HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Bergevin has been sniffing around to see what he can get for Plekanec"

Old
06-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
DD for a pick. Move on. Enough of the small experiment
Yes, please. Small with heart - Gallagher- is fine. But DD?

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 09:56 AM
HatTricK09

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Yes, please. Small with heart - Gallegher - is fine. But DD?
Gallagher plays like he's 6'6".

HatTricK09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:28 AM
RC51

Pleks is known throughout the league. Most other GM's rate Pleks as one of the best 2nd centers in the League Good offense and a great defense player. Is a good contract also. For sure some GM's would make a good offer to MB. Nobody is getting a huge overpayment but Pleks true value to some teams is quite high. An early 2nd this year and a big good winger enforcer that "CAN" score. This would free up more cap space for MB. Maybe enough to beat any offer for Vinny.

I think P. Roy has seen Pleks a lot and would value him on the Avs. Avs 2nd round ( 32 ) + player or 3rd rounder ( 63 )

Last edited by RC51: 06-29-2013 at 11:41 AM.
RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
I am ready to divorce Pleks...

Time to move on. He is a great player but I would like to see someone new in his spot....

Especially after 10 years.
He has only played 8 full seasons, but has been the team's leading scorer twice, and their most important forward for much longer than that, but it's HIM you're ready to divorce? lol.

But seriously, why does he have to be completely removed from the situation in order to put "someone new in his spot"? The logic borders on painful to contemplate.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:42 AM
WestIslander

If we can get a young player and 1st round draft pick for Plekanec or trade him with 25th overall to get a top 5 to 7 picks, I would do it.

Future top two centres:

Galchenyuk
Eller

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
If we can get a young player and 1st round draft pick for Plekanec or trade him with 25th overall to get a top 5 to 7 picks, I would do it.

Future top two centres:

Galchenyuk
Eller
This sounds more like it. I'd trade Plekanec for Danault and the 30th overall.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Ginu

Plekanec for Paajarvi and 7th overall?

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Plekanec for Paajarvi and 7th overall?
Wow...no.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:36 PM
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post

I think P. Roy has seen Pleks a lot and would value him on the Avs. Avs 2nd round ( 32 ) + player or 3rd rounder ( 63 )

you are kidding right? why the hell would we get RID of T Pleks for a 2nd and a 3rd????? If we are to trade him, we must upgrade, not gamble on the possibility of getting a decent player 2-3-4-5 years down the line. Stop playing NHL 13.

Ottawa Sun...enough said. Plekanec ain't going anywhere. Best 2nd center in the league. Retiring as a Habs

attachetatuque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:41 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Pleks is known throughout the league. Most other GM's rate Pleks as one of the best 2nd centers in the League Good offense and a great defense player. Is a good contract also. For sure some GM's would make a good offer to MB. Nobody is getting a huge overpayment but Pleks true value to some teams is quite high. An early 2nd this year and a big good winger enforcer that "CAN" score. This would free up more cap space for MB. Maybe enough to beat any offer for Vinny.

Are you for real? A 2nd rounder + a 3rd for the most important forward on our team?

Give your head a shake.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Habs13

Sign Lecavalier, trade Plekanec for a big, robust scoring winger... where do I sign up? Ship off Desharnais, too, please. Habs have need size down the middle for years now, so adding Leacavalier to play with Eller, Gally and White would be sick.

Plekanec is a good player, but far too soft... I'd move him for a guy like J.Neal, C.Perry, G.Stewart etc.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:50 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Sign Lecavalier, trade Plekanec for a big, robust scoring winger... where do I sign up? Ship off Desharnais, too, please. Habs have need size down the middle for years now, so adding Leacavalier to play with Eller, Gally and White would be sick.

Plekanec is a good player, but far too soft... I'd move him for a guy like J.Neal, C.Perry, G.Stewart etc.
I'm in this boat too.

Plekanec has been great for us but if the right offer comes up to prop up other areas of the team I wouldn't hesitate to trade him. Especially if we win the Lecavalier sweepstakes, it'll just make him that much more expendable.

Trading DD might be a more "logical" move, but simply put the league just values Plekanec more and he will fetch us more of an asset we can use immediately.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Andy

Quote:

Chris Stewart for Thomas Plekanec? Are you serious. Oh lord.

Why the hell would Pittsburgh trade Neal for Plekanec...same with Anaheim.

You guys are dreaming in technicolor.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:57 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Chris Stewart for Thomas Plekanec? Are you serious. Oh lord.

Why the hell would Pittsburgh trade Neal for Plekanec...same with Anaheim.

You guys are dreaming in technicolor.
"...for a player like...", not necessarily any of those guys.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:00 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
He has only played 8 full seasons, but has been the team's leading scorer twice, and their most important forward for much longer than that, but it's HIM you're ready to divorce? lol.

But seriously, why does he have to be completely removed from the situation in order to put "someone new in his spot"? The logic borders on painful to contemplate.
Which spot, the #1 offensive center spot? We have Galchenyuk for that, in less than a year I predict.

For the #1 DEFENSIVE center spot? Who is available that is better?

Quote:

The C position requires guys who are nimble and can turn on a dime. Pleks qualifies, and so do most of the middle-sized guys. The big guys like Vinny and even Mario Lemieux don't. That's why it's the smaller ones (not tiny, just not too big either) that make great defensive centremen. See Plekanec, Jarvis, Carbonneau, Lemaire.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Plekanec has been great for us but if the right offer comes up to prop up other areas of the team I wouldn't hesitate to trade him. Especially if we win the Lecavalier sweepstakes, it'll just make him that much more expendable.
This is so backwards. "WINNING" the Lecavalier sweepstakes would be him going to a team that contends with us. Let him drag down THEIR team, not ours.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 06-29-2013 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Merge
BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:09 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:

Plekanec is worth at least a 1st rounder, even in this draft.

L4br3cqu3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Trembs
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
Plekanec is worth at least a 1st rounder, even in this draft.
Hands down!!!

Trembs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Ginu

I'd prefer to keep Pleks for another year and give Chucky another year on the wing with Eller. Deal Plekanec at the deadline for a big return and shift him to center then.

Trade DD no matter what though.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:20 PM
ChoseLa

The Blues are desperatly looking for a first line center, they also want to get rid of Perron or Stewart.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Which spot, the #1 offensive center spot? We have Galchenyuk for that, in less than a year I predict.
I don't think any team would bother defining "#1" on a team that featured Plekanec AND Lecavalier, for example. As for Galchenyuk, though, the Habs have far less than a year to be sure that's what he should be doing. Firstly, they have to ice an opening day roster, which is obviously just the off season away. Secondly, they aren't able to make any moves past the ~ March trade deadline (which is only 8/9 months away), which means it would be "exactly" one year later before we're able to have this discussion again.

I don't think Galch. proved he's ready for that yet, and I sincerely doubt he proves it by the time next season's trade deadline comes around. As a matter of fact, I could see him becoming Montreal's #1 LW, and Max Pac doing very well with however ends up beside him on line #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
For the #1 DEFENSIVE center spot? Who is available that is better?
Who is "better" is a nebulous question. Even if someone is filling that role and handling no less than #2 even strength responsibilities along the way, you'll always have the element of salary/cap hit for comparison. It's pretty hard to imagine a team's "#1 defensive centre" in today's game relegated to a tertiary role among centres, though, meaning even a price tag of $5 million isn't enough of an excuse to go shopping elsewhere, imo...

... depending on what other GMs are willing to chuck back, of course.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:37 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I'd prefer to keep Pleks for another year and give Chucky another year on the wing with Eller. Deal Plekanec at the deadline for a big return and shift him to center then.

Trade DD no matter what though.
Absolutely. He's part of the problem, not of the solution.

L4br3cqu3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Yes, please. Small with heart - Gallagher- is fine. But DD?
It's not heart, it's strength and balance.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
No, but we can expect to rely on them. Building for the future, dealing with potentials and expectations is our only real hope of building a contending team IMO. There are risks but it's the only way to get above where we are now (unless we want to be bottom feeders and rely on high picks for several years). We only have so many assets, we need to improve on those assets if we want to get anywhere.
I understand that, but there's no need to move him now, or this year.
We're also not in a rebuild from scratch mode.

We have a solid goalie, a norris trophy winner, arguably the best PP QB in the league, one of the best two way centers in the league, if Galchenyuk becomes a legit #1 center, things are looking pretty darn solid.
No need to trade Plek for picks or young prospects.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Galchenyuk27
Fire Therrien

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Sign Lecavalier, trade Plekanec in some sort of a deal for Perron. Trade Desharnais for whatever. That frees up cap space we can use to try and sign a guy like Clarkson. Adding some toughness with Clarkson and having centers of Lecavalier, Eller, Galchenyuk, and White sounds awfully good to me.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:01 PM
schwartzy

I like clarkson too. but the habs already have that kind of player, clarkson has a little more scoring upside than prust. but I agree a little toughness with scoring upside is needed.

stewart would be a great fit. so would clowe...both would be great.

speaking of clowe, where do people think he'll end-up?

schwartzy is offline   Reply With Quote