HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Boston-Ottawa

Old
06-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Sensinitis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
There's nothing special in that package to convince me to want to trade Seguin.
You have the right to refuse the offer but don't push it.

Seguin is and will be better than Turris, but the difference between them isn't bigger than a 1st round pick AND a roster player(for argument's sake, instead of Da Costa)

Sensinitis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:20 AM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisealfie11 View Post

Seguin is and will be better than Turris, but the difference between them isn't bigger than a 1st round pick AND a roster player(for argument's sake, instead of Da Costa)
The Bruins aren't looking to collect depth. They have plenty of 2nd/3rd line depth currently and in the pipeline. That's why most rumors are STARTING with top 5/6 picks. Very little interest in a quantity for quality deal. Unless impact talent or potentially impact talent are coming back, there's no reason to even begin discussion.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Ismellofhockey

Turris is a 3rd overall pick... Are you sure a top 5 or 6 pick will turn out better than him?

Ismellofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:51 AM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey View Post
Turris is a 3rd overall pick... Are you sure a top 5 or 6 pick will turn out better than him?
He's a 3rd overall pick who's 5 years into his development and has a career high of 29 points. We know he's not an impact player. Very rarely are there sure things at that spot in the draft, but you will get high end potential and control of that players development. There's also the fact that a top pick will be on an entry level contract and retain value as an asset.

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:02 AM
Briecheeze

From a neutral standpoint, Boston laughs at that deal.

Kyle Turris is only 23, with four years in the NHL and one in the minors. He still has potential, but at this point, most people would bet against a surprising breakout. He's only had 29 points as a career-high (albeit with shortened seasons), with about a 40-50 point pace. And that's no knock against him.

Seguin's already hit 67 points in his second season, with a swoon in his third season.

The difference between the two is not a mid-level first rounder and a b-level prospect. (where would those pieces even fit into Boston's plans? They're looking to win now.)

If anything it starts with Mika Zibanejad. Or, more likely, Boston would want to add in a trade for Karlsson.

Throw in the fact that they're division rivals, and this deal isn't really a realistic prospect, especially since Boston would like to future-proof against Seguin being an 80-pt+ player in their division every year.

Last edited by Briecheeze: 06-30-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:51 AM
WillyBilly1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briecheeze View Post
From a neutral standpoint, Boston laughs at that deal.

Kyle Turris is only 23, with four years in the NHL and one in the minors. He still has potential, but at this point, most people would bet against a surprising breakout. He's only had 29 points as a career-high (albeit with shortened seasons), with about a 40-50 point pace. And that's no knock against him.

Seguin's already hit 67-points in his second season, with a swoon in his third season.

The difference between the two is not a mid-level first rounder and a b-level prospect. (where would those pieces even fit into Boston's plans? They're looking to win now.)

If anything it starts with Mika Zibanejad. Or, more likely, Boston would want to add in a trade for Karlsson.

Throw in the fact that they're division rivals, and this deal isn't really a realistic prospect, especially since Boston would like to future-proof against Seguin being an 80-pt+ player in their division every year.
Karlsson for Seguin + Lucic + Hamilton that is what Ottawa would want for Karlsson so there is absolutely no way Boston trade for Karlsson if there was a step above kings ransom this would be it

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:55 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:

I'm sorry, but yes it absolutely is. The difference between Seguin and Turris is, at the very least, equal to Da Costa and whoever they get at 16.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 02:05 AM
Nizzy

Turris Puempel 1st 2nd 2014 for Seguin

I believe thats fair value

Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 03:11 AM
Sensinitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
He's a 3rd overall pick who's 5 years into his development and has a career high of 29 points. We know he's not an impact player. Very rarely are there sure things at that spot in the draft, but you will get high end potential and control of that players development. There's also the fact that a top pick will be on an entry level contract and retain value as an asset.
in 48 games

Sensinitis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 04:08 AM
PJ A Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
3rd overall pick that took time...Henrik Sedin. But I think its a rather rare case so I kind of agree with you. A top ten pick this year should have all the possibilities to be as good as Turris in a while and very much so in 5 year. But there's nothing that is a sure bet.

PJ A Oates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 04:18 AM
PJ A Oates

Quote:
Potential 50-60 point second line center. He's kind of a Spezza-lite. Makes some amazing passes you'd never thought would go through, has terrific vision. His best traits are probably his vision, passing, puckhandling and playmaking. His shot is pretty good too. He always makes things happen when he's on the ice.

Hasn't had much of an opportunity in Ottawa because we have so many centers right now and he's best suited on the top-two lines getting PP time then in the bottom six not getting PP time. He's behind Spezza and Turris in that department...

I think he can break out if given the chance with another team. Only his defensive game would need some polishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Some see 2nd line Potential.

Personally, I see none of that. He doesn't skate hard, and looks lazy most of the time. Plays a bit like Spezza, but with 40% the skill.
I'm obviously not high on him, but he's a C prospect regardless.
Thanks. Sounds something like David Krejci (with less skill). And we allready have one David Krejci so it feels like a strange fit for me. Also concidering we have a good amount of centers aswell (DK, Bergeron, Kelly, (Söderberg), (Peverley), Campbell and with Spooner, Carter and Koko in the distance).

PJ A Oates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 06:16 AM
nmbr_24

Being a Bruins fan, some day I would love to see the Bruins help out the Sens in a big way by trading a very good player to them for future picks and a young player, but that would be if the Bruins were in need of a rebuild. The Sens are just too good and in direct competition with the Bruins.

No offense meant, I have a lot of respect for the Sens. I wouldn't do much of anything to help the Sens right now.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 07:25 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
Uhm, well this is shocking to me.

I don't think I'd move all that for Seguin.
That's fair enough and at first glance that's a lot of substance going back to Boston. BUT, you have to look at it from a Boston's needs perspective. Noesen and a first are a fantastic start but not nearly enough as Noesen has nowhere near Seguin's potential and a mid first doesn't make up the difference. Now Zach Smith and Michalek are two of my favorite Sens but there both not needed by Boston who has a glutany of LWs and Cs. It also adds to Boston's cap trouble making it even worse for the Bruins forcing them to make several more moves.

It was a solid attempt at an offer and I agree probably too much from Ottawa but it really doesn't do Boston any favors as they get no one to fill their 1st or 2nd line RW spot next year.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 07:40 AM
The_Chosen_One

I can see Dougie Hamilton being more important to a team than an elite offensive defenceman like Karlsson. He's one guy that I'd like to see going back to the Leafs.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 07:41 AM
richardsequalscup*

Boston hangs up the phone in about 5 seconds.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:19 AM
topshelf15

Love to get Seguin on our team but whatever the current price is for him,we would more than likely have to pay more.Even though both fanbases get along ,we still are in the same division and are in direct competition with each other.I suspect if he moves it will be out west

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Bruin4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
Karlsson for Seguin + Lucic + Hamilton that is what Ottawa would want for Karlsson so there is absolutely no way Boston trade for Karlsson if there was a step above kings ransom this would be it
Are we talking pre-Achilles Karlsson.... He sucked pretty big ones since coming back.

Bruin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:17 AM
bigfatfist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
Are we talking pre-Achilles Karlsson.... He sucked pretty big ones since coming back.
Yeah, and wasn't Bergeron pretty crap in Game 7?

Karlsson admitted his leg didn't feel right, he rushed back to try and help as best he could. Look at he normal timelines for recovery. He'll be fine in the Fall.

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Briecheeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
Yep, and Boston would tell them to go to hell. Which I should've mentioned in my post. The chances of the two agreeing on a trade is very unlikely.

Briecheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:18 AM
BigMac*

Quote:
in 48 games
For any deal to work i'm sure it would involve Silverberg and 17th ova

BigMac* is offline   Reply With Quote