HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Open Letter to Boston from the Blackhawks Organization.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Hawkyfan99

vCash: 500
Open Letter to Boston from the Blackhawks Organization.

ChicagoTribune.com

Quote:
The letter concludes with a reference to the Boston Marathon bombings:
"Like the rest of the world, Chicagoans have been reminded in recent days of Boston's strength. Please know we tip our hat to your city's big heart and gracious spirit. You lead by example and have set the bar very high for others to follow."
Good on ya, Blackhawks Organization.

Hawkyfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:41 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Ugh, classy I suppose? Though if I was a Hawks fan I couldn't care less, but that's just me.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Hawkyfan99

I think it's cool, and represents part of what is RIGHT with hockey. It's awesome that Boston treated opposing fans so well, and it's cool of the 'Hawks to recognize that.

Last edited by TMI: 06-28-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: hearsay
Old
06-28-2013, 09:47 AM
dtam83

it's a matter of mutual respect for each others fans, organization, and values. this is the reason I was shocked and sad when we lost, but ultimately was happy for the Hawks and Chicago for winning. this just further reinforces that feeling that we just happened to lose to a better team this year that didn't need to use classless tactics to gain a competitive advantage

dtam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:53 AM
stingo

Classy move by Rocky Wirtz.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:55 AM
wsoxfan1214

Classy. Glad they took one out. I love the people in charge of this organization.

wsoxfan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:03 AM
SuicideCamel

Classy move from a classy organization. The mutual respect by both teams was quite evident throughout the series.

SuicideCamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:35 AM
santiclaws

Chicago Blackhawks with a really classy move? Don't they know class has been out of style for years now? Trash is in!! The ad should have said **** you! Get with the times, Hawks!

santiclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Hawkyfan99

Dollar Bill left a hell of a lot of hurdles for Rocky to overcome. Now that he has, it seems that he's interested in setting the bar the other way.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:03 AM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

That sentiment is echoed by the rest of the city. This whole series people were calling in on the radio saying what a great time they had at TD and how the Boston fans treated them really well and they were able to actually enjoy themselves.

Boston has always been my favorite team out East and that was mostly because of the on ice product but they're a great example of how an organization should be run and it trickles all the way down to the fanbase as well.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:28 AM
dlocal

Chicago has always been classy. I remember fininshing up boot camp at Great Lakes and a bunch of us heading down to Chicago. We decided to party at a club called Excalibur. People in the club were buying us drinks left and right. Treated us all with class. Glad the Hawks got the cup.

dlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:50 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Discuss the letter and topic if you wish, but don't take this OT and put down/flame fanbases.

"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:02 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Discuss the letter and topic if you wish, but don't take this OT and put down/flame fanbases.
Good on them.
Hard to hate the Hawks, unless you are the Wings or Blues I reckon.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:04 PM
BoyntBergie

As a Bruins fan who made the trek to Chicago for game 2, I'd like to say right back at you to the city, the fans, and by extension the team (who as much pain you put me in Monday night, I have to respect and admire).

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:09 PM
InvalidUsername

Very classy move by the Hawks.

And well deserved by the Bruins and their fans.

Both organizations have a lot to be proud of for the way they battled on the ice and handled themselves. And there seems to be lots of mutual respect from both fan bases.

#greatseries

InvalidUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:28 PM
periferal

I'm not a Hawks fan, but from what I know this is just another example of how OWNERSHIP IS EVERYTHING.

Bill Wirtz runs the team trying to profit off everything and doesn't sniff the Cup. Rocky comes in and now has two Stanley Cups and is thanking other teams' fans.

Just amazing.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Hawkyfan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
Can you quote your source of said actual Philly fans urinating on opposing fans? I'm serious. That's a pretty stark allegation to throw out there. Care to provide source?
I was looking for it this morning, actually. And I haven't found it yet. Admittedly, I haven't spent hours looking for it, though. Not exactly something that's coming up quickly in Google, though I've found loose references to it for other sports in message boards.

Would people generally consider Philly a welcoming arena for visiting fans, though?

Old
06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
dspbathroom

It is great that the fans at TD Garden treated the 'Hawks fans well. It's nice that they tried to create a hostile environment against the 'Hawks players, but acted kindly and civilly with visiting fans. Everyone is there to enjoy the game after all. Good on Boston and Good on Chicago for recognizing and appreciating good sportsmanship.

dspbathroom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
I'm not a Hawks fan, but from what I know this is just another example of how OWNERSHIP IS EVERYTHING.

Bill Wirtz runs the team trying to profit off everything and doesn't sniff the Cup. Rocky comes in and now has two Stanley Cups and is thanking other teams' fans.

Just amazing.
It really does all start at the top. Well done, Mr. Wirtz.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:06 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Gestures like this are the reason why I never had any ill will towards the Blackhawks before, during and after the series. If any team were to beat my Bruins, I'm glad it was a classy organization from top to bottom in the Chicago Blackhawks.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Behn Wilson

For whatever reason there has always been a certain kinship between Chicago & Boston as cities and it extends to the sports teams.

There was not the same mutual respect when we play Philadelphia for some reason, part of it might have been that Hawk fans have a fairly strong hatred for Pronger which might have had something to do with it.

Honestly I had no animosity toward any of the Bruin players. When things werent going well and it looked like we had a chance to lose I was thinking at least its to The Bruins and this was a great series either way.

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:25 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post
For whatever reason there has always been a certain kinship between Chicago & Boston as cities and it extends to the sports teams.

There was not the same mutual respect when we play Philadelphia for some reason, part of it might have been that Hawk fans have a fairly strong hatred for Pronger which might have had something to do with it.

Honestly I had no animosity toward any of the Bruin players. When things werent going well and it looked like we had a chance to lose I was thinking at least its to The Bruins and this was a great series either way.
Same political ideologies and appreciation for higher education.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Pilky01
@JamesD_TO

A little over the top and morose for my taste, but society seems to like this stuff. I am always uncomfortable with the amount of patriotism and "do it for x, y or z" attitudes being used as a narrative in sports.

Pilky01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:38 PM
The Big Unit

Great move by the Blackhawks! In today's me first society it's great to see a gracious winner.

The Big Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 05:44 PM
DigitalSea
#50in15

Just another reason why I love this sport.

DigitalSea is offline   Reply With Quote