HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Flyers talking to St. Louis About Halak

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2013, 04:08 PM
  #76
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Good point haha, hold on. And this is without David Perron, due to trade rumor and he is the highest trade bait for the Blues.

Jaden Schwartz - David Backes- Vladimir Tarasenko

Chris Stewart- Patrik Berglund- Alex Steen

Matt Read- Vladimir Sobotka- T.J. Oshie

Adam Cracknell- Chris Porter- Ryan Reaves
Yeah we also Have Rattie and Jaskin who may fight for a spot this season. Read is still not needed....

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:10 PM
  #77
MSSLYNX
Registered User
 
MSSLYNX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Last time i had a long look at Halak was in the 2010 playoffs and that did not go well at all.

Got injured since. That doesnt help.

If Read's number have to be deflated because of Hitch then what do we do with Halak's numbers?

MSSLYNX is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:10 PM
  #78
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..
 
Nothing As It Seems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
It's clear you're upset that people keep bringing up Matt Read in trade proposals because you personally don't think he's that good. How about not reading proposals involving the Flyers?
I like Matt Read just fine. My unbiased view of him is that he's being overvalued in many proposals. I actually don't read any "proposal" threads because they're mostly nonsense, but the threads that have a source and are labeled "rumor" pique my interest as a hockey fan and my desire to stay abreast of what may be going on in the league. Not reading any proposal involving the Flyers would exclude me from viewing threads involving other players (if you guys ever considered trading anyone other than Read) and would be counter to the fact that I am a hockey fan first and foremost. Moreover, Read's name will make it into plenty of threads that have nothing to do with Philly at the onset; someone says Gardiner or Phaneuf may be available, Read is offered. Someone says Miller is being talked about by the Islanders and it's followed by a Flyers fan who will offer Read for Miller. I have no problem, generally speaking, with Matt Read. I like him fine; he's a solid player. I am discussing his accurate valuation... on a discussion board. The horror.

Nothing As It Seems is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:11 PM
  #79
SherVaughn30
Registered User
 
SherVaughn30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Halak would be an outstanding fit in Philly. He lets pressure roll right off his back. The Blues need to find a way to keep him though.
Halak is average and he would be a horrible fit behind the Flyers defense. Blues are better moving forward with Elliot and Allen. Yeah, Halak does let pressure roll right off his back, that is the pressure of the puck rolling of his back and into the net!

SherVaughn30 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:13 PM
  #80
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..
 
Nothing As It Seems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 11,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Good point haha, hold on. And this is without David Perron, due to trade rumor and he is the highest trade bait for the Blues.

Jaden Schwartz - David Backes- Vladimir Tarasenko

Chris Stewart- Patrik Berglund- Alex Steen

Matt Read- Vladimir Sobotka- T.J. Oshie

Adam Cracknell- Chris Porter- Ryan Reaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Yeah we also Have Rattie and Jaskin who may fight for a spot this season. Read is still not needed....
Plus you'd probably want something back for Perron if you're going to take him out of the lineup, no? You seem pretty set on defense.

Nothing As It Seems is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:15 PM
  #81
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherVaughn30 View Post
There lies the goaltending problem of the Flyers. They don't put any high regard for goaltending.
Snider never did. He always thought you could load the roster and spend cheap in the net. After the horrible goal by Leighton in the SCF that thinking changed dramatically. Even though we botched the job on the Bryz contract and situation more assets are being put into finding the reliable option. Drafting Stolarz was the step in the right direction but drafting one isn't enough. They still need to continue to draft more in the mid to later rounds of the draft.

Alchemy is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:16 PM
  #82
GrindNMuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Yeah we also Have Rattie and Jaskin who may fight for a spot this season. Read is still not needed....
Andy McDonald retired, Jamie Langenbrunner is.. just done. So you never know, they could take a shot at Read. He's better then a lot of Blue players.

GrindNMuck is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:16 PM
  #83
YOUR FEARLESS LEADER
rip bruv/cudi
 
YOUR FEARLESS LEADER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: stl
Country: Finland
Posts: 53,955
vCash: 500
I don't understand how people can think the Blues would be good with Elliott/Allen

YOUR FEARLESS LEADER is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:17 PM
  #84
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Plus you'd probably want something back for Perron if you're going to take him out of the lineup, no? You seem pretty set on defense.
Yes we'd want a center back if we move Perron. Our defense is set for the most part the only question is who plays bottom pairing LH dman out of Russell, Cole or Leopold gets resigned.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:17 PM
  #85
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 13,045
vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Andy McDonald retired, Jamie Langenbrunner is.. just done. So you never know, they could take a shot at Read. He's better then a lot of Blue players.
Langenbrunner missed the entire season and wasn't missed. He had no place on this team, and was replaced easily by Porter and Cracknell. McDonald is replaced by Tarasenko.

Unless someone is getting moved, there isn't a need for Read.

Alklha is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:17 PM
  #86
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I like Matt Read just fine. My unbiased view of him is that he's being overvalued in many proposals. I actually don't read any "proposal" threads because they're mostly nonsense, but the threads that have a source and are labeled "rumor" pique my interest as a hockey fan and my desire to stay abreast of what may be going on in the league. Not reading any proposal involving the Flyers would exclude me from viewing threads involving other players (if you guys ever considered trading anyone other than Read) and would be counter to the fact that I am a hockey fan first and foremost. Moreover, Read's name will make it into plenty of threads that have nothing to do with Philly at the onset; someone says Gardiner or Phaneuf may be available, Read is offered. Someone says Miller is being talked about by the Islanders and it's followed by a Flyers fan who will offer Read for Miller. I have no problem, generally speaking, with Matt Read. I like him fine; he's a solid player. I am discussing his accurate valuation... on a discussion board. The horror.
Well there's your problem right there. You can't get over yourself long enough to realize that your evaluation of Read isn't the end all be all opinion. It's just that... your opinion.

You won't find may fans proclaiming Read as the next 40 goal scorer in the NHL, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't hold at least some high level of value to almost every team in the league. He's an excellent complimentary player who can fit anywhere in a lineup and in any role.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:18 PM
  #87
Fire Shero*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 500
haha it might be easier to make threads about which goalies the flyers are not interested in.

Fire Shero* is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:19 PM
  #88
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,469
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
I don't understand how people can think the Blues would be good with Elliott/Allen
Me neither, it's bizarre.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:19 PM
  #89
Thallis
#FREERATTIE
 
Thallis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Behind Blue Eyes
Country: United States
Posts: 5,103
vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
I don't understand how people can think the Blues would be good with Elliott/Allen
Because the defense is good enough that it doesn't matter. Halak has been hurt enough that it was basically Elliott/Allen last year anyways. Halak to Elliott is not the difference between contending for a cup.

Thallis is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:19 PM
  #90
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
Andy McDonald retired, Jamie Langenbrunner is.. just done. So you never know, they could take a shot at Read. He's better then a lot of Blue players.
Read is actually better then none of our top 9 wingers at best he is equal to them. Langenbrunner didn't add anything last season to be honest neither did McDonald they really are not loses at all.

If Read is so great keep him.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:20 PM
  #91
YOUR FEARLESS LEADER
rip bruv/cudi
 
YOUR FEARLESS LEADER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: stl
Country: Finland
Posts: 53,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Because the defense is good enough that it doesn't matter. Halak has been hurt enough that it was basically Elliott/Allen last year anyways. Halak to Elliott is not the difference between contending for a cup.
There is no way Elliott and Allen could hold up an entire year

YOUR FEARLESS LEADER is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
  #92
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
There is no way Elliott and Allen could hold up an entire year
Why do you say that? Allen and Elliott could easily split time and form a very good duo. You seem to act like Halak added something this season for us.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
  #93
SirPaste
#HitchGonnaHitch
 
SirPaste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: STL
Posts: 12,902
vCash: 50
You forgot about Tarasenko and we have Rattie and Jaskin knocking on the door as well. There is just no need for Read.

SirPaste is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:23 PM
  #94
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,441
vCash: 500
Lost in all of this is the fact that the Flyers shouldn't be trading a forward anyway. Who are they going to replace Read with... McGinn, Cousins, Raffl? None of those guys have even played 25 games at the NHL level. If anything, the Flyers need another top nine winger, and that's under the assumption that they're resigning Gagne. If not, they need two.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:39 PM
  #95
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex
 
TheOrganist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,227
vCash: 500
How highly is Laughton thought of by Philly management? Legitimate target or is he likely closer to untouchable?

TheOrganist is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:42 PM
  #96
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
How highly is Laughton thought of by Philly management? Legitimate target or is he likely closer to untouchable?
I'm sure he's expendable since Schenn, Giroux, and Couturier play center already.

BrindamoursNose is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:42 PM
  #97
Stranger Danger
the
 
Stranger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Inner Space
Country: United States
Posts: 2,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
How highly is Laughton thought of by Philly management? Legitimate target or is he likely closer to untouchable?
Not untouchable, but only because of how redundant he is on this team. With all of the C's in front of him, one of them will be moved.

Stranger Danger is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:44 PM
  #98
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex
 
TheOrganist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I'm sure he's expendable since Schenn, Giroux, and Couturier play center already.
That's what I thought.

What would Philly fans think of something built around Halak for Laughton?

TheOrganist is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:44 PM
  #99
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,469
vCash: 50
Here's the thing with Halak. There is friction between him and the team over not playing him in the playoffs. He was hurt most of last year. The few games he did play didn't go that well (but neither did they for the other two goalies they have). He's worth a lot more than he will get. Perfect trade target.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 04:45 PM
  #100
MSSLYNX
Registered User
 
MSSLYNX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
How highly is Laughton thought of by Philly management? Legitimate target or is he likely closer to untouchable?
I'd say a target because of the traffic at center but he is developing nicely.

MSSLYNX is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.