HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

THW Two-Round Mock: Jackets get Zadorov, more....

Old
06-29-2013, 10:25 PM
StevenToddIves
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
THW Two-Round Mock: Jackets get Zadorov, more....

I just published a two-round mock draft on thehockeywriters: http://thehockeywriters.com/ives-moc...hl-mock-draft/

I was wondering what the Columbus fans thought of my three first rounders for the Blue Jackets, plus their second rounder.

StevenToddIves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Mm. I don't like skipping Mantha. Zykov's a decent substitute, tho.

I'll give it an "OK" grade.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

I have to say, this is my least favorite mock so far. Very "meh" on our end.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I have to say, this is my least favorite mock so far. Very "meh" on our end.
Oy. You haven't been reading some of the ones HFers are coming up with, then, have you?

There was that one guy who justified a #14-#19 of Ristolainen-Morin with "when you're rolling into the rink with Nikita Nikitin, you could use all the help you can get on the back end."

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Oy. You haven't been reading some of the ones HFers are coming up with, then, have you?

There was that one guy who justified a #14-#19 of Ristolainen-Morin with "when you're rolling into the rink with Nikita Nikitin, you could use all the help you can get on the back end."
I actually did my own on these boards, and we came away with Horvat, Klimchuk, Lodge, and Burakowsky. I actually like that group.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:15 PM
StevenToddIves
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

Ha, thanks. Most fan mocks will literally have the best players just "somehow" slip to them, which is why a lot of HF mocks are plain silly.

As far as my Jackets draft ("meh"?) goes, I have them getting an absolute beast of a d-man in Zadorov, a young Shane Doan in Zykov, and two more forwards with first round upside in Burakowsky and Lehkonen.

I do love hearing all educated opinions though, even when they differ from my own!

StevenToddIves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:16 PM
stevo61

Quote:
I actually did my own on these boards, and we came away with Horvat, Klimchuk, Lodge, and Burakowsky. I actually like that group.
Far from the worst I've seen but isn't the best in terms of whats good for us.

Edit: actually i managed to read that wrong haha. I like that draft, I'd take Pulock over Zadorov and yeah maybe Burakowsky is a bit soon but that dude has a lot of potential

Horvats been getting notice over the last little while. Saw a thing that said could Horvat be the steal of the draft. It was only mark masters but still. I wouldn't mind your draft, i looked for it before but could never find it. Love Burakowsky in the 2nd , pretty meh towards the Lodge pick i have to admit. Klimchuck maybe a decent pick, i really would like to find that draft and see who went afterwards though

stevo61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
Far from the worst I've seen but isn't the best in terms of whats good for us.
Horvats been getting notice over the last little while. Saw a thing that said could Horvat be the steal of the draft. It was only mark masters but still. I wouldn't mind your draft, i looked for it before but could never find it. Love Burakowsky in the 2nd , pretty meh towards the Lodge pick i have to admit. Klimchuck maybe a decent pick, i really would like to find that draft and see who went afterwards though
I'm not huge on Lodge either, but as a long-term projection, he could be a great find. To be fair, the Horvat comment about being a steal originated with Pierre McGuire ... so take that for whatever it's worth

My mock:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=892

Old
06-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenToddIves View Post
Ha, thanks. Most fan mocks will literally have the best players just "somehow" slip to them, which is why a lot of HF mocks are plain silly.

As far as my Jackets draft ("meh"?) goes, I have them getting an absolute beast of a d-man in Zadorov, a young Shane Doan in Zykov, and two more forwards with first round upside in Burakowsky and Lehkonen.

I do love hearing all educated opinions though, even when they differ from my own!
I'm not stating that those are bad picks, just not a lot to be excited about for us. I think Zadorov is off the board at 14, but even if he's there, I don't see him being high on our list of desire ... we simply aren't in great need for a defenseman of that type. I'd rather see us take the guy that went next on your list, Ryan Hartman (by the way, love that you guys have him so high up there). As for Zykov, no complaints here, but I have my concerns about him being an NHL player. I like Burakowsky - hoped he would fall to us with that pick at 44, as he did in my version. Lehkonen is in about the right range.

Just not a lot of excitement, those are all "safe" picks that won't ever be big number guys. That's why I said "meh" ... not bad, just not my favorite.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:31 PM
stevo61

Quote:
I'm not huge on Lodge either, but as a long-term projection, he could be a great find. To be fair, the Horvat comment about being a steal originated with Pierre McGuire ... so take that for whatever it's worth

My mock:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=892
I kinda don't want Horvat right now...
I don't mind your draft at all but I think personally i like Pavel Buchnevich over Lodge and maybe Rychel, Hartman or Zykov over Klimchuck. So much to choose from this year and about a million different possibilities with everyone having different opinions. Draft time is so much fun

stevo61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:42 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
I kinda don't want Horvat right now...
I don't mind your draft at all but I think personally i like Pavel Buchnevich over Lodge and maybe Rychel, Hartman or Zykov over Klimchuck. So much to choose from this year and about a million different possibilities with everyone having different opinions. Draft time is so much fun
Hartman would have been my second choice at 19, but I felt that Klimchuk's upside is too high to pass up at that spot. Having seen plenty of Klimchuk, there's a lot to like!