HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Schneider is in play for Trade Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2013, 11:06 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
We trade Schneider to Boston and Boston sends Tuugoals Fast to Edmonton.
Rask wants 7 million so we don't want Schnieder because he will want 7 million in 2 years. Screw that

Old
06-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Lundface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Honestly I'd take Gagner+7 th without thinking twice. I love Schneider, but people fail to realize Gagner's actually younger than him.
Problem is getting Gagner isn't even a guarantee

With our luck.... We get a 7th and Klefbom. The 7th turns into Darnell Nurse who busts, and Nichushkin is picked next and is a superstar. Klefbom tops out as a 3rd pairing guy with no offence.

Oh and Luongo's decline continues, and of course Schneider is the piece the Oilers needed for a new dynasty

Old
06-29-2013, 11:08 PM
BeardedCanuck

vCash: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
I find it hard to imagine the Canucks moving forward with Schnieder.

He is 2 years away from a 7 million dollar Rinne deal that will screw our cap structure.
Great point, right now Luongo is still a good goalie and we have to take the risk the Lack or the guy we just signed are ready to make the jump when Luongo really starts to fall.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:08 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post

With our luck.... We get a 7th and Klefbom. The 7th turns into Darnell Nurse who busts, and Nichushkin is picked next and is a superstar. Klefbom tops out as a 3rd pairing guy with no offence.

Oh and Luongo's decline continues, and of course Schneider is the piece the Oilers needed for a new dynasty
Yup.

Interesting Friedman floated a rumour out there that the Canucks would trade both Luongo and Schnieder and sign Mike Smith - who is an ex Gilly client.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Rocky-

I wouldn't trade Schneider period. Luongo needs to go whether by trade, waivers or buyout. Schneider is the better goalie and you don't win the Cup without a good one- we didn't. When Luongo crumbles again then what? Gillis needs to be fired. Could be the worst GM in Canuck history? Trade Edler yes (back could be an issue) and overrated. Agree with hiring Torts but Schneider is the key to our future- trade him to Edmonton and you'll see him with the Stanley Cup.

Old
MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
You need to learn that your opinion is not fact. Step away and take a break
Of course it's not fact.

But watching people who seem delighted to be tearing apart what has been one of the best teams in the league for the past few seasons so we can dress lots of rookies and get some medium high draft picks blows my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrisonsbeard View Post
I said + as well. That + has been speculated as Sean Couturier and Oscar Klefbom. Not bad returns honestly
How do those guys help us win here next season?

This is a veteran, contending team. In an off-year where almost everything went wrong, we had the 6th-best record in the league. This is not the time to tear the team apart.

And keeping Luongo here at this point is just ... I don't even.

Old
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky- View Post
I wouldn't trade Schneider period. Luongo needs to go whether by trade, waivers or buyout. Schneider is the better goalie and you don't win the Cup without a good one- we didn't. When Luongo crumbles again then what? Gillis needs to be fired. Could be the worst GM in Canuck history? Trade Edler yes (back could be an issue) and overrated. Agree with hiring Torts but Schneider is the key to our future- trade him to Edmonton and you'll see him with the Stanley Cup.
Agree with all this. Well said.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:10 PM
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
No, he wasn't.

Ballard played a sheltered 14:00/game against LA. Of course he looked decent. And that was one of the high-water marks of his time here - not screwing up in 14:00 as a #6 defender. And you're putting him in the top 4 for next season? Yeah, right.
I'm just going by the rumour about moving Schneider and Edler, I'm not a fan of moving Edler or Schneider but I can see why this may happen. Am I comfortable with Ballard as a top 4 d man not really but our owners don't want to buy him out so he's likely back here, there was talk that the owners see something more in Ballard then he's shown giving AV short leash, in other words our owners being cheap, and that we may move Edler for assets.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:10 PM
BeardedCanuck

vCash: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Yup.

Interesting Friedman floated a rumour out there that the Canucks would trade both Luongo and Schnieder and sign Mike Smith - who is an ex Gilly client.
Dreger has Smith resigning with the Coyotes 6 years 5.5

Edit: 5.7 now

Old
06-29-2013, 11:11 PM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:

That's why I said Gagner and not Klefbom Man if Gillis passed on Nichushkin for Nurse I'd freak, not very high on Nurse.

Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Guys just got back from the States anyone want to fill me in?
We've just been speculating, intensely.

Old
Nuckles
Bim Jenning

Quote:

So you're a cup half full kind of guy.

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Old
06-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
I'm just going by the rumour about moving Schneider and Edler, I'm not a fan of moving Edler or Schneider but I can see why this may happen. Am I comfortable with Ballard as a top 4 d man not really but our owners don't want to buy him out so he's likely back here, there was talk that the owners see something more in Ballard then he's shown giving AV short leash, in other words our owners being cheap, and that we may move Edler for assets.
AVs fault.

Which talk that owners see something more?

Old
06-29-2013, 11:12 PM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
So we can't win a cup with the goalie who came within a game from it, but we can win one with a goalie who's won one playoff game?

Old
06-29-2013, 11:13 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Agreed.

And if we did somehow manage to get that pick I would want Monahan. (depending on who's available) but not Nurse.

Old
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentknfei View Post
Dreger has Smith resigning with the Coyotes 6 years 5.5

Edit: 5.7 now
Yeah, Friedman also said the rumour was denied by both parties.

Old
Linden
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFan View Post
I'm not so sure I agree with that... What 4 teams in the new division would over take us? Schneider to Luongo isn't any real difference and the loss of Edler could hurt but every one is so down on Edler anyways if Ballard plays like he did in 2012 season then its not a huge down grade from Edler in 2013, add in what Couturier would bring, we'd have some solid youth coming up Klefbom, Jensen, Monahan, Nurse plus whoever we pick at 24th Gaunce we'd have a future, well not hurting now.
San Jose, LA, Edmonton, and Anaheim/Phoenix

Old
06-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Go Herbvat

Quote:
Rask wants 7 million so we don't want Schnieder because he will want 7 million in 2 years. Screw that
Huh?

Old
06-29-2013, 11:14 PM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

Why would Smith come to Vancouver anyway? Didn't Sedin call him a diver and the Edler incident.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Nash

Quote:
Hes also not as soft as ppl say. He has a mean side. He has emotion and plays an intense game.
I think people formed an opinion on him in his first two years when he still had the strength of a teenager, was rushed into the NHL, and didn't get over the 50 point mark. He had no surrounding players. Maybe they saw the points he and Kane put up in London and labelled him as a disappointment in comparison. It's all pretty unfair on a guy who was rushed and has been through all the upheaval in EDM. How tough is it to develop in that gong show? Last year he finally had some decent line mates, and the team was slightly deeper, and they had at least one offensive D to help out, and he was on pace for 65.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Nuckles
Bim Jenning

Quote:
Huh?
He thinks that Schneider will be requesting $7M per year once his contract is expired, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. It seems like goalies are commanding bigger and bigger salaries every year.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:16 PM
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Of course it's not fact.

But watching people who seem delighted to be tearing apart what has been one of the best teams in the league for the past few seasons so we can dress lots of rookies and get some medium high draft picks blows my mind.

How do those guys help us win here next season?

This is a veteran, contending team. In an off-year where almost everything went wrong, we had the 6th-best record in the league. This is not the time to tear the team apart.

And keeping Luongo here at this point is just ... I don't even.
Well its been two years that we sucked ass in the playoffs, one playoff game won since then SCF fail, this core may need a shot in the arm with some youth. It's not like this was the only disappointing season we weren't all that great in 2012, we were the best team cause of goaltending and our crappy division, that team that year played half dead most of the season and talked about resting up for the playoffs and turning on this switch which didn't get turned on and LA took us out, we followed that season up with a worse season and a worse playoffs, there's a downward tend with this core. I'm not against a shakeup.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:17 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Huh?
Rask wants 7 million. Rinne got 7 million. So if Schnieder plays a good couple years here , he will want 7 million.

Schnieds is a FA in 2 years

Old
06-29-2013, 11:18 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Come on Philly and NYI this is the big prize, get involved.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:19 PM
SweedishKeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Come on Philly and NYI this is the big prize, get involved.
I got to think they are involved in talks as we speak. If you are Gillis you sure as hell don't want Schneids in Edmonton

Closed Thread