HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ducks Requesting Coburn And Flyers 1st For Bobby Ryan

Old
06-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
1st pick this will be moved only to get a very good D, it's our only chance to get a good D without givng too much

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
McNasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Gags has a lost a step, sure. But he had a few steps to give. He's still got excellent wheels, and hands. He looked pretty darn good after he got a few games under him with the Flyers. Remember, he had a solid mass the size of a golf ball removed from his neck before last season, and then didn't really get much playing time with the Kings. Ideally he would look good on the 3rd line with Couturier and Read. Three good two way players who can score.

The team sucked 5 on 5 yes, but they lost arguably their best 5 on 5 defenseman in Carle (he led all NHL D in 5 on 5 scoring his last year with the Flyers). 5 on 5 is where you need a good transition game, and the Flyers transition game was horrible. Streit will help that but he's just a temporary fix. The 11th pick can provide a long term fix (with a little luck).

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Ryan in a Flyers uniform, but the Flyers aren't in a position to give up what the OP is suggesting. It's a good fantasy hockey trade maybe, not a good real world hockey trade though.
Gagne has never in his entire career had what most people would call good hands and calling his wheels excellent at this point is inaccurate IMO, he's an above average skater right now, that's it.

Anyways, the Flyers lost Carle yes, but they also lost two top 6 forwards in Jagr and JVR that weren't replaced and the lack of depth on the wings was evident at even strength. I'm not suggesting the Flyers do that deal in the OP, I agree they're best off keeping the 11 I'm arguing the point you were trying to make saying the Flyers don't have a need for a top 6 winger, which I feel is ridiculously off base.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Value's there, but the reason for the Flyers to do it isn't. I'd do Read/Coburn + 1st 2014 though.
Why would the Ducks go for next years first? With Ryan on the team there's a good possibility it'll be a pick in the 20's or higher.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:25 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Gagne has never in his entire career had what most people would call good hands and calling his wheels excellent at this point is inaccurate IMO, he's an above average skater right now, that's it.

Anyways, the Flyers lost Carle yes, but they also lost two top 6 forwards in Jagr and JVR that weren't replaced and the lack of depth on the wings was evident at even strength. I'm not suggesting the Flyers do that deal in the OP, I agree they're best off keeping the 11 I'm arguing the point you were trying to make saying the Flyers don't have a need for a top 6 winger, which I feel is ridiculously off base.
Ok, we disagree on Gagne. But I'm not saying we don't need a top 6 winger, I agree there. Just that Ryan for Coburn + #11 is not a good trade for the Flyers. Something around Ryan + Sbisa for Coburn + ? + ? is better, at least we get a good young D back. But I don't think I'd trade the 11th pick unless I get a top pairing D back.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:48 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
That's fine, just like Ryan though. According to dobberhockey he spend around 35% of the time with Giroux
Don't confuse a late bloomer and peaking player with elite talent. At the same age, while Read was developing his skill at the hockey hot bed of Bemijdi State, Ryan was stacking up three consecutive 30 goal seasons in the NHL. By time Read even made it to the NHL, the younger Ryan had over 100 career goals.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Gagne has never in his entire career had what most people would call good hands
He must have good hands in his two 40 goal seasons. He wasn't scoring those goals by parking himself in front of the net.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Why would the Ducks go for next years first? With Ryan on the team there's a good possibility it'll be a pick in the 20's or higher.
I read one suggestion that next years first or this years second could be the pick instead of this years first. I think it would have to be next years first AND this years second.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:06 PM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
He must have good hands in his two 40 goal seasons. He wasn't scoring those goals by parking himself in front of the net.
When Peter Forsberg calls a guy the best pure goal scorer he's ever played with, I think it fair to assume that good hands are involved.

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:07 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
When I think good hands I think stick handling and passing, those weren't Gagne's strengths when he was scoring at that pace. He had a good shot and was a very good skater. It's been a while since those 2 assets have been on display, combined with him missing significant time in each of the past 4 seasons. He's not a reliable top 9 winger any more, accept it flyers fans.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Accelleratii

You would think moving Coburn will be to open a roster spot for Gustafsson and free up some of the salary the Flyers are paying their D. $33 Mil tied into 7 dmen is crazy. Keeping the picks is smartest, and moving Coburn for assets is ideal considering Streit just signed on for 4 years. Flyers really need to start building their assets/depth.

An interesting idea would to just put Meszaros on LTIR for the year being that he's played just 52% of the Flyers last 141 games, freeing up a roster spot and salary space while retaining a player like Coburn. With Mesz and Kimmo coming off the books next offseason it's probably wisest to keep Coburn unless he's moved for a clear upgrade.

Accelleratii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Curufinwe

He can't go on there unless he actually injured again. Philly is better of trading him for a pick.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Selanne138

How about Bobby Ryan + 2013 2nd for Gagne?

Otherwise I dont think you can squeeze Ryan into your already overcrowded Top 6 and since no other teams are interested in Ryan we have to unload him to Philly. Thoughts?

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:36 PM
DoubleDouble*

vCash: 860
That's a superb deal for Philly in my opinion.

DoubleDouble* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Ducks DVM
Global Moderator
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post

Otherwise I dont think you can squeeze Ryan into your already overcrowded Top 6 and since no other teams are interested in Ryan we have to unload him to Philly. Thoughts?
Add the

Too many people won't get the joke.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Jray42

He was being sarcastic.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Tecumseh
Ducks Hockey is Hell

It's Coburn and THIS YEAR'S first not next year's. Anything less and it's a no from Anaheim.

Tecumseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Add the

Too many people won't get the joke.
Guess I didnt lay on as much sarcasm as I intended to. But yeah its a for the guy asking if I am smoking.

Youd guess by this thread that Bobby is equal to a guy 7 years older with 29 goals over the last three years combined, when Ryan has 30+ in each of his full seasons.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM358 View Post
It's Coburn and THIS YEAR'S first not next year's. Anything less and it's a no from Anaheim.
The flyers can wait til he is a free agent then. Not 100% that they will get him, I'd say 70%, but it will hurt alot less.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger Danger View Post
The flyers can wait til he is a free agent then. Not 100% that they will get him, I'd say 70%, but it will hurt alot less.
If only it were that easy to acquire a consistent 30-goal scorer.

06-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
If only it were that easy to acquire a consistent 30-goal scorer.
It's not like he is just some random guy though. He has history, and a desire to play in philly. I could very well be wrong, but like I said , I'm pretty sure he will play for the flyers at some point in the not so distant future.

Old
06-28-2013, 02:09 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
The flyers can wait til he is a free agent then.
I keep hearing this. It's pretty funny, really.

Have fun waiting 2 years for him to maybe sign with Philly. I'm sure he'll be dealt by then and not a concern of the Ducks.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:11 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post

Gagne is off limits. Maybe if the pick was a 1st.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
I keep hearing this. It's pretty funny, really.

Have fun waiting 2 years for him to maybe sign with Philly. I'm sure he'll be dealt by then and not a concern of the Ducks.
Id rather wait 2 years for him maybe to sign, then pay too much. Just mho.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Coburn+Laughton maybe. I like Laughton but I wouldn't mind that deal. Flyer fans don't want us to trade for him because he "will sign here for nothing". That never goes wrong though does it?

The Flyers lead scouts are asking Homer to not move the first rounder this year. He seems to be listening as well. During his draft conference with media he even mentioned they need the 1st rounder this year.
I would part with Laughton, my main gripe is giving up core pieces like Schenn or Couturier.

Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
It's not like he is just some random guy though. He has history, and a desire to play in philly. I could very well be wrong, but like I said , I'm pretty sure he will play for the flyers at some point in the not so distant future.
This seems to be a common theme for a number of players. How often does it ever turn out that way?

Quote:
Id rather wait 2 years for him maybe to sign, then pay too much. Just mho.
I don't see how Coburn and a 2013 1st is "too much" for a consistent 30-goal scorer.

The 2014 1st, for me, is a deal breaker. The value of that pick is likely to be quite a bit less.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote