HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fan protesting Kevin Lowe get one year ban from Rexall

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2014, 11:39 AM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

vCash: 500
Fan protesting Kevin Lowe get one year ban from Rexall

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../21393541.html

It's been a slice, KLowe, but until you're gone, I'm out.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:40 AM
AssistantCaptain*

Another martyr for the cause

Old
01-13-2014, 11:44 AM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 50
The way things are going there will be lots of empty seats. Beacause they will be all banned by Rexall.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:50 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Seriously? This should just encourage people to do this even more and is a sign that Kevin Lowe feels insecure.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:50 AM
BlowbyBlow

The protest honestly should directed to everyone from Macgregor and his scouting staff, to Mact, Lowe, Howson, Buchberger, Acton - all these guys.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:51 AM
DeathbyCheerios

Northlands security is a joke. Every experience I've had with them has been hilariously bad. For example they will pat a guy down head to toe very thorough then for a girl gently pat and glance into their bag. They always seem very slow and dickish.

The fact they got banned from the site for this is hilarious. They should keep doing it from the LRT or right off the grounds to spite them.

If anyone goes to a game they should go a handful, bring them into the game and hand them out/plaster them on the seats.

Old
01-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Hitchslap

Ayatollah Lowe isn't going anywhere!

Old
01-13-2014, 11:54 AM
gqmixmaster

I understand the ban for distributing materials without a license on public/though privately operated property.

Nothing will change unless they can get a video and audio presence on tv at the games. However, I think the end result could be lowe being stepping down from his position and taking on a new title while likely continuing to hold the same responsibilities.

I think their plan is to get connor mcdavid, by the looks of things, they may have found their coach!

Old
01-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Nic

Kicking them out of Rexall seems reasonable, I'm fairly certain no business is going to allow people to hand out stickers saying how crappy they are on premises, it's not exactly an unreasonable position.

Banning them is overkill though. Lowe and Oilers management/coaching as a whole has been terrible for many years, they deserve all of the criticism they get.

Ultimately, the only surefire method of improving this team is to hurt them economically. They stop making money and they will either have to improve or go out of business. I certainly don't want the latter to happen, but nothing else is guaranteed to work....

Old
01-13-2014, 12:03 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

i go out of my way to go to shoppers drug mart and avoid rexall stores, thats all i can do.

Old
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic View Post
Kicking them out of Rexall seems reasonable, I'm fairly certain no business is going to allow people to hand out stickers saying how crappy they are on premises, it's not exactly an unreasonable position.

Banning them is overkill though. Lowe and Oilers management/coaching as a whole has been terrible for many years, they deserve all of the criticism they get.

Ultimately, the only surefire method of improving this team is to hurt them economically. They stop making money and they will either have to improve or go out of business. I certainly don't want the latter to happen, but nothing else is guaranteed to work....
Everything KLowe does is overkill. Particularly the way he has treated a number of players in the past.

More confirmation that this team is going nowhere with KLowe driving this rudderless ship.

Old
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
Meh. Too bad you feel that way. I'd pegged you as die hard.

I'm sure it occurred to the gentleman that he was risking a ban. And not just from watching the Oilers but from setting foot on the property for any reason ... rodeo, concert, ice capades whatever.

Giving him credit for that much common sense, I can't see how he can be surprised at the result. Maybe he should read the small print on his ticket to get a refresher on what private companies can do when you act up on their property.

Its interesting to note that the article stresses the point that they were "giving the stickers away for free" that night on arena property, but had previously been "selling them in bars". Sure buddy, you weren't selling stuff on arena property - not that night.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:06 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

lol at selling them he is just a peddler i missed that part, if he was giving them away for free i would probably side more with him, but selling them? lol loser

Old
01-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Good work, Fingers crossed the rest of the League hears about it, it can only lead to good things.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Meh. Too bad you feel that way. I'd pegged you as die hard.

I'm sure it occurred to the gentleman that he was risking a ban. And not just from watching the Oilers but from setting foot on the property for any reason ... rodeo, concert, ice capades whatever.

Giving him credit for that much common sense, I can't see how he can be surprised at the result. Maybe he should read the small print on his ticket to get a refresher on what private companies can do when you act up on their property.

Its interesting to note that the article stresses the point that they were "giving the stickers away for free" that night on arena property, but had previously been "selling them in bars". Sure buddy, you weren't selling stuff on arena property - not that night.
As I understand it, it wasn't the organizer of the FB page or the distributor of the stickers per se, just one of the group members that participated in the "protest".

And you right, I was at one point one of the biggest diehards around these parts. It's more about the way the organization in general is treating their fanbase in general that has completely turned me off, something I never thought could have happened.

They can't have any more of my money, full stop. I'll be happy to watch the game from my couch or a local watering hole. Then can earn my financial support back the old-fashioned way, not that they could possibly care less anyway.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:15 PM
dnicks17

I don't think the protesting fan is the sharpest tool in the shed.

I don't know why you would think that Northlands(or any business) wouldn't have a problem with what they were doing.

Then you disobey a trespass order from security? Duh.

The one year ban is a little much, but the guy couldn't really have done much more to allow them to do it.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Beerfish

As if the Oilstappo could be any more unlikeable. I like the Edmonton hockey team, I like most of the players on the team, I like most of the fans I interact with on these forums. I totally and utterly despise the owner and front office (including coaches) of this team.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:17 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
lol at selling them he is just a peddler i missed that part, if he was giving them away for free i would probably side more with him, but selling them? lol loser
Its to put up a fire Lowe billboard and the rest is going to charity...

01-13-2014, 12:23 PM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Its to put up a fire Lowe billboard and the rest is going to charity...
Yup. Right after that bar tab gets settled.

Old
FireMacT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i go out of my way to go to shoppers drug mart and avoid rexall stores, thats all i can do.
lol awesome

Old
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I don't think the protesting fan is the sharpest tool in the shed.

I don't know why you would think that Northlands(or any business) wouldn't have a problem with what they were doing.

Then you disobey a trespass order from security? Duh.

The one year ban is a little much, but the guy couldn't really have done much more to allow them to do it.
Completely agree. Great freaking story though. I see this whole gong show as an orchestrated failure by an exasperated management dealing with an unfair playing field. Lowe is always going to be front and center. He's not actively ruining this team, but it's time to ride into the sunset.

The fan should have had a friend come back for the vehicle. "I'm just getting my #%@#&%#&%$ car" doesn't go very far.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Absolutely pathetic. Our management is making me furious.

Old
01-13-2014, 12:25 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

I don't even know why Northlands would care when the Oilers are ditching them in a couple of years

Old
01-13-2014, 12:26 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Yup. Right after that bar tab gets settled.
If you don't believe them, don't buy one. At least they're actually doing something to try to bring change

Old
01-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../21393541.html

This has been reported here in different threads but I thought from the start it deserved its own thread. I share your concern with this. But as I foreshadowed years ago in posts Gestapo quasi security and going way over board had been going on for years. The directives that security has had being laughable.

Closed Thread