HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Ownership Saga:Glendale City Council passes Phoenix Coyotes arena deal (Read post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2013, 08:34 PM
pacdunes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
The election was not based on a singular issue much less the singular issue being the stopping any kind of deal to keep the Coyotes in Glendale. Damn those real "facts".
hard to keep track on whether he considers that a fact, most likely he'll default to "rant".

Old
06-28-2013, 08:37 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
this isn't over yet
I'm not trying to be a debbie downer here (shocking, right?) but for it to 'not die' requires a structural change. If RSE is adamant about Fortress and the NHL not being cool with an out clause, then demanding as much is indeed the end of this particular saga.

Let's just hope they don't dial H for Hulsizer.

Old
06-28-2013, 08:40 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacdunes View Post
hard to keep track on whether he considers that a fact, most likely he'll default to "rant".
So what real infomation can you share with us from over at the Maple Leafs Board as it relates to Ownership Mess?

Old
06-28-2013, 08:43 PM
Desert Ice 11
Release 20140726 :|

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by korpedo View Post
@cmorganfoxaz
This is a business negotiation. Both sides take hard-line stances. Could it die? Sure. But I suspect there'll be more talks this weekend.

this isn't over yet
Is it ever over?

Old
06-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

If this results in the Coyotes moving, I will never spend another dime of my money in Glendale. No Cardinal games, no concerts, no bar hopping and no restaurants. I know that may sound stupid, but I am literally that fed up with this council.

Old
06-28-2013, 08:48 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
If this results in the Coyotes moving, I will never spend another dime of my money in Glendale. No Cardinal games, no concerts, no bar hopping and no restaurants. I know that may sound stupid, but I am literally that fed up with this council.
Before you get on Glendale's case keep in mind there is plenty of blame to go around and it was on the NHL's side that foolishly rejected the last deal with a piss poor excuse of who want more control of the team and how much they are going to allow someone to have control of.

This is what the NHL wants, they want the people to blame the city and not them ever for the state of the team and possible relocation. Don't fall for it!

Old
06-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
The only reason I go to the west valley is for the Coyotes. Last time I went, I ate at a restaurant (La Pizza Al Forno) not far from the arena . Bought food and drinks at the game.

Coyotes leave = Me not having any reason to go to Glendale and spend my dollars.

Old
06-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Before you get on Glendale's case keep in mind there is plenty of blame to go around and it was on the NHL's side that foolishly rejected the last deal with a piss poor excuse of who want more control of the team and how much they are going to allow someone to have control of.

This is what the NHL wants, they want the people to blame the city and not them ever for the state of the team and possible relocation. Don't fall for it!
Are you talking about Pastors or Jamison?

Just wondering, do you think Pastors would have been better choice by the NHL in regards to ownership?

Old
06-28-2013, 08:53 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
You and me both. I moved a mile and a half down the road a few years ago so I'm technically in Phoenix now. I still go to Westgate a lot and was going to purchase a home back in Glendale in February. If this goes south I won't be at Westgate ever again and I won't purchase in Glendale. I realize my dollars mean very little in the grand scheme of things but I won't give them one scent ever again. This has been managed poorly from all sides and angles for years and that includes the council starting with our flip-flopping former mayor to the current joker.

Old
06-28-2013, 08:54 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
The council is just doing what is best for the city. That's their prerogative. The same one that kept the Coyotes here might now be showing them the door.

The real blame belongs to the league and their absurd price.

Old
06-28-2013, 08:55 PM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan11 View Post

Just wondering, do you think Pastors would have been better choice by the NHL in regards to ownership?
I would have liked to see some negotiation with Pastor. Not sure why the froze him out when he seemed to come to the table with an interesting first offer. It seems like they always have to negotiate with just one bidder. Why?

Old
06-28-2013, 08:57 PM
OOEEL

Craig Morgan
Quote:
COG will post notice of July 2 vote tonight even though RSE will not agree to the proposal they're posting. You can't make this stuff up...

Old
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
You and me both. I moved a mile and a half down the road a few years ago so I'm technically in Phoenix now. I still go to Westgate a lot and was going to purchase a home back in Glendale in February. If this goes south I won't be at Westgate ever again and I won't purchase in Glendale. I realize my dollars mean very little in the grand scheme of things but I won't give them one scent ever again. This has been managed poorly from all sides and angles for years and that includes the council starting with our flip-flopping former mayor to the current joker.
Exactly my thoughts.

Old
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
I would have liked to see some negotiation with Pastor. Not sure why the froze him out when he seemed to come to the table with an interesting first offer. It seems like they always have to negotiate with just one bidder. Why?
Pastor's bid was, financially speaking, a total joke. That's why he was brushed aside without so much as a phone call. I'd encourage people to not 'go there' and say "well Pastor wanted to pay more and buy the arena!" because it's all just a dishonest shell game with him.

Old
06-28-2013, 08:58 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Maybe it would be to complicated. You got me on that one.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Pastor's bid was, financially speaking, a total joke. That's why he was brushed aside without so much as a phone call. I'd encourage people to not 'go there' and say "well Pastor wanted to pay more and buy the arena!" because it's all just a dishonest shell game with him.
I didn't know to much about Pastors and his bid. All I knew was that he was promising a whole lot of other things that didn't really matter much. Seemed like gimmick but I was not really sure about the whole thing because it seemed to happen very quick.

Figured I asked here and get some factoids and opinions.

Last edited by Desert Ice 11: 06-28-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: gotten to get...that is all
Old
06-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
The council is just doing what is best for the city. That's their prerogative. The same one that kept the Coyotes here might now be showing them the door.

The council is doing what THEY THINK is best for the city. If the COG knew what was best they wouldn't find themselves in a financial mess. Their financial mess go far beyond the Coyotes.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:

There are other ways that are better:

The 1st one is the deal that Jerry Reinsdorf got from the city before the backruptcy and that deal failed as a result of the NHL not making the right moves with what to do with Jerry Moyes after he gave the keys over to the league.

The 2nd one would be to find someone with billions of dollars and try to buy the whole package of the team, the arena, westgate, UofP Stadium and the AZ Cardinals; if of course the NHL and company were willing to try and get the owners of the Cardinals and UofP Stadium to sell.

The 3rd one would be in case it never works out with Glendale to try and move the Coyotes back into Downtown Phoenix; a bigger city with more revenue and money than Glendale.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Time heals wounds. Most if not all of us will visit Glendale something in the future and spend money.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:07 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Figured I asked here and get some factoids and opinions.
The main thing was that he wanted to finance the whole deal over a long period of time without any consideration for the NHL. So, assuming the public are total idiots, he kept bandying about a big price tag. "Look, I'll pay $250+ million! I'm the best offer!" When you actually factor in present value, interest, opportunity cost etc... his bid ended up being less than RSE yet with even more risk. That and he announced his presence with an effin press release rather than going through the proper channels. An idiot, and was treated as such by the league.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
There are other ways that are better:

The 1st one is the deal that Jerry Reinsdorf got from the city before the backruptcy and that deal failed as a result of the NHL not making the right moves with what to do with Jerry Moyes after he gave the keys over to the league.

The 2nd one would be to find someone with billions of dollars and try to buy the whole package of the team, the arena, westgate, UofP Stadium and the AZ Cardinals; if of course the NHL and company were willing to try and get the owners of the Cardinals and UofP Stadium to sell.

The 3rd one would be in case it never works out with Glendale to try and move the Coyotes back into Downtown Phoenix; a bigger city with more revenue and money than Glendale.
I wish if relocation happened it would be back to downtown Phoenix. I also wish a billionaire would buy the team and throw cash at the Coyotes like cash was water and the team was a fire.

Sadly, wont happen in the real world

Old
06-28-2013, 09:12 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Mayor Jerry Weiers on the city's counter proposal: “What we worked on this morning extensively and what we’re proposing to them is some red lines that they took out that we put back in; some things that they put in that we took back out. (We’re) trying to make certain that the city is left as whole as possible because right now the city is carrying all the burdens; has all the liabilities and that’s not a good place for the city to be.”

Mayor Jerry Weiers: "We’re going to vote on Tuesday. The only thing that might happen is (RSE) may come back and say 'you know what, we were kidding. We really didn’t mean what we said' and I sort of expect that’s exactly what they’re going to say. 'We weren’t really serious about we’re leaving.'

"If they are they are. That’s a risk all of the council members this morning (agreed was) fine.”
City is comfy with the team potentially leaving.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
I wish if relocation happened it would be back to downtown Phoenix. I also wish a billionaire would buy the team and throw cash at the Coyotes like cash was water and the team was a fire.

Sadly, wont happen in the real world
That won't but to have an owner owing more than one team with many revenue streams is possible but it has not been tried yet.

Old
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:

You're absolutely correct. In fact, the NHL won't get my business anymore either if they relocate (not that losing one customer makes as much of a dent as it would to Glendale losing a frequent visitor.)
With that said, the COG is not exactly handling this like professionals. They are having council members (Alvarez) vote on something that they are so naive to, that they are bringing up arguments that aren't even possible and/or relevant, release false hope to the supporters, and literally dare the NHL to move the team. I understand the priority of saving money, but whipping your dick out like this in negotiations? Nowhere near the proper way.

Old
RemoAZ
Stugots

Great now Weiers is playing chicken. Hope his shoe strings get caught and he can't jump off the tractor.

Closed Thread