Notices

2013 NHL Central Scouting Movement Tracker

Old
05-19-2013, 07:40 PM
LemaireisGOD

vCash: 500
2013 NHL Central Scouting Movement Tracker

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...t-tracker.html

I have put together my color-coded 2013 NHL Central Scouting movement tracker. With our favorite team not having a 1st round pick, if you want to do your homework and see who the top risers and fallers are this will help make that pretty obvious. Enjoy!

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:46 AM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaireisGOD View Post
http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...t-tracker.html

I have put together my color-coded 2013 NHL Central Scouting movement tracker. With our favorite team not having a 1st round pick, if you want to do your homework and see who the top risers and fallers are this will help make that pretty obvious. Enjoy!
Thank you!

What are the picks that Wild holds at this time?

WildFinn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 01:31 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

As things are now they are currently holding the rights to

Overall

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 01:49 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
As things are now they are currently holding the rights to

Overall
Thanks.

Lot of Swedes could be available around the first one, hope someone can tell something about them. That is one place you can find gems at those rankings.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:32 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

I wouldn't oppose trading some draft picks to move up in the draft

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:45 PM
OpRedDawn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
I wouldn't oppose trading some draft picks to move up in the draft
me neither

at this point we need quality over quantity

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:22 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
me neither

Lets run a Islanders "light" and try to trade all our draftpicks for the 2nd Overall.. Since we dont have a 1st rnd, we could atlest try to get a top 5 for all our picks..

Old
05-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Lets run a Islanders "light" and try to trade all our draftpicks for the 2nd Overall.. Since we dont have a 1st rnd, we could atlest try to get a top 5 for all our picks..
I dont know if this is sheer genius or sheer idiocy.

Either way it would be...different.

Avder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Stopping Pucks

I wouldn't mind giving up many of our draft picks and a maybe a decent valued player for a top 10 pick. Seems like a good move to me. Anybody in this 1st round could end up being an automatic superstar. Such a good draft this year. I doubt it will happen though.

Stopping Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:23 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
I wouldn't mind giving up many of our draft picks and a maybe a decent valued player for a top 10 pick. Seems like a good move to me. Anybody in this 1st round could end up being an automatic superstar. Such a good draft this year. I doubt it will happen though.
There is one trade partner that we might have luck with.

Kekäläinen heads Columbus and knows how to play and develop Granlund, so trade him there.

They have also have some players we would love to have playing for us and they also have three first rounders..

There is possibility for win-win if you look at what they have.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Stopping Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFinn View Post
There is one trade partner that we might have luck with.

Kekäläinen heads Columbus and knows how to play and develop Granlund, so trade him there.

They have also have some players we would love to have playing for us and they also have three first rounders..

There is possibility for win-win if you look at what they have.
Good catch. I just don't know if it is time to trade Granlund, but whatever they can do to makes this a winning team they need to do.

Stopping Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 10:17 PM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
Good catch. I just don't know if it is time to trade Granlund, but whatever they can do to makes this a winning team they need to do.
Well that it is the one place that might give fair value for Granlund so i would keep him in the block for them.

Old
05-25-2013, 09:27 AM
LemaireisGOD

I wouldn't give much...

For Granlund. He hasn't shown me he's a sure-fire star player in the NHL at all. If anything he looks pretty suspect; especially when you consider his limitations.

As far as this draft goes. We could draft a superstar? I'm not seeing it. I think there will be a reasonable player available at #46. Trading up is ok, but trading them all for a 1st round pick? Nah, not in this draft. Each prospect, beyond the top 5-6 all have serious question marks about them. Not just minor issues, like the kind of questions where you have to ask is he going to be a decent player or a bust. That to me makes the picks pretty high risk. I will post my draft articles as we get closer to the draft here. Either way, I hope the tracker is a tool you can use when coming up with your own lists, etc.

Old
05-25-2013, 09:44 AM
WildFinn*
Unity | We Are One

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaireisGOD View Post
For Granlund. He hasn't shown me he's a sure-fire star player in the NHL at all. If anything he looks pretty suspect; especially when you consider his limitations.

As far as this draft goes. We could draft a superstar? I'm not seeing it. I think there will be a reasonable player available at #46. Trading up is ok, but trading them all for a 1st round pick? Nah, not in this draft. Each prospect, beyond the top 5-6 all have serious question marks about them. Not just minor issues, like the kind of questions where you have to ask is he going to be a decent player or a bust. That to me makes the picks pretty high risk. I will post my draft articles as we get closer to the draft here. Either way, I hope the tracker is a tool you can use when coming up with your own lists, etc.

Granlund will not be a bust and Kekäläinen would take him but naturally he would try to do it cheap first.
Im more worried about his develoment under Yeo, he is not his type of player. Could be best to part ways if the deal is good enough.

Old
05-25-2013, 10:42 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Im so tired of the saying that next draft is so deep, and when may/june omes everybody is saying its not..

Old
05-25-2013, 11:36 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

IMO, we get rid of Yeo before we get rid of Granlund.

Getting rid of Granlund doesn't fix any problem the Wild has, it only exposes it more.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 11:58 PM
LemaireisGOD

Mock drafts anyone?

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...a-palooza.html

I put together a mock draft as did GopherState plus I have links to a bunch more mock drafts for your enjoyment and discussion.

Old
06-09-2013, 04:26 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
We still need quantity. Our prospect list looks pretty battered after last season. Phillips, Dumba, Granlund, Bulmer had difficulty developing to the next level. Coyle didn't look out of place in the NHL physically but he'll need to start developing better offense. Zucker was the opposite. Looked great offensively, needs to develop a little more physically. Haula and Graovac are complete unknowns. Brodin is probably the best out of all of them. But we could still use some depth.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 08:51 AM
GORGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
We still need quantity. Our prospect list looks pretty battered after last season. Phillips, Dumba, Granlund, Bulmer had difficulty developing to the next level. Coyle didn't look out of place in the NHL physically but he'll need to start developing better offense. Zucker was the opposite. Looked great offensively, needs to develop a little more physically. Haula and Graovac are complete unknowns. Brodin is probably the best out of all of them. But we could still use some depth.
Well said my friend.. I Still don't get the "Love affair" with Fletcher.. I hope all ya'll that love him end up being right and he takes us to the promise land. But IMO most of the fore mentioned prospect's, with the exception of Brodin have done little or nothing to make me think this talent pool we "supposedly" have is all that great. I get that they are young and a few may develop some, But I see very little Muscle, very little speed, and Zero Nasty... 3 things this franchise needs more than anything coming in from this list of prospects.. IMO The Wild will never be taken seriously, and certainly won't win consistently until Fletcher figure's out they need to Stop drafting small-slow- non physical forwards, and find some player's that would run Grandma over if it meant winning a battle in the corner..

GORGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:56 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

What about Nicolas Petan? Could he be avalible at 46?

Hudson Fasching maybe in the 3rd? How is his style of play?

Old
06-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Uberdachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORGO View Post
Well said my friend.. I Still don't get the "Love affair" with Fletcher.. I hope all ya'll that love him end up being right and he takes us to the promise land. But IMO most of the fore mentioned prospect's, with the exception of Brodin have done little or nothing to make me think this talent pool we "supposedly" have is all that great. I get that they are young and a few may develop some, But I see very little Muscle, very little speed, and Zero Nasty... 3 things this franchise needs more than anything coming in from this list of prospects.. IMO The Wild will never be taken seriously, and certainly won't win consistently until Fletcher figure's out they need to Stop drafting small-slow- non physical forwards, and find some player's that would run Grandma over if it meant winning a battle in the corner..
So true. They need to shift gears and quit drafting slowies like Zucker and tiny corner sissies like Coyle. To compete in today's league they need aggressive, fiesty forwards who'll get thrown out of games in 16 seconds or less.

Uberdachen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 01:52 PM
LemaireisGOD

I thought Fasching...

Quote:
What about Nicolas Petan? Could he be avalible at 46?

Hudson Fasching maybe in the 3rd? How is his style of play?
Was outstanding as a Freshman at Apple Valley but IMO he's regressed. He's a gentle player, strong physically but not fierce. He's the guy I fear the Wild Wild will take for the 'feel good' story of his own. I understand why people are rooting for him, but it shouldn't trump his milquetast production in the USHL.

Old
06-12-2013, 02:01 PM
LemaireisGOD

2013 NHL Draft Speculation, a 3-part series

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...efenseman.html

I have written draft speculation articles trying to identify what players fit our teams' needs and what players will likely be available when we make our selection. I have analysis, stats and in some cases video. This is part 1 of the 3-part series. Enjoy!

Old
06-12-2013, 02:16 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

just a friendly fyi: the wilds draft picks in the article is incorrect. we have two 3rds, I believe thats picks 70 and 81?

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 02:25 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
just a friendly fyi: the wilds draft picks in the article is incorrect. we have two 3rds, I believe thats picks 70 and 81?
Yep. 81 is from San Jose for our dearly departed Shep.

It's in the other Draft thread somewhere but to save time: Every 2013 Minnesota pick with explanations on how they were received/given away

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote