HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Islanders interested in Ryan Miller

Old
06-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Summing up the thread: Sabres fans would like to move Vanek/Miller to the Isles for a bevy of prospects and picks.

Isles fan are, on whole, completely disinterested in either player given their contracts.

Sabres fans post iteration after iteration of Strome/Nino/Reinhart/1st rounder.

Isles fans show no interest.

Whaz the point? You guys want to move Vanek/Miller to get your rebuilding going, we have no interest in gutting youth for short-term fixes.

Not much else to discuss.
Quoting this so it's on the next page as well. Perfect summary.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:49 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I care not about Nino.
According to a very credible Staple , Snow cares nothing for high salaried, soon to be ufas.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Devereau

Quote:
Summing up the thread: Sabres fans would like to move Vanek/Miller to the Isles for a bevy of prospects and picks.

Isles fan are, on whole, completely disinterested in either player given their contracts.

Sabres fans post iteration after iteration of Strome/Nino/Reinhart/1st rounder.

Isles fans show no interest.

Whaz the point? You guys want to move Vanek/Miller to get your rebuilding going, we have no interest in gutting youth for short-term fixes.

Not much else to discuss.
It's not short term- Vanek is 29 and Miller is 31 I think. If they both go it's because they want to and the chances of resigning them are great. You guys must not realize how good these guys are because if I were the Isles with the team they have now I would be drooling at the chance of landing these 2 guys for basically nothing off your current roster. This is the way to win the cup IMO. I hope when the sabres get better they have the balls to make a deal like this and go for it all.

Devereau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devereau View Post
It's not short term- Vanek is 29 and Miller is 31 I think. If they both go it's because they want to and the chances of resigning them are great. You guys must not realize how good these guys are because if I were the Isles with the team they have now I would be drooling at the chance of landing these 2 guys for basically nothing off your current roster. This is the way to win the cup IMO. I hope when the sabres get better they have the balls to make a deal like this and go for it all.
It is short term. They're under contract for one more year each. They are impending UFAs.

Nobody knows if they will resign.

And, it is doubtful Isles could afford either, let alone both.

No sale.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Devereau

Quote:
It is short term. They're under contract for one more year each. They are impending UFAs.

No sale.
I'm not even talking about being able to afford them I'm talking about a good trade. If they want them bad enough they will figure out a way to pay them. And before you say they don't want them there is usually some kind of truth to the rumor and your gm might want them. You don't know.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Sabre the Win
Sabre Die Hard

Quote:

No sale.
Ummm cant afford them? According to capgeek you have $29,237,667 in cap space. You have a young team who made the playoffs. With Miller and Vanek your getting the pieces to excel you further into the playoffs WITHOUT hurting your current team.

Buffalo gets Strome and your 1st for Miller and Vanek? cmon really? you would turn that down? Also why wouldn't Miller want to play in New York? his wife could move to NY, a lot of actors and actresses live in NY.

Aren't you guys moving to Brooklyn anyhow?

Sabre the Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Devereau

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsPoe View Post
Ummm cant afford them? According to capgeek you have $29,237,667 in cap space. You have a young team who made the playoffs. With Miller and Vanek your getting the pieces to excel you further into the playoffs WITHOUT hurting your current team.

Buffalo gets Strome and your 1st for Miller and Vanek? cmon really? you would turn that down? Also why wouldn't Miller want to play in New York? his wife could move to NY, a lot of actors and actresses live in NY.

These guys seem to refuse to want to get better IMO.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:23 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
I'm not even talking about being able to afford them I'm talking about a good trade. If they want them bad enough they will figure out a way to pay them. And before you say they don't want them there is usually some kind of truth to the rumor and your gm might want them. You don't know.
Seems like the point of this thread was Sabres fans seeing if Isles fans were interested in Miller/Vanek.

You've got your answer.

If you want to go on believing it is going to happen, knock yourself out.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:

Strome is untouchable

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:26 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:

Having the cap space is great when you use it. The Isles are a cap floor team and will likely remain a cap floor team next season. They need to re-sign Hamonic, Bailey, and the rest of the RFA's. They obviously need to get a goalie or maybe 2. They'll still be right around the cap floor when those transactions are done.

The Isles are slated to move to Brooklyn in 2 years. There is quite a bit of talk about moving a year earlier so next season could potentially the final season at the NVMC.

As for your proposal, I'd turn it down with no hesitation.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:26 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Miller and Vanek have "no trade lists" like Pominville did, right?

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Devereau

Quote:
Seems like the point of this thread was Sabres fans seeing if Isles fans were interested in Miller/Vanek.

You've got your answer.

If you want to go on believing it is going to happen, knock yourself out.
I'm saying your GM might think differently.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Devereau

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
Just Miller as far I know.

Old
Sabre the Win
Sabre Die Hard

Miller/Vanek to Islanders
Buffalo retains 50% of their contract for one more years worth.

In return.

Strome, 2013 1st round pick and Okoposo

-----------

Why they would go to the Islanders and stay? You guys have a young team which made the playoffs. With their added help and the playoff experience that each of them have, why wouldn't they stay? You have the potential to be cup contenders your just missing the veteran leadership in Vanek and a goalie who can actually stop pucks each and every night. Vanek and Miller will go to the teams that are able to contend.

Sabre the Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Darth Milbury

Quote:

I understand that. And, I'm think you're wrong.

So, we can agree to disagree!

Old
06-28-2013, 05:31 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
So you know more about our team and GM than we do? Give it a rest.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:34 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
Just Miller. And his is only an 8 team NTC, meaning he can block a trade to 8 teams

Vanek has nothing

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Devereau

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
So you know more about our team and GM than we do? Give it a rest.
And I thought Pommer would get a first, second, and 2 prospects too.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Brooklanders*

Quote:

Strome won't be dealt

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:39 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
And I thought Pommer would get a first, second, and 2 prospects too.
What does that have to do with anything? Pommer didn't get that package from the Isles, did he? Plus, that was at the Trade Deadline. You're reaching for any possible angle at this point.

The Isles should have interest in Miller because he's a clear upgrade in net. If the price is too high, Snow will move on to the next option... of which there are several. Trying to find any possible way to try and fleece Snow is probably an exercise in futility. Snow is a hoarder and has no history of trading top prospects for vets since the Smyth trade.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything? Pommer didn't get that package from the Isles, did he? Plus, that was at the Trade Deadline. You're reaching for any possible angle at this point.

The Isles should have interest in Miller because he's a clear upgrade in net. If the price is too high, Snow will move on to the next option... of which there are several. Trying to find any possible way to try and fleece Snow is probably an exercise in futility. Snow is a hoarder and has no history of trading top prospects for vets since the Smyth trade.
I wouldn't say Nilsson was a top prospect either. The rumor at the time was that the Isles had offered the same package to St. Louis for Guerin and were declined. So, none of the guys they moved were highly regarded (unlike Strome etc).

Old
06-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Devereau

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Strome won't be dealt
probably not

Old
06-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Devereau

Quote:

Wow, do I have to explain everything. The point was I didn't think my GM would trade Pommer.

Old
06-28-2013, 05:51 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:

Isles have an internal cap. A few sources have indicated they expect the team will spend in the middle of the cap, not near the ceiling , after moving.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:54 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Miller would do well in NY with that team.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote