HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.

USPHL 2013-14 Season Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2013, 02:06 PM
  #1
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
USPHL 2013-14 Season Thread

USPHL 2013-14 Season Thread


Last edited by JB51Hockey: 08-02-2013 at 09:12 PM.
JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 06:21 PM
  #2
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
USPHL 2013-14 Season Thread

You should differentiate between premier and elite junior teams. Other wise looking good

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 11:40 AM
  #3
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
IHCs Summer showdown was this weekend. I believe most of the Premier teams were there aside from the Hitmen. Did anyone get to catch some games? How was it looking

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2013, 10:23 AM
  #4
angus94
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Any chance that the showcases this weekend will be broadcast by fast hockey?

angus94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:49 PM
  #5
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus94 View Post
Any chance that the showcases this weekend will be broadcast by fast hockey?
Sorry about the late reply. But yes they were broadcasted on FastHockey.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:51 PM
  #6
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
Islanders Hockey Club beats the Jersey Hitmen (White) 1-0 to win the tournament in the last EJHL Summer Showcase ever!
http://www.easternjunior.com/game/show/5412463

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:11 AM
  #7
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
Islanders Hockey Club beats the Jersey Hitmen (White) 1-0 to win the tournament in the last EJHL Summer Showcase ever!
http://www.easternjunior.com/game/show/5412463
Not surprised. They were the only team that didnt have their players split up this weekend. I find it surprising that they only beat the Hitmen by one goal considering both the hitmen teams were evenly split from what the scores indicate.

I heard IHC looked like **** at the summer showdown, getting blown out a few games.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:29 AM
  #8
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Not surprised. They were the only team that didnt have their players split up this weekend. I find it surprising that they only beat the Hitmen by one goal considering both the hitmen teams were evenly split from what the scores indicate.

I heard IHC looked like **** at the summer showdown, getting blown out a few games.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a completely different squad. I don't know if there are any teams with rosters set yet.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:15 AM
  #9
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if it was a completely different squad. I don't know if there are any teams with rosters set yet.
The rosters that were listed last weekend had the players team for the upcoming year listed next to their names.

SSK
PAL Jr Islanders
Clearbridge (Team was split but mostly JR Flyers Elite and college players, was short alot of players on each team.)
Jr Bruins (mostly team plus some USHL players)
And PJP had their full rosters for the most part.

The other two teams were either split in half (having 2 teams) or missing a majority of their roster from the upcoming season.

I guess what I'm getting at is the competition was probably better at this tournament than the EJ showcase last weekend.

Sure players will be added here and there, but the rosters are alot more set than most people believe. Alot of teams just don't want to show what they have before the season starts.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 10:24 AM
  #10
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
USPHL Announces 2013-14 Schedules

Quote:
@USPHLProspects: USPHL Announces Premier, U18, U16 Schedules http://dlvr.it/3lP8tr

#USPHL
Quote:
Some final scheduling issues are still being worked out, but it looks like the first Premier Division USPHL game will take place Saturday, September 14, as the Portland Jr. Pirates host the South Shore Kings at the MHG Ice Center in Saco, Maine.

All 9 Premier teams will play a grueling 48-game scheduling starting around Labor Day Weekend and concluding the weekend of February 23.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 11:47 AM
  #11
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
Empire and Elite schedules announced:

http://usphlprospects.blogspot.com/2...schedules.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 07:25 PM
  #12
Oak
Hockey fan
 
Oak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 50
Jeben, can you explain the difference between premier, empire, and elite? Like what existing league would each class compare to? Not sure why they did this.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 03:03 AM
  #13
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
And how about Euro players?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 09:06 AM
  #14
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardacus View Post
Jeben, can you explain the difference between premier, empire, and elite? Like what existing league would each class compare to? Not sure why they did this.
Premier is going to be a new class of league. The founding teams wanted to be a major-junior style league with players still maintaining their college eligibility. It's too early to tell, but I would compare this talent to the USHL as most teams have players with QMJHL, OHL, USHL or NAHL experience. It's hard to say about the Elite Division. It is supposedly the same league as the EJ but I believe most EJ players moved to Premier. And with Elite now containing northern and southern teams, some games could be ugly. Would Portland's 2nd team be as good as Rochester's top team? Empire is the same as last season, Jr B with both other jr league being A. I'd say
USPHL A
Elite C+
Empire D

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
And how about Euro players?
Not sure of any Euros yet until rosters are posted.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:35 AM
  #15
end2endrush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
How does the newly formed EHL fit into the mix here? I understand theres no affiliation but competition wise what is it below Premier and NAHL?

end2endrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 05:53 PM
  #16
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
Premier is going to be a new class of league. The founding teams wanted to be a major-junior style league with players still maintaining their college eligibility. It's too early to tell, but I would compare this talent to the USHL as most teams have players with QMJHL, OHL, USHL or NAHL experience. It's hard to say about the Elite Division. It is supposedly the same league as the EJ but I believe most EJ players moved to Premier. And with Elite now containing northern and southern teams, some games could be ugly. Would Portland's 2nd team be as good as Rochester's top team? Empire is the same as last season, Jr B with both other jr league being A. I'd say
USPHL A
Elite C+
Empire D



Not sure of any Euros yet until rosters are posted.
This.


Also, in regards to Euros, I do know for a fact there will be euros on most teams in this league. Do not want to reveal players names yet though.

As for the EHF, it will slot in below the Premier league and NAHL, but above the Elite division. To what extent the difference will be remains to be seen though.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 09:15 PM
  #17
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
This.


Also, in regards to Euros, I do know for a fact there will be euros on most teams in this league. Do not want to reveal players names yet though.

As for the EHF, it will slot in below the Premier league and NAHL, but above the Elite division. To what extent the difference will be remains to be seen though.
Some kid from Latvia "Haralds Egle" who was drafted into the KHL is on Portland

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 10:26 PM
  #18
ocarina
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
Some kid from Latvia "Haralds Egle" who was drafted into the KHL is on Portland
Elite Prospects currently has him listed with Muskegon in the USHL for the upcoming season. Did he change his mind?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=91128

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 05:25 PM
  #19
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
Elite Prospects currently has him listed with Muskegon in the USHL for the upcoming season. Did he change his mind?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=91128
Nah, you're right. I knew he was with Portland in the EJ last year and thought he would stay and play on Premier. I guess I don't know of any Euros, yet. I'm sure every team has at least 1.

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
  #20
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,931
vCash: 1
Not going to lie, I know next to nothing about the USPHL, but fingers crossed that it develops well and flourishes. Having an alternative to the USHL and NAHL in terms of top-tier and middle-tier development in the United States can only be a good thing. Just hope there's enough talent for the additional roster spots.

__________________

Nerd, don't estimate all humanity by the limitations of your own capability. - Steve Smith, Professor of History, University of China, IL
No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 09:41 AM
  #21
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Not going to lie, I know next to nothing about the USPHL, but fingers crossed that it develops well and flourishes. Having an alternative to the USHL and NAHL in terms of top-tier and middle-tier development in the United States can only be a good thing. Just hope there's enough talent for the additional roster spots.
I personally think it will be stronger than the NAHL next year if only for the fact that the NAHL is diluted with its 28 teams. On the USHL front, I thiink alot of people will be surprised in the coming years with the amount of east coast players staying home to play versus going away to play in the USHL. It may take some time, but I do think it will rival the USHL eventually. In an ideal world, the NAHL would contract and it would even up the talent pool, but everyone knows that isn't going to happen.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 09:49 AM
  #22
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 24,931
vCash: 1
Yeah, the NAHL's composition has always surprised me given the shear geographic range involved. They almost make the ECHL look compact by comparison.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 02:42 PM
  #23
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
New Jersey Hitmen (USPHL) vs. Johnstown Tomahawks (NAHL) to meet August 23 in exhibition

http://usphlprospects.blogspot.com/2...re-season.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 04:34 PM
  #24
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
New Jersey Hitmen (USPHL) vs. Johnstown Tomahawks (NAHL) to meet August 23 in exhibition

http://usphlprospects.blogspot.com/2...re-season.html
Very interesting. Would like to see more exhibitions like this.

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 09:01 PM
  #25
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 810
vCash: 323
Cam Smith (Potomac Elite) commits to Darmouth. Only a '97

http://usphlprospects.blogspot.com/2...dartmouth.html

JB51Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.