HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ducks Requesting Coburn And Flyers 1st For Bobby Ryan

Old
06-28-2013, 12:19 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Meh, I don't feel like Coburn is that big of an upgrade. I think Murray knows that and definitely is still demanding Schenn/Couturier
Maybe you just don't get a chance to see him that much then. He's been inconsistent at times in his career, but he's been dominant at some points as well. I'd easily consider him our second best defenseman upon his arrival and if he returns to form he'd at least be on par with Beauchemin if not better.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:21 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

It's just that obviously if you're a ufa and you have an opportunity to go to your hometown team that you grew up watching, where you also have a lot of connections with friends of your family, wouldn't you want to? It's nothing more than speculation, but you have to believe that if you told bobby Ryan right now that he could play for any team in the league besides the ducks, there's a pretty good chance he's going to say the flyers.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
defer
chef de la connexion

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
Maybe you just don't get a chance to see him that much then. He's been inconsistent at times in his career, but he's been dominant at some points as well. I'd easily consider him our second best defenseman upon his arrival and if he returns to form he'd at least be on par with Beauchemin if not better.
I've seen him quite a bit. I'm sure he'd be a good addition, but this trade wouldn't be maximising Ryan's trade value imo.

I've mentioned (along with Eddie Shack and others) that we should trade Ryan or even add to him for an A level piece, which doesn't mean a dman who's sometimes dominant and sometimes merely inconsistent.

Anyway, if Murray thinks this an acceptable trade..wouldn't it have occurred already? Because the rumours suggest Holmgren would do it.

defer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:24 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Why would Anaheim do it for just Coburn and 11? And Flyer fans saying they want to keep 11, well if your acquiring a 26 year old 30 goal scorer it's gonna cost value. Your not getting him for Coburn and just a 2nd

Buffalo offers Andrej Sekera and #8 overall for Bobby Ryan.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:26 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I've mentioned (along with Eddie Shack and others) that we should trade Ryan or even add to him for an A level piece, which doesn't mean a dman who's sometimes dominant and sometimes merely inconsistent.
Well you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that disagrees with that. If we could get a better defenseman than Coburn in a Ryan trade even at the expense of us adding (a 1st or one of many prospects in our pool) I'd be all for that as well. Maybe I just value Coburn highly enough that I think he'd turn into the perfect partner for Fowler and the additional pick would be icing on the cake. Philadelphia's coaching staff is doing a huge disservice to their defensemen and I understand why anyone would be weary of settling for them, but I really do think our system would suit Coburn perfectly.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
It's just that obviously if you're a ufa and you have an opportunity to go to your hometown team that you grew up watching, where you also have a lot of connections with friends of your family, wouldn't you want to? It's nothing more than speculation, but you have to believe that if you told bobby Ryan right now that he could play for any team in the league besides the ducks, there's a pretty good chance he's going to say the flyers.
Take a look at the Maple Leafs in the early-to-mid 2000s. Chock full of guys who fulfilled their lifelong dream of wearing the blue and white, and almost all of them did it when they were past their prime. It's surely enticing, but this is the guy's last chance at a big money deal, I just couldn't see him, or most players for that matter, taking a large discount for a team they're unfamiliar with. He can always go play for the Flyers at the end, but to do it now could cost him $10 million or more. Pretty big sacrifice to make for a team you've never played for.

The Mighty Duck Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
2faded

Quote:
Or maybe he would rather go to a team that's going to win the cup.

2faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
You're so sure that Ryan is going to Philly that it is, in your opinion, lowering his trade value because other teams would be worried about not re-signing him? Can you please explain to me why you are so sure of something like that?
reread my post . im speculating and you're twisting my words to make it sound as if im certain he is coming to philly. Either you are trying to manipulate my post to troll or you have serious reading comprehension issues.

I said that some teams may feel wary to trade for ryan since he will be a ufa soon and their have always been rumors of him and philly being intrested in one another.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:32 AM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
reread my post . im speculating and you're twisting my words to make it sound as if im certain he is coming to philly. Either you are trying to manipulate my post to troll or you have serious reading comprehension issues.

I said that some teams may feel wary to trade for ryan since he will be a ufa soon and their have always been rumors of him and philly being intrested in one another.
Okay, other teams may feel wary of trading for him, in your opinion. What's your point? Obviously, people being wary of trading for him would mean his trade value is less, no? I'm pretty sure that's what you were trying to imply.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:33 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Take a look at the Maple Leafs in the early-to-mid 2000s. Chock full of guys who fulfilled their lifelong dream of wearing the blue and white, and almost all of them did it when they were past their prime. It's surely enticing, but this is the guy's last chance at a big money deal, I just couldn't see him, or most players for that matter, taking a large discount for a team they're unfamiliar with. He can always go play for the Flyers at the end, but to do it now could cost him $10 million or more. Pretty big sacrifice to make for a team you've never played for.
You're assuming he would need to take a discount to play for the flyers though? I don't quite get your point.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:34 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Okay, other teams may feel wary of trading for him, in your opinion. What's your point? Obviously, people being wary of trading for him would mean his trade value is less, no? I'm pretty sure that's what you were trying to imply.
partially, If im a GM im not trading for bobby ryan unless im certain I can get an Extension done. If that is the case then i think you will see anaheim getting getting a jordan staal type package.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:37 AM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
partially, If im a GM im not trading for bobby ryan unless im certain I can get an Extension done. If that is the case then i think you will see anaheim getting getting a jordan staal type package.
So, what I said was accurate, which you replied with I have no reading comprehension or I'm trying to troll? Thanks.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:42 AM
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle

Seems like a reasonable price to me.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:44 AM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
You're assuming he would need to take a discount to play for the flyers though? I don't quite get your point.
Yup. Even with the buyouts, I predict they won't be in any position to give him $7 million a year, which I think he could command. Just a guess on my part, but with the way Holmgren spends, an educated one. Plus there's the extra year factor. If, say, the Ducks deal him to a team that can afford to give him $56 million, that's $14 more than I think the Flyers can give him. Who knows, maybe he won't command that much, or maybe the Flyers will have ample room to bring him in and extend Voracek the next year(along with possibly Couturier and Schenn if they sign short-term extensions), but that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:45 AM
letowskie

Doesn't seem like anything realistic.

Anaheim has no need for someone like Coburn. They could use a bona fide top-pairing D, but Coburn certainly won't fill those shoes. The 1st is far short of the value Ryan.

Unless there is a 3-way deal going on, where the Ducks turns around and ships Coburn somewhere else, this deal makes no sense at all.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:46 AM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Doesn't seem like anything realistic.

Anaheim has no need for someone like Coburn. They could use a bona fide top-pairing D, but Coburn certainly won't fill those shoes. The 1st is far short of the value Ryan.

Unless there is a 3-way deal going on, where the Ducks turns around and ships Coburn somewhere else, this deal makes no sense at all.
On the contrary, Coburn fits pretty nicely with the Ducks. I think he'd be a great partner for Fowler, and could help him develop into a high-end defenseman. But, no, the value just isn't enough IMO.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Jtown

Quote:
So, what I said was accurate, which you replied with I have no reading comprehension or I'm trying to troll? Thanks.
http://i.imgur.com/NTGhhJh.gif

Old
06-28-2013, 12:47 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Yup. Even with the buyouts, I predict they won't be in any position to give him $7 million a year, which I think he could command. Just a guess on my part, but with the way Holmgren spends, an educated one. Plus there's the extra year factor. If, say, the Ducks deal him to a team that can afford to give him $56 million, that's $14 more than I think the Flyers can give him. Who knows, maybe he won't command that much, or maybe the Flyers will have ample room to bring him in and extend Voracek the next year(along with possibly Couturier and Schenn if they sign short-term extensions), but that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it.
Valid point/opinion, but with the rumors of the cap potentially shooting up drastically over the next few seasons, anything is possible I suppose.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:48 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Why would Anaheim do it for just Coburn and 11? And Flyer fans saying they want to keep 11, well if your acquiring a 26 year old 30 goal scorer it's gonna cost value. Your not getting him for Coburn and just a 2nd

Buffalo offers Andrej Sekera and #8 overall for Bobby Ryan.
Where do most Buffalo fans stand on Tyler Myers right now? Would something like Ryan+Dman for Myers+Forward be a possibility? I realize Myers has six seasons left to Ryan's four so I'd think Anaheim adds the better piece.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Where do most Buffalo fans stand on Tyler Myers right now? Would something like Ryan+Dman for Myers+Forward be a possibility? I realize Myers has six seasons left to Ryan's four so I'd think Anaheim adds the better piece.
Ryan only has two seasons left. Buffalo would want that piece to be much bigger than we would be willing to offer.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:54 AM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

I think Philly would be better off with less drastic roster movement.

They have a pretty good team that just played poorly during the lockout season.

Last edited by AlowlyMcOilersfan: 06-28-2013 at 01:00 AM.
AlowlyMcOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:54 AM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Valid point/opinion, but with the rumors of the cap potentially shooting up drastically over the next few seasons, anything is possible I suppose.
If the cap shoots up drastically by the time he hits UFA, I'd back off that prediction quite a bit. A big part of that is I'm predicting the cap is around $67 million by the time Ryan hits UFA.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Oasis
Some Might Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
That's a "high" asking price? Two teenage "promises" yet to touch NHL ice...for a proven, high-end, just-in-his-prime 1st line NHL winger?

Dear God how the unknown, abstract future (picks/prospects) is overrated by some.

I hope for the Ducks' sake they don't make that deal. If I'm the Flyers and get offered that trade, I pull the trigger. Now.

If it's Coburn instead of the "prospect" it still makes sense for the Flyers. Coburn is solid. But you can find (replace) his kind long before you can come across a Ryan type.
Excellent post, Trots, per usual.

I don't understand why the Ducks would make such a deal. They just finished in second place and have the majority of their core locked up long term. Why would they move a first line winger for two non-NHL pieces when they lack depth at the forward position as is? I would understand if they moved him for a legitimate upgrade on defense, or for an upgrade at center, but otherwise, I don't see the logic.

Ryan has his faults, but he's still a first liner. A rather young one, at that. He still has room to grow and develop his game.

06-28-2013, 01:00 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Myers still is held in very high regard by the Sabres organization. That being said there could possibly be the framework for a deal with Myers and Ryan being the 2 main pieces. I would think the second piece from Anaheim would have to be bigger then the one Buffalo gives up. What about

Bobby Ryan and Peter Holland for Tyler Myers + # 16 + # 52?

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:06 AM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Myers still is held in very high regard by the Sabres organization. That being said there could possibly be the framework for a deal with Myers and Ryan being the 2 main pieces. I would think the second piece from Anaheim would have to be bigger then the one Buffalo gives up. What about

Bobby Ryan and Peter Holland for Tyler Myers + # 16 + # 52?
Can't see Buffalo adding the picks, and I'd still be fine with it. I could see them wanting a defenseman in return, I'm guessing Sbisa, and I'd be fine with incuding him with Ryan to get Myers.