HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Saga:Glendale City Council passes Phoenix Coyotes arena deal (Read post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2013, 05:03 PM
Mosby
Howl On

vCash: 500
Gosbee on TSN Radio http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/listen/

Interview summary for those who missed it. TSN also posts their podcasts to iTunes if you're interested in hearing it yourself.

- Gosbee: This was most complicated transaction I've worked on in my 21-year career
- Friends with a few league owners, became interested in joining after new CBA was crafted
- New CBA presents better attributes for a good investment
- Highlighted the new divisions which will see increased attendance in divisional games vs. Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver
- This is about building a winning organization, showing community involvement, and bringing back fans and corporate sponsors
- Our conviction is that once we're profitable, there is no objective to leave
- Now in a waiting game to make sure there is no referendum. The deal will officially close in 30 or so days

Any links to the earlier interview with LeBlanc on 620?

Last edited by Mosby: 07-03-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old
07-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Howler Scores

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtDogMesa View Post
If they do start charging for parking this will be my last year as a STH, 175 miles day for weekday games and 115 miles on weekends is costly enough. This is Az to much open space to pay for parking!
I dig. I already pay $10 to park in Lot G so I am use to paying for parking.

Old
07-03-2013, 05:12 PM
SniperHF
Mod Supervisor

I don't mind paying for parking but they have to figure out a way to not make it a traffic nightmare. Also they need to stop shuffling people in the opposite direction they want to go in.

Old
07-03-2013, 05:13 PM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
Just spoke to Paul Giblin of AZ Central on the phone. He has been covering the Coyotes ownership.
He wants Coyote fans to call him to hear if you are willing to pay for parking, ticket surcharge.
He is taking calls now at 602-444-6912 and wants to hear from you.
Do I want to - No.
Do I understand it - Yes
Will I pay it - Yes
Am I gonna call someone to talk about it - No

Old
07-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Howler Scores

If they use the same company that does it for the Cardinals, then you have 1 guy who knows what he is doing and 7 who dont. Usually that 1 guy collects the money and the rest send you on a collision course with another car.

More importantly, since every spring training facility charges $5-$10 bucks, Cammelback should charge. But I am sure its in the contract that they cant.

Old
07-03-2013, 05:16 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 667
There was the meeting and the usual pissing contests that came along with the end result of a vote getting apporved and the extermes showing their true colors. Those who are Anti-Coyotes thought the Coyotes are gone now think the team is staying now forever. Those who are Pro-Coyotes think that the relocation threat is now over for good.

It's not over yet as there are still the legal challenges and then finishing the deal once all legal challenges has failed. I'm not worred so much about the legal challenges as I am what happens after giventhe history of events. Even if we do have a new owner we could find ourselves back in this mess a few years from now if things all around don't change for the better. The response of the market is going to be the most critical if this team is not only going to be here for the long run but if there is any chance of having a great product on the ice for years to come.

Old
07-03-2013, 05:20 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
I don't mind paying for parking but they have to figure out a way to not make it a traffic nightmare. Also they need to stop shuffling people in the opposite direction they want to go in.
Pretty much where I'm at. I don't mind paying, would just like some better thought out traffic flow on game days.

Old
07-03-2013, 05:23 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebranded Fan View Post
If they use the same company that does it for the Cardinals, then you have 1 guy who knows what he is doing and 7 who dont. Usually that 1 guy collects the money and the rest send you on a collision course with another car.

More importantly, since every spring training facility charges $5-$10 bucks, Cammelback should charge. But I am sure its in the contract that they cant.
The more I think about it, the more I wonder how can a system for charging others to park can work when there are plenty of people at Westgate who either work there or going to do other stuff besides attend events at Jobing.com Arena or UofP Stadium?

Maybe the only option is to charge the parking fee per ticket transaction?

Old
07-03-2013, 05:31 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Validate like they do for Cards games.

Old
07-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Dirty Old Man
Still Hangin'

Quote:
If they do start charging for parking this will be my last year as a STH, 175 miles day for weekday games and 115 miles on weekends is costly enough. This is Az to much open space to pay for parking!
I have a feeling it wouldn't be terribly difficult to circumvent any parking fees if you're willing to walk an extra couple hundred yards. People have been doing that for Dbacks/Suns for ages, and there are a couple of ripe targets in the immediate vicinity of Jobing.com. Unless the plan is to start charging to park at Westgate, Tanger, and Cabela's on game nights, all three.

For me - if it's $5, no problem. $10 I'm definitely looking to skirt it. (and the guy I usually car pool out there with is even cheaper than I am)

Old
07-03-2013, 05:45 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Looks like the rebrand won't be until next season.

Quote:
Ronnie Laybold ‏@GlendaleCoyotes
[Leblanc] will be into "Heavy Hiring" for the Coyotes marketing. Arizona Coyotes will take effect after this coming season. 2014-15. #coyotes

Leblanc will be consulted by Maloney in FA's before August closing. Says he will be very visible, fans are the heros and he wants to reward

Old
07-03-2013, 05:53 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Give me a break! Eat one less hot dog or drink one less beer.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Kylo Ren
East Valley Coyotes

Quote:
Are you serious? FYI, I also live in Mesa.

$10 a game is no make or break if it means It helps my team succeed. All sporting events charge for parking.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:02 PM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Yeah guys come on~!

Would it be ok to call them 'relocationists'? Because that is ultimately what 'they' have in common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Before I give my response to the latest events I have something to get off my chest as it relates to the ownership mess. After speaking to others with regards to other Coyotes Fans making xenophoebic remarks in someway shape of form during the recent events it's time once again for someone to have to say: KNOCK IT OFF!! The comments are outright stupid, embarrassing, and makes all Coyotes Fans look bad. For those who made such remarks in retaliation; 2 wrongs don't make a right.

While I do love comments that show support it's crap like this that is not needed and is just egging on others to make such remarks in the future.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Sinurgy
Rebuilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Pretty much where I'm at. I don't mind paying, would just like some better thought out traffic flow on game days.
Same here. The free parking was awesome but one of the realities of keeping the team here is losing that perk. My only desire is that they make the process smooth and efficient. No one wants to drive way out there and then spend an extra 20 minutes dealing with parking. I kind of wish they just upped ticket prices by $10 and left the parking free but oh well.

Just make it speedy, that's my only request!

Old
07-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
There was the meeting and the usual pissing contests that came along with the end result of a vote getting apporved and the extermes showing their true colors. Those who are Anti-Coyotes thought the Coyotes are gone now think the team is staying now forever. Those who are Pro-Coyotes think that the relocation threat is now over for good.

It's not over yet as there are still the legal challenges and then finishing the deal once all legal challenges has failed. I'm not worred so much about the legal challenges as I am what happens after giventhe history of events. Even if we do have a new owner we could find ourselves back in this mess a few years from now if things all around don't change for the better. The response of the market is going to be the most critical if this team is not only going to be here for the long run but if there is any chance of having a great product on the ice for years to come.
Ever the pessimist. I don't care what you think. :

You were proven wrong, we get to keep our team, and it will be for longer than five years.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Mosby
Howl On

Here's the LeBlanc 620 interview for those interested: http://icestream.bonnint.net:8000/az...2013141828.mp3

Old
07-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Lady Macbeth
La Reine des Neiges

vCash: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
Just spoke to Paul Giblin of AZ Central on the phone. He has been covering the Coyotes ownership.
He wants Coyote fans to call him to hear if you are willing to pay for parking, ticket surcharge.
He is taking calls now at 602-444-6912 and wants to hear from you.
I called and left a voicemail.

Said this, basically: revenue needs to increase for the franchise to become profitable. Since it's not like our attendance is low to the point of like 20% capacity, this means that the average cost to attend a game is going to have to go up, which is something I'm perfectly fine with. I would personally prefer to just pay a higher price for tickets and still have free parking for logistical reasons (since I just do monthly payments for season tickets and it would be easier to have it done that way than pay for parking at every game I go to), but in the end it's a minor issue and I don't mind either way. The Coyotes need to make more money, and some of that is going to be my money that I'm paying them.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:35 PM
zz

I don't care about paying for parking. Didn't mind paying $ 12 or whatever it was downtown, so I won't mind it now either. And I don't have a problem paying an extra $ 3 ticket surcharge to the city. All of this will not affect my decision to go to a game.

Paying real NHL prices will definitely have an impact on me though, that's for sure. My yearly hockey budget's pretty much fixed at about $ 1K, and I won't go upper level. So my attendance will probably go from 15 games / season to 8 or 10 unless I keep seeing great deals on stubhub.

Although, honestly, I'm so sick of the drive now that I've moved east, I don't see myself heading that way more than 5 to 10 times / yr regardless of ticket prices. It's just too much of a hassle. I've actually skipped free tickets for the sole reason that I didn't feel like driving there.

As always, the key to the team's success will be putting a quality product on the ice. Fail to make the playoffs again next season and no marketing investment will save this team from huge losses.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Lady Macbeth
La Reine des Neiges

vCash: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
I don't care about paying for parking. Didn't mind paying $ 12 or whatever it was downtown, so I won't mind it now either. And I don't have a problem paying an extra $ 3 ticket surcharge to the city. All of this will not affect my decision to go to a game.

Paying real NHL prices will definitely have an impact on me though, that's for sure. My yearly hockey budget's pretty much fixed at about $ 1K, and I won't go upper level. So my attendance will probably go from 15 games / season to 8 or 10 unless I keep seeing great deals on stubhub.

Although, honestly, I'm so sick of the drive now that I've moved east, I don't see myself heading that way more than 5 to 10 times / yr regardless of ticket prices. It's just too much of a hassle. I've actually skipped free tickets for the sole reason that I didn't feel like driving there.

As always, the key to the team's success will be putting a quality product on the ice. Fail to make the playoffs again next season and no marketing investment will save this team from huge losses.
That's an issue for me as well, plus I have a new job and I don't know what the work hours are going to be like when hockey season starts. There's also a good chance I'll be moving somewhere else by the end of the calendar year and it'll either be a bit further away (west Mesa) or significantly closer (central Phoenix) than Tempe. I've already committed to full season tickets for 13-14 and hope it works out though. If not, I'll be having to sell a lot of tickets on StubHub.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:48 PM
XX
One More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
Here's the LeBlanc 620 interview for those interested: http://icestream.bonnint.net:8000/az...2013141828.mp3
He didn't nail down anything, fluff answer to the equity question. Seems like they're getting a five year window to turn this around a satisfactory amount. Makes sense for the league to get an interested ownership group in here. At the same time, it makes sense to limit their liability by having the out clause. If this team doesn't make progress in those five years, they will move. I find that to be a fair and reasonable arrangement.

So long as the team remains competitive and recovers from the BK off the ice, they should clear that hurdle. If the team is on solid financial footing or approaching it in five years, I could see the NHL forgiving the $80m debt or bumping the interest down so low that it's a non factor.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:57 PM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
That's an issue for me as well, plus I have a new job and I don't know what the work hours are going to be like when hockey season starts. There's also a good chance I'll be moving somewhere else by the end of the calendar year and it'll either be a bit further away (west Mesa) or significantly closer (central Phoenix) than Tempe. I've already committed to full season tickets for 13-14 and hope it works out though. If not, I'll be having to sell a lot of tickets on StubHub.
Yeah, I'm in a similar situation. My current location in Scottsdale makes it a huge pain in the ass, but it should be temporary. If all goes well, I'll be living around the Biltmore area by the end of the year, which would cut my one-way commute from 41 miles (I can't believe how much **** I've gotten here for not wanting to drive 82 miles per game, 15 times per season, but I digress) to 14 miles. Still a half hour drive on surface streets, but much more manageable.

Old
07-03-2013, 06:59 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
Kinda sidestepped the financials with fluff, but gotta give LeBlanc all the points for enthusiasm and being articulate, much more than Jamison anyways. I don't doubt he has the ability to wage an effective marketing campaign for the Yotes.

As long as RSE remains committed to filling the Job with events and patrons while giving the resources and autonomy needed for Maloney and co. to field a competitive team, I think we have a fair shot of turning it around in five years. We certainly have to do our part though in showing up.

Old
07-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Howler Scores

Leblanc was on 1060. Stated he has completed the purchase agreement with the NHL. Also stated part of their deal is to get the All Star game in "the near future".

Also said he loves the logo as is and doesn't plan changing it.

Old
07-03-2013, 07:30 PM
Sinurgy
Rebuilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundblad View Post
West Mesa is not that bad, I lived on Baseline and the 101 (Tempe/Mesa border) for years and I didn't find the drive to be a deal breaker. I would usually leave at 6:30pm and be in my seats by 7:10pm. Sometimes I'd miss the opening (opening video, skating out onto the ice, anthem, etc.) but rarely would I miss any of the game.

Closed Thread