HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If We Get Crosby ?

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2005, 05:05 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 500
If We Get Crosby ?

Probably not going to happen, but I would be up for trading him. If we got a high pick, a young defenseman, and another player, I would consider it. I am not a big fan of huge hype for players that have never played pro. Granted Crosby is special, I still would not sell our farm to trade for him. If we could fill 3 prospect needs for him ????????????? What do you guys think, I have a hard time with him being 5'10 and dominating. I know St. Louis is small, but he is only 1 guy .

Old
06-06-2005, 05:10 PM
mercury

Crosby is not nearly as small as St. Louis. TSN (I think) has measured him at 5'11", 190 lbs. Not a big guy by any stretch, but not a Recchi, St. Louis, Comrie sort of tiny guy. If bowled over by a trade offer, I would do it. It's fairly obvious that Bobby Clarke wants Bobby Ryan in this upcoming draft, and, if we got the #1 overall, I could see him trading it for the 2nd or 3rd overall, and taking as much as he can from those teams (blue chip prospect, young stud defenseman, etc.).

Old
06-06-2005, 05:17 PM
MojoJojo

I'm all for keeping our prospects and developing them before they are traded. Quality beats out quantity, and there is enough depth on this team to live without a big package deal. I wouldnt trade for a overhyped prospect, but I wouldnt trade one away just because he was overhyped either.

Old
06-06-2005, 05:27 PM
bennysflyers16

So here is a scenario ( We need a Big Young D'man ) We get 1st overall pick , Calgary gets 10th pick,

To Cgy - 1st pick (Crosby)
To Phi - 10 th pick, Phaneuf, and ?????

From the Flyers point of view, Do we do this ? We get our young D'man to go alongside Pitkanen and Cgy. gets there center ? I know on paper Crosby's potential far outweighs Phaneuf's, but both teams get what they need ?

Old
06-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
So here is a scenario ( We need a Big Young D'man ) We get 1st overall pick , Calgary gets 10th pick,

From the Flyers point of view, Do we do this ? We get our young D'man to go alongside Pitkanen and Cgy. gets there center ? I know on paper Crosby's potential far outweighs Phaneuf's, but both teams get what they need ?
IF this kid is as good as they say he will be, why in the world would you want to trade him? And to a team coming off a Finals run?

Old
06-06-2005, 05:34 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:

I guess Pahneuf is one of the only players it would make sense to trade for. Him and Lehtonen. Ovechkin and Malkin could be the cornerstones of such a trade, but really serve no purpose, just a lateral move. Theres always a trade proposal you could think of that would be worth it. I mean, if the ???? was Iginla or Regehr, you would be stupid to not make that trade. So of course it always depends, but such a trade scenario is at least as unlikely as the Flyers landing Crosby in the first place.

Old
06-06-2005, 05:37 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
IF this kid is as good as they say he will be, why in the world would you want to trade him? And to a team coming off a Finals run?

I would love to have Crosby, don't get me wrong. But we have quite a few young studs up front, wht not trade the so called second coming of christ to help our team where we need help. I know we would get more then what I suggested, but I saw Crosby play in the WJHC, and he sure as hell did not blow my socks off. Bergeron, Carter, Richards, Getzlaf all looked just as good. I know he was only 17, but give me 3 or 4 players for one, and you have to consider it.

Old
06-06-2005, 05:40 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
I would love to have Crosby, don't get me wrong. But we have quite a few young studs up front, wht not trade the so called second coming of christ to help our team where we need help.
This is terrible logic. Assuming that Carter, Richards, and Crosby all pan out, since the Flyers already have two centers, the best one should be traded? Ugh.

Quote:
I know we would get more then what I suggested, but I saw Crosby play in the WJHC, and he sure as hell did not blow my socks off.
Unless you're a professional scout, that means nothing to me.

Quote:
Bergeron, Carter, Richards, Getzlaf all looked just as good.
Older players outshining teenagers? Whoda thunk it.

Quote:
I know he was only 17, but give me 3 or 4 players for one, and you have to consider it.
But what team has 3 or 4 players that would make this deal worth it? You're not going to see a Lindros I/Hershel Walker trade again.

Old
06-06-2005, 05:44 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
This is terrible logic. Assuming that Carter, Richards, and Crosby all pan out, since the Flyers already have two centers, the best one should be traded? Ugh.

Unless you're a professional scout, that means nothing to me.

Older players outshining teenagers? Whoda thunk it.

But what team has 3 or 4 players that would make this deal worth it? You're not going to see a Lindros I/Hershel Walker trade again.

So your logic is to not to entertain offers ?????????
Older palyers outshining younger players ???????? He does it in his own leaugue, why not at the WJHC, better oponents, that's why. The pressures put on this kid are going to be hard to live up to, and I don't think he is the slam dunk people think. I remenber Daigle being the next Gretzky !!

I am not trying to start a fight, I am just saying you would be crazy to not consider trading him

Old
06-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
So your logic is to not to entertain offers ?????????
Ah, but that's not what you said. You said to trade Crosby since there's already Carter and Richards, and you made it seem like you have little interest in keeping him.

Quote:
Older palyers outshining younger players ???????? He does it in his own leaugue, why not at the WJHC, better oponents, that's why. The pressures put on this kid are going to be hard to live up to, and I don't think he is the slam dunk people think.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I merely commented that older elite prospects playing better than him is nothing to be surprized by. The kid is 17.

Quote:
I remenber Daigle being the next Gretzky !!
And I remember LeBron James, Mark Prior, Joe Thornton, Vincent LeCavalier, I hope you do too. I have no idea if Crosby will be the next Wayne Gretzky, the next Gord Kluzak, or the next Daigle. But neither do you. And I'm not about to start buying stamps to mail him out of town if I get the chance to have him.

Quote:
I am not trying to start a fight, I am just saying you would be crazy to not consider trading him
I never said I wouldn't consider it. I said your reasons for it were terrible.

Old
06-06-2005, 05:56 PM
mercury

I wanted the #2 overall, Kyle Calder, Cam Barker, and a 2nd rounder from Chicago in my scenario with the Flyers 1st overall. Blackhawks get the next NHL superstar for Bobby Ryan, a solid 26-year-old second line LW, a potential top 2 defenseman, and a 2nd rounder in a good draft. A Blackhawks fan decried this package, saying that that was the kind of deal it would take to go from #10 to #1. Fair enough. Maybe throw one other piece in with Crosby to even it out.

Old
06-06-2005, 06:40 PM
FlyerFire

I believe

I would try to trade.We have great forwards IMO.Defense I'd upgrade if possible.But its all mute because it won't happen.The Flyers have my luck-you know(buy a car and warranty runs out a day before it blows).

Old
06-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Do what we did with Roenick and convert him to right wing. A top line of Gagne-Carter-Crosby would kill everything.

Old
06-06-2005, 07:58 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
some team would have to offer Clarke a kings ransom for the rights to the #1 overall(or Crosby).I know he really likes Ryan and I'm sure there is one or two other prospects he really likes but if we were to land the #1 overall you keep it and take the next great impact player.

I couldn't imagine having Crosby, Carter, Richards & Handzus down the middle.

let's keep our fingers crossed!

Old
06-06-2005, 08:06 PM
RoDu

I'd try and **** a team in a trade for Crosby, just like we were when we got Lindros

Old
06-06-2005, 08:46 PM
GilbertDionneWasBad*

Wait in my general anger at hockey I haven't been following too closely... how on earth would the Flyers get the #1 overall pick?

Old
06-07-2005, 02:45 AM
mercury

Well, since there was no season, there can't be a traditional draft order. Thus, the NHL would be hashing how to order the 2005 draft after the CBA is settled. The most popular method seems to be a weighted lottery, with the number of lottery balls determined by a team's recent playoff history. Most scenarios have the Flyers having about a 1 out of 60 shot at Crosby. So, it is unlikely but not statistically insignificant.

Old
06-07-2005, 04:33 AM
PRB

I would love to see him come to Philly. As much as it is unlikely it would be great. Of course tehres always the option if you had him, carter and richards or moving one of them onto the wing for a few years. We'd have some older players to make way for that could help us get some nice draft picks to look into a D-man also. You'd see some of our veterans make way for youth and we could gain picks in doing that and go for the top d-man we wanted.

Getting a young energetic core at the team would be great to build on for years to come.

Old
06-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
I'd try and **** a team in a trade for Crosby, just like we were when we got Lindros

colarado since trade, 2 cups...
phlliy since trade, 0 cups...

yup, the flyers ****ed them alright

Old
06-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
By **** you mean give a bad team the parts they are missing to become a playoff team, right? Quebec/Colorado came out on top in that one in the end.

Old
06-07-2005, 07:57 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo
colarado since trade, 2 cups...
phlliy since trade, 0 cups...

yup, the flyers ****ed them alright

even the Rangers won a Cup, and they were willing to give up more talent.

Old
06-07-2005, 08:05 AM
frank4president

I completely agree with flyerfanofthe peg because I can actually read. It would be great if the Flyers could ra*e another team just like the Flyers themselve were ra*ed in the Lindros deal.

Old
06-07-2005, 08:09 AM
FearTheFlyers

Crosby for Phaneuf...That makes me want to puke.

A sensation for a goon.

Old
06-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank4president
I completely agree with flyerfanofthe peg because I can actually read. It would be great if the Flyers could ra*e another team just like the Flyers themselve were ra*ed in the Lindros deal.
D-oh. It's early. Maybe I should start drinking coffee...

Old
06-07-2005, 08:41 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Crosby for Phaneuf...That makes me want to puke.

A sensation for a goon.

Crosby for the big Physical gamebreaker on the blueline that we lack....sounds better if you're not on the "I hate Dion Phaneuf" bandwagon. You are soooo wrong with your assessment of this guy. I guess I'll just have to wait till he proves you wrong, although I guess it probably won't happen until he wins a Norris. Can anyone remember the last time a GOON went in the top 10 of a draft?

Closed Thread