HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Islanders interested in Ryan Miller

Old
06-28-2013, 08:53 AM
26CornerBlitz

vCash: 500
Not sure what the compensation would be, but Miller would make the Isles a much more viable team with the ability to make a deep playoff run. If they had Miller instead of Nabokov against the Pens, they likely advance to the next round in this season's playoffs.

With a roster full of emerging players, the Isles are ready to be an Eastern Conference contender with the right netminder.

26CornerBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:54 AM
buffalocupcrazy*

hell, if the isles throw in okposo too, I'd offer to buy RDP for ya as well!

buffalocupcrazy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:55 AM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennisthemenace View Post
lol I think they mistook Miller's name for vanek's if they think that's going to be the return.

I'd offer both players at 50% salary retained if NYI send us the 15th overall, nino and strome.
By way they talked Strome is off limits. At least in terms of Miller. Vanek though ????

BrimStone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:56 AM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Couturier and 11 >>> Niederreiter and 15
That's why I said Niederreiter and the 15th+. Something else added to the package.

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:56 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Noway that happens but I'd kiss Darcys feet if it did.
for JUST one year of miller? No way. Offer that for Bobby Ryan, sure, but no way when there is a herd of goalies on the market.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:58 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
By way they talked Strome is off limits. At least in terms of Miller. Vanek though ????
1st, Okposo, Nino, Kabanov for Miller and Vanek?

Old
06-28-2013, 09:01 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
lol I think they mistook Miller's name for vanek's if they think that's going to be the return.

I'd offer both players at 50% salary retained if NYI send us the 15th overall, nino and strome.
It really doesn't matter if salary is retained, Garth Snow is not going to give up premium assets like that for 2 UFA's to be. Outside of their level of play on the ice, Strome has yet to start his ELC and Nino is on the last year of his. Not going to happen, sorry.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:02 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
1st, Okposo, Nino, Kabanov for Miller and Vanek?
Wow. I think as an Isles fan you almost have to do that. Okposo is the only roster player we'd lose and he'll be replaced by Vanek... Start trying to sign these guys as soon as we trade for them.

Edit: Make the 1st conditional on at least one of them resigning with the Isles, otherwise its a 2nd rounder.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:04 AM
SaintTavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Wow. I think as an Isles fan you almost have to do that. Okposo is the only roster player we'd lose and he'll be replaced by Vanek... Start trying to sign these guys as soon as we trade for them.
It's extremely tempting, but just watching Okposo in the playoffs last year makes me really hesitant to want to trade him. If we could replace KO with someone else, I think I would do that. Maybe a first, Nino, Kabanov, and a prospect like Sundstrom?

SaintTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:06 AM
buffalocupcrazy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
It really doesn't matter if salary is retained, Garth Snow is not going to give up premium assets like that for 2 UFA's to be. Outside of their level of play on the ice, Strome has yet to start his ELC and Nino is on the last year of his. Not going to happen, sorry.
what if they're willing to re-sign? I'd think miller would be highly interested in NYC due to his wife's career and the fact that no California teams need a goalie right now.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:08 AM
buffalocupcrazy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
It's extremely tempting, but just watching Okposo in the playoffs last year makes me really hesitant to want to trade him. If we could replace KO with someone else, I think I would do that. Maybe a first, Nino, Kabanov, and a prospect like Sundstrom?
you're not getting vanek for less than what minny gave us for pommer, let alone throwing in miller. if you want them both, BUF will retain the max 50% AND I'd go as far as to offer to buy RDP out but the deal has to be nino, strome, 15th and a 2nd rounder. essentially it's strome/nino/15th for vanek and a 2nd for miller

Old
06-28-2013, 09:09 AM
cybresabre
Mad Magazine Scoutin

vCash: 751
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Noway that happens but I'd kiss Darcys feet if it did.
If he could pull that off I'd be afraid to get close enough to kiss his feet--I...I'm not sure what he would be able to convince me to do.

must...kill...the malaysian...prime...minister

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I imagine the Isles are interested, but at what cost? I haven't listened to the GR podcast. I can only imagine the moments in it are the usual ones.

06-28-2013, 09:13 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
you're not getting vanek for less than what minny gave us for pommer, let alone throwing in miller. if you want them both, BUF will retain the max 50% AND I'd go as far as to offer to buy RDP out but the deal has to be nino, strome, 15th and a 2nd rounder. essentially it's strome/nino/15th for vanek and a 2nd for miller
Please, enough of the whole buying out DP for us fantasy. We've gotten enough of it from Vancouver and Toronto fans already.

How does a rumor of the Isles interested in Miller get expanded to include Vanek and DP? Pump the brakes and stay on topic.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:22 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
It's extremely tempting, but just watching Okposo in the playoffs last year makes me really hesitant to want to trade him.
While i understand it making you hesitant, we would be selling high on KO. He played great the second half and playoffs, but he has had nice second halfs before. Vanek gives us a top flight winger for JT. You move our 2nd line wing for a star winger. I would change Kabanov to something of more value, but not anyone of the top prospects. The best i would do is:

15, Okposo, Nino, de Haan. Strome isnt on the table for this one unless Miller is signed and traded...maybe.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Beerz

Vanek with JT would be a 40+ Goal scorer...

Lethal.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
SaintTavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
While i understand it making you hesitant, we would be selling high on KO. He played great the second half and playoffs, but he has had nice second halfs before. Vanek gives us a top flight winger for JT. You move our 2nd line wing for a star winger. I would change Kabanov to something of more value, but not anyone of the top prospects. The best i would do is:

15, Okposo, Nino, de Haan. Strome isnt on the table for this one unless Miller is signed and traded...maybe.
So based on this, our projected lineup would be (just a rough take)

Moulson/Bailey-Tavares-Vanek
Bailey/Moulson-Nielsen-Strome
Lee-Nelson-Grabner
Martin-Czikas-McDonald

Hamonic-MacDonald
Visnovsky-Donovan
Carkner/Hickey/Strait

Miller
Poulin

I think I could be cool with that, maybe add a bottom 6 winger or top 4 defensemen.

SaintTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:30 AM
CodeE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post
If he could pull that off I'd be afraid to get close enough to kiss his feet--I...I'm not sure what he would be able to convince me to do.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I could see us moving Bailey, Kabanov, DeHaan, Mayfield plus a conditional 1st (gotta make it conditional so if Miller refuses to resign it doesn't sting as much) for Miller.

If he had a longer contract and was playing like he used to, I'd give more. But looking at his stats, I notice last year was perhaps his worst as a starter: 17-17 (in all previous seasons he had more wins than losses), no shutouts, and a 2.81 GAA.

I'd still be interested in Miller but some guy calling in to a Buffalo radio station is only a teeny bit more reliable than a Buffalo fan making a hfboards trade proposal. If someone legitimate without a regional-specific agenda (one of the TSN or other national news organization guys) were to float out that rumor, it'd be a different story.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:31 AM
Beerz

Quote:
So based on this, our projected lineup would be (just a rough take)

Moulson/Bailey-Tavares-Vanek
Bailey/Moulson-Nielsen-Strome
Lee-Nelson-Grabner
Martin-Czikas-McDonald

Hamonic-MacDonald
Visnovsky-Donovan
Carkner/Hickey/Strait

Miller
Poulin

I think I could be cool with that, maybe add a bottom 6 winger or top 4 defensemen.

Finley made no strides last year? Bummer... was rooting for him.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:33 AM
DPSNAGS

Okposo and strome aint going anywhere IMO...I see garth offering Nino, 1st and a prospect or roster player...Okposo was a huge reason why we played as well as we did against pitt. Garth is also extremely high on Strome and i dont see him budging there....Nino and that 1st is definitely on the table

DPSNAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:34 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Vanek with JT would be a 40+ Goal scorer...

Lethal.
More like 50+

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CodeE

Quote:
He was definitely outplayed by our other two waiver wire dman pickups, Hickey & Strait. If anyone's getting waived at the start of the year, it's Finley.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
He wasn't very impressive and thus rode the pine the rest of the season when the Isles started their run. Depending on what happens, he's a very likely candidate to be waived for the purpose of sending him down the AHL next season if he doesn't pick it up. I'm not sure if he'll even get a chance at the NHL level with a numbers game starting to shape up.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Darth Milbury

Arthur Staple who is a good source, as far as any source can be with Snow, tweets that they were out of the Bernier sweepstakes because they are unwilling to surrender picks and prospects in any deal. He doesn't believe the Isles are open to giving up anything of substance for a goalie.

The Vanek stuff is to silly to warrant discussion.

Sounds like a bit of speculaion by some local media types

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybresabre View Post

Darcy Regier has won virtually every trade he's made over the past decade. To think he would get anything less than top value for guys like Miller and Vanek is shenanigans.

His ability to manage a roster and organization are a different story, but the man is the NHL's great wizard when it comes to trades.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote