HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Trvp Lord's First Mock Draft

Old
06-29-2013, 12:05 PM
Trvp Lord

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Trvp Lord's First Mock Draft

Trvp Lord's 2013 NHL Mock Draft

1. Colorado Avalanche
Nathan MacKinnon
Roy & company draft a potential elite number 1 center. Nathan is an elite skater & has excellent hockey sense, and the drive to be an excellent player at the NHL level.

2. Florida Panthers
Seth Jones
The Panthers are happy to select an excellent defenceman that is the total package. Great awareness, size, skill, and mobility will make Jones a great NHL player. Jones & Kulikov could be a great top pairing for Florida for years to come .

3. Tampa Bay Lightning
Jonathan Drouin
The Bolts draft the best forward available. Pure skill & smarts with good skating. Marty St. Louis will be a great mentor for Drouin & one day Drouin could take Marty's spot on the first line with Stamkos. Drouin also used to play center, so that also helps too, I suppose.

4. Nashville Predators
Aleksandr "Sasha" Barkov
I had a tough time here deciding between Barkov & Lindholm, but I think that the Predators decide to go with Barkov in the end, and are very happy. Preds finally draft a great center with tons of promise. Barkov had an excellent season at a young age in a mens league. Could be NHL ready this season. Potential number 1 Center.

5. Carolina Hurricanes
Valeri Nichushkin
The Canes go for the wildcard pick here with Nichushkin. He is a speedy forward with size & skill. Valeri will be working his butt off this summer to try & crack a roster spot for the Canes. He is dedicated & could be the best player out of the draft when it is all said and done. Top line winger

6. Calgary Flames
Sean Monahan
At number 6 I have a feeling that Calgary drafts Monahan. It is very close between Monahan & Lindholm though. Monahan is a leader with skill and outstanding hockey sense. He put up a nice amount of points on a not so hot 67's team. Calgary drafts their possibly future #1C and future captain.

7. Edmonton Oilers
Elias Lindholm
Edmonton will make many teams jealous with this pick. Elias is the best forward to come out of Sweden since Washington's Nicklas Backstrom. A tremendous prospect that could be a complementary Center behind RNH. He even has potential to be the number 1 center!

8. Buffalo Sabres
Rasmus Ristolainen
The Sabres are happy to select the hard hitting, hard shooting right-handed defenceman from Finland. Could potentially be a top pairing guy that could log big minutes for Buffalo.

9. New Jersey Devils
Hunter Shinkaruk
The best pick available here for Jersey. Could be Nurse, or Shinkaruk. Hunter is a great skater with a great shot. The true sniper of the first round (along with Mantha). I could see Hunter potting 30+ goals a season for the Devils. A great pick at #9.

10. Dallas Stars
Alexander Wennberg
Nill makes his first selection as a Dallas Star & makes a great one at that! Wennberg is an intriguing prospect. He can play all 3 forward positions. One of the best skaters in the draft & possesses excellent awareness on the ice.

11. Philadelphia Flyers
Darnell Nurse
Personally, I love this pick for the Flyers! They draft a huge, mobile, nasty defenceman with great athleticism. Nurse has untapped offensive potential in my opinion & could turn out to be the second best defenceman drafted this year, only behind Seth Jones.

12. Phoenix Coyotes
Max Domi
The Coyotes could use a skilled center like Domi, even though he is undersized. Don't let his size fool you though... Domi is a small player, but he plays with heart, and determination. He possesses great hockey sense & can make things happen on the ice. Quick skater, with great hands, a good shot, and a little grit to go along with all of that. A good mix in my opinion!

13. Winnipeg Jets
Bo Horvat
The Jets decide to go with a center here. Horvat's game will bring a lot to the Jets organization. Bo battles hard on the ice & plays a powerforward game with solid play in both ends of the ice. Horvat is a player that possesses intangibles. A faceoff beast & a clutch performer. A great pick for Winnipeg.

14. Columbus Blue Jackets
Curtis Lazar
Lazar is one of my favorite prospects of this draft class. The Oil Kings center is a tremendous prospect that has a great two-way game. What I like about Lazar is that he has a lot of offensive upside. He can be used in any situation, and is excellent at faceoffs. He also has a great wrist shot.

15. New York Islanders
Anthony Mantha
The Islanders decide to go with a goal scorer. Mantha is a big guy that likes to shoot the puck & go to the rougher areas on the ice. This kid has loads of talent.

16. Buffalo Sabres
Nikita Zadorov
Buffalo decides to take another defenceman & load up the defensive pipeline. Zadorov is a big, strong, and gritty defenceman who is surprisingly pretty mobile. Zadorov projects as a big shutdown defenceman, who has some offensive upside. Already has a strong shot.

17. Ottawa Senators
Valentin Zykov
I think Zykov would be a good fit for the Senators. He's a right handed goal scorer with great skating and terrific instincts with the puck. Good puck control. Could be a top 6 winger for Ottawa pretty soon.

18. Detroit Red Wings
Ryan Pulock
Detroit goes for the best pick available in their minds: Ryan Pulock. Pulock is a right-handed two-way defenceman with a bullet of a slapshot. Pulock has tremendous offensive abilities being able to quarterback a powerplay and dish out great breakout passes. Could be a top pairing guy, or second pairing guy.

19. Columbus Blue Jackets
Samuel Morin
Columbus decides to go with the huge defenceman in Jeremy Morin. Morin plays a smart game & can skate well for his size. Another defenceman with untapped potential.

20. San Jose Sharks
Kerby Rychel
San Jose drafts a NHL size powerforward. Rychel has a nose for the net & will go to the dirty areas. Could crack the roster for San Jose sooner than most people will think.

21. Toronto Maple Leafs
Frederik Gauthier
Gauthier is a big guy that can play well in all zones. Gauthier has that potential to be a top 6 center, or a pretty good bottom 6er. The Leafs could use a prospect like Gauthier.

22. Calgary Flames
Josh Morrissey
The Flames draft the hometown kid from Calgary. Morrissey is a great two-way defenceman with tremendous promise on the powerplay. An excellent playmaker with amazing skating.

23. Washington Capitals
Robert Hagg
Hagg is the best swedish defenceman of this draft class & the Capitals are glad to take him at 23. Although Hagg has consistancy issues, the Capitals take the chance. Potential top 4 defenceman for the Caps.

24. Vancouver Canucks
Mirco Mueller
The Canucks take the solid two way guy in Mueller. Mueller skates well, has size, and plays a very safe game. A solid addition to the prospect pool for the Canucks.

Last edited by Trvp Lord: 06-29-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Trvp Lord

Continued...

25. Montreal Canadiens
André Burakovsky
Burakovsky is a tremendous offensive forward with blazing speed & acceleration & great agility on the ice. Burakovsky has a great one-timer & a fast wrist shot. The Habs draft a talented, future top 6 winger if everything goes well.

26. Anaheim Ducks
Jacob de la Rose
Could be considered a reach at this spot for Anaheim, but I think that this is a great pick. Jacob loves to hit, skates well, and has good hockey sense. He can also play all three forward positions.

27. Columbus Blue Jackets
Adam Erne
Columbus selects a forward with their last first round pick of the 2013 draft. Erne can get physical on the ice when it is necessary & can pitch in very well offensively too. Plays a good powerforward-mentality game.

28. Calgary Flames
Zachary Fucale
The Flames end their first round gaining excellent prospects in all positions. Fucale is the best goalie in the draft & could possibly be the Flames' starter in the future.

29. Dallas Stars (from Bos.)
Morgan Klimchuk
Another one of my favorite selections. Klimchuk brings everything to the table, he is the total package. Morgan is a hard worker & is a great leader. He is gifted with quick hands, & quick feet, which make him an offensive threat. A great pickup by Dallas.

30. Chicago Blackhawks
Ryan Hartman
Hartman really isn't a big guy, but plays a big man's game. He is a warrior on the ice and plays with high intensity. Don't be fooled though, Hartman is also very skilled offensively with a scoring touch. Hartman can do it all, really.

About me:
I'm what you would call one of those armchair scouts. I've watched videos & have seen livestreams of all of these players. Wish I could see them live, but being 17 years old, & living in Florida is pretty difficult when it comes to seeing games live. This is my first mock draft & I'm kind of nervous about putting it out, but I hope you all enjoy & have a fun time watching the draft on Sunday.

Last edited by Trvp Lord: 06-29-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old
06-29-2013, 12:29 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Meh for Dallas. Not a big fan of either pick.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:40 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Wrong Morin, that Morin is in the Blackhawk's system, the draft eligible one is Samuel.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Wrong Morin, that Morin is in the Blackhawk's system, the draft eligible one is Samuel.
Oh, silly me.

Old
06-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Trvp Lord

Feedback is appreciated thouugh, guys. I worked pretty hard on this.

Old
06-29-2013, 02:13 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Just popping in to say good job on this. Your work definitely shows.

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
I don't think the Canucks will go with a "safe all round defenseman" in Mueller. If we take a defenseman it would have to be a PMD with high upside. Our prospect pool and roster is filled with solid all round guys.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:32 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

i think the only way the Oilers take Lindholm, and they apparently like him, is if Monahan and Nurse are both gone, and if that's the case and Nichuskin is in play, they could take him as well. this pick is in play as well, make no mistake about it.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Just popping in to say good job on this. Your work definitely shows.
That means a lot. I appreciate it!

Old
06-29-2013, 03:50 PM
ZeroPT
Faschist Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
i think the only way the Oilers take Lindholm, and they apparently like him, is if Monahan and Nurse are both gone, and if that's the case and Nichuskin is in play, they could take him as well. this pick is in play as well, make no mistake about it.
Where did you see that the oil were interested in lindholm? They didn't invite him to their mini-combine,there scouts have barely mentioned him, while they are clearly salivating over monahan and are apparently high on nurse.
As for the mock, it works for buffalo!

ZeroPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 04:23 PM
MagnumForce

Not sure if the Sabres will take two Defenseman in the 1st round but still like both players alot.

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 04:28 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Burakowski would be nice, but he's a real boom-bust guy. I think Montreal would go for Erne if he was still on the board.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 04:57 PM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post
Burakowski would be nice, but he's a real boom-bust guy. I think Montreal would go for Erne if he was still on the board.
Yeah, I could see them taking Erne as well. I just think Burakovsky brings more to the table as a player. Tomorrow should be really interesting.

Old
06-29-2013, 05:24 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Where did you see that the oil were interested in lindholm? They didn't invite him to their mini-combine,there scouts have barely mentioned him, while they are clearly salivating over monahan and are apparently high on nurse.
As for the mock, it works for buffalo!
i might be in error here, i thought i heard a local media wag mention they liked him, but your right, they didn't invite him so i doubt they will take him. they have my permission to trade the pick or take Bo Horvat, who they really DO actually like, if Lindholm is left at #7.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
Not sure if the Sabres will take two Defenseman in the 1st round but still like both players alot.
Both are great picks IMO.

Old
06-29-2013, 08:42 PM
MagnumForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trvp Lord View Post
Both are great picks IMO.
I agree

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 08:55 PM
IslandersFan17

I'm between Fucale and Mantha. Would absolutely love either. Horvat and Shinkauruk would be ideal too if they slip. Pulock would be the only defender outside of Jones and Nurse I would want.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
I'm between Fucale and Mantha. Would absolutely love either. Horvat and Shinkauruk would be ideal too if they slip. Pulock would be the only defender outside of Jones and Nurse I would want.
I think it would be good if you guys took Fucale too

Old
06-29-2013, 10:02 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Gauthier does make some sense for the Leafs. Questionable how much offense he's got in him, but good size up the middle is a benefit.

FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Gauthier does make some sense for the Leafs. Questionable how much offense he's got in him, but good size up the middle is a benefit.
Definately. It's kind of difficult to project Gauthier's offensive upside atm. Could be high, could be low... We'll see

Old
06-30-2013, 07:16 AM
ChesterNimitz

I think we all appreciate your work and insight. Some quick comments. I doubt that Detroit takes Pulock. Detroit always stresses mobility in their defencemen and Pulock is not a fluid skater. His game does not translate that well at the NHL level and he has Josh Godfrey written all over him. I believe Morin will, or should be, the second defenceman taken and that Hagg will fall out of the first round. Morin's potential is huge while there are so many defensive prospects available that have much higher upsides than Hagg. I take Bowey and Heatherington in a second over him.

ChesterNimitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Trvp Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterNimitz View Post
I think we all appreciate your work and insight. Some quick comments. I doubt that Detroit takes Pulock. Detroit always stresses mobility in their defencemen and Pulock is not a fluid skater. His game does not translate that well at the NHL level and he has Josh Godfrey written all over him. I believe Morin will, or should be, the second defenceman taken and that Hagg will fall out of the first round. Morin's potential is huge while there are so many defensive prospects available that have much higher upsides than Hagg. I take Bowey and Heatherington in a second over him.
Thank you. I believe that you are underrating Pulock though. I think he will be in the NHL one day. Hagg has fallen a couple spots IMO and him falling to the second is definately a possibility.

Since I put out this mock draft, my thoughts have actually changed about Detroit taking a defenceman, but we'll see what happens. I hope my mock draft is wrong & Wennberg falls all the way to 18 for Detroit.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Count Von Grabo*

I think Fucale goes higher.

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:24 AM
candyman82

Good work. You made it plausible, which is the best thing you can say about a mock

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote