HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft - 06.30.13 - New Jersey

Old
06-30-2013, 09:40 AM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Hawks aren't trading Leddy, that makes no sense

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

[QUOTE=GGGHawks18;68249545]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
Interesting rumors. Im sure Stan is looking to move up or at least recover a 2nd and/or 3rd he lost for Oduya.

Hope Kelly and the boys dont mess up another draft. Record so far for first round and the majority of second round picks outside of 2011 has been less than stellar.

Less than stellar? It's not like they had any high draft choices that would help immediately. I can honestly say McNeil, Clenending, Danault, Kayes, TT will all see time with the Hawks at some point in their career.

I've thought the Hawks have had excellent drafts ever since Bowman took over.
Yeah really. We have one of the strongest prospect pools in the NHL without the benefit of top draft picks...we're doing something right.

As for trading Leddy, I think it would be a mistake. Oduya has 1 more year right? Leddy slides into the #3 dman position either this year or next, then takes over once Keith and Seabrook are on the decline. It would have to be a WOW offer for me to move Leddy.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 09:48 AM
hawksfan50

Interesting on that Leddy to CAR for the #5 rumour that JJ is buzzing abot...It is well known that CAR GM Rutherford hates risking a high first on any dman at 18 yrs old..prefers dmen who are ready by having played in the nhl awhile..Leddy still young but can step right in...if Jones falls to #5 because 3 teams above want centres and Drouinis the other..it meams Stan gets a choice between EITHER Jones,Monohan,Barkov or Nicushkin depending on which one of the of the latter 3 centres remains..Would Stan take Jones orfinally solve the long term 2C problem by taking that remaining centre..I would not put Lindholm ahead of any of those 3 centres but if our scouts thik so then he too is a 2c possibility..but he is probably not ready to play now..probably another year in Sweden..Maybe the same if it is Barkov though he toreit up against men in the Sm-liga..My hunch is FLA takes Barkov at #2..that TB takes Monahan at #3...that Droin goes at #4..leaving Jones or Nicushkin at #5.. JONES PROBABLY IS NOT READY TO STEP IN...NEEDS ANOTHER YEAR IN jr....you do not want to rush 18 yr old dmen..could ruin them..easier for forwards that young if they have the body to take the hitting in the pro game..Nicushkin does have that and some think he could step in now..but
maybe Stan wants to delay the time to sart the 7 yrs to UFA countdown by a year and let him percolate in Jr. Now that he is free of any KHL contract obligatoon.. IF Barkov is the remaining one of the 3 then he too probably stays in Finland another year..Stan would not want to start the clock right away..But ditto for Jones plus he needsanother year because you cannot rush dmen that young.. SO WHAT WILL STAN DO IF HE PULLS OFF SUCH A DEALfor the #5? CAR already has 3 centres..so if Drouin gone they probably make this deal..though it will not be for Leddy straight up..some other roster player or prospect must be included. If it wereme I would take the 2C long term solution hope woth the one of those 3 centres who remain..I bypass Jones because either he never lives up to his promose as the best dman in this draft or he turns out only average or he does turn out as asoeciak elite d..If the latter then he will command huge $$$ and cap hit on his 2nd conyract causing us to get rid of him or some other high priced player at that time..Plus this draft is do deep we csn still get a good man and keep him cheaper and longer at pick #30 or a bit earlier in the 20s or early 2nd depending what they get back from a Bolland trade.. I know sounds crazy but while Jonrs may be the BPA on most lists even after McKinnon goes at #1 you would have the next 4 teams passing on such BPA for Need Position and in CHI s case future cap problem reasons..Whoever we plug in as that long term 2C solution probably costs us Less on that 2nd contract because while they may be the 2C solution they are not necrssarily franchise elite superstar level and by not playing PP we can manage their success a bit..If Jones is special we would be playing him top pair and not burying him or limiting his playoff minutes in 2 yrs like we did with Leddy..Still STAN may insyead be a creature of the marketing deot. And the BIGGEST SLASH POSSIBLE..you can see Stan justifyinh taking Jones as THE BPA as set by so many other scouting orgs..or hom telling us he was the top BPA on his list remaining..or that "we never thought he would be there" implying a steal of a franchise talent..and so much to make the marketing dept happier tham gambling on a Russkie who might later fly the coup bacl home to get more pay from the KHL if we do not meet his escalating demands on his next contract.. BUT IF IT IS MONAHAN or BARKOV instead and we pass on our big chamce to end that long term 2C problem and if they become star..not superstar but stars in the nhl. .then STAN probably goofed..cause if Jones is that GREAt he could demand Crazy $$$ on that 2nd contract and we will be up the creek in cap problems again..I do not thinl we need that headache..Tale the 2C opportunity when it FINALLY presents itsekf..In this case draft for NEED not for perceived BPA which may mot even turn out to the degree expected but if it does it will Cost you a lot more to retain ot.Is Hones a franchise dman? If not then do mot take him..ee need a 2C solution greater than an averagely good but not franchise guy..do not take a Jaybo if we finally get the long term 2C answer we crave...If he is a franchise dmam..we cannot afford him after his ELC.anyway..so why bother?

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:06 AM
x Tame Impala

Quote:
Interesting rumors. Im sure Stan is looking to move up or at least recover a 2nd and/or 3rd he lost for Oduya.

Hope Kelly and the boys dont mess up another draft. Record so far for first round and the majority of second round picks outside of 2011 has been less than stellar.

In a draft and develop system, cant afford to keep on missing with these picks.
We have one of the better prospect pools in the league and those prospects are almost completely made up of guys chosen by Bowman after the first cup we won.

Damn it feels good to say "first cup" you know, because we won two in four years and all

x Tame Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:09 AM
x Tame Impala

Leddy for Jones/Barkov/Monahan? Interesting actually.

I dont like prospects since its no guarantee they'll pan out and i really like Leddy's game. But a top 5 pick? Probably not too bad.

x Tame Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:17 AM
BronYrAur

LOL no way Carolina gives us the #5 for Leddy. Hawks would have to add considerably to that.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Hawkster
The Magic Number

I think the lack of early picks that the Hawks currently have went some way towards Bowman being so active in the UDFA market this year.

LeBlanc, Raanta, Svedberg and Mullane was a very decent haul.

As for the current rumors..

- I'd be shocked if they moved Leddy, although they may want to give Clendening the same early opportunity that he was given.

- I've seen nothing new on Bolland. I would hope that he'd get us a late 1st or multiple 2nd's if he was to be moved.

- I think they may move down 5-10 spots if they can find someone desperate enough.

It should be interesting..

Hawkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:25 AM
RayP
Registered Dad

vCash: 50
Pretty good interview with Fucale if you throw NHLN on... I'm sure they'll air it again, they've already shown it 3-4 times this morning.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Nothingman*

Fiddy at it again

Nothingman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
thanks - I just noticed the draft is actually on NBCSN, which i do have. Phew!

Just for conversation's sake, but JJ has a few rumors up today in his blog. Highlighted by a rumored deal of Nick Leddy being involved a trade that brings the #5 pick to Chicago from Carolina. He also said Ottawa and Montreal are interested in Leddy. JJ has got to get one right eventually.
JJ is terrible so even luck wont help

If somehow Leddy was traded the only acceptable return would be a #2C coming back somehow in deal

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:04 AM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
JJ is terrible so even luck wont help

If somehow Leddy was traded the only acceptable return would be a #2C coming back somehow in deal
JJ is a troll.

I don't see a legit 2C coming back unless we added to that deal.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Didnt you just say to HossTheBoss in the other thread that Pulock wont be avaliable. While I agree with that, can we have some consistency here?
I have us taking Pulock AND Compher in the 1st round. I think we see a trade that gets us Pulock in the End.

About Leddy:

I wouldn't trade him (alone) for LESS than a Top5 Pick. And only if Nichushin goes in the Top4 that we end up with 1 of Drouin/MacK/Jones/Barkov.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:06 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 2m
#Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman says he's looking to add one or two picks to his current five-pick total today.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:32 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Bowman isn't going to do much today, hopefully. Add a couple picks hopefully by trading FA rights or prospects he has no intention of doing anything with anyways. Biggest move I see being a real possibility is Bolland. Other than that, we've got a strong team, tons of prospects ready to compete to fill NHL roster slots... no need to sell the farm or try to force a deal. I'd rather a good deal come to us or that we pass on trades than go chasing after some of the available stars.

Some of the names being tossed around, Ryan, Seguin, Myers, Rielly, are enough to make you perk up a bit but in all honesty the team just needs to do what it did the last two years, small tweaks and re-tools, don't get ourself into cap trouble, let some new blood onto the NHL team and give them an opportunity to grow.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:34 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

vCash: 2660
The last thing I expect is Bowman getting us in cap trouble.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:35 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
@ChrisKuc: #Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman: "We’re not going to trade into the Top 5."
Solid plan, Stan.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:43 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Hawks and Columbus seem like ideal trading partners...I can see Bolland plus getting moved for Columbus' second first round pick... Columbus has three first round picks, they are looking to win now as well as having a bright future, I think we can snag the middle pick and give us a top 20 chance plus our #30.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Funny what winning a Cup can do to the belief in a GM. Not that I doubt you had confidence before UWT, it's just funny in general. I don't even know how coldsteel can operate without taking a shot at Bowman, and now he likes him no less?
Hey, we were wrong about Bowman. We've happily admitted it and I wish it was always this great to be wrong about things in life

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:45 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Hawks and Columbus seem like ideal trading partners...I can see Bolland plus getting moved for Columbus' second first round pick... Columbus has three first round picks, they are looking to win now as well as having a bright future, I think we can snag the middle pick and give us a top 20 chance plus our #30.
Jackets have good C depth already in top 9

Anisimov (Played great for them)
Johansen (Is there future and likely #2C next year)
Letestu (Perfect 3rd line C)

Old
06-30-2013, 12:53 PM
LandofLincoln*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Interesting on that Leddy to CAR for the #5 rumour that JJ is buzzing abot...It is well known that CAR GM Rutherford hates risking a high first on any dman at 18 yrs old..prefers dmen who are ready by having played in the nhl awhile..Leddy still young but can step right in...if Jones falls to #5 because 3 teams above want centres and Drouinis the other..it meams Stan gets a choice between EITHER Jones,Monohan,Barkov or Nicushkin depending on which one of the of the latter 3 centres remains..Would Stan take Jones orfinally solve the long term 2C problem by taking that remaining centre..I would not put Lindholm ahead of any of those 3 centres but if our scouts thik so then he too is a 2c possibility..but he is probably not ready to play now..probably another year in Sweden..Maybe the same if it is Barkov though he toreit up against men in the Sm-liga..My hunch is FLA takes Barkov at #2..that TB takes Monahan at #3...that Droin goes at #4..leaving Jones or Nicushkin at #5.. JONES PROBABLY IS NOT READY TO STEP IN...NEEDS ANOTHER YEAR IN jr....you do not want to rush 18 yr old dmen..could ruin them..easier for forwards that young if they have the body to take the hitting in the pro game..Nicushkin does have that and some think he could step in now..but
maybe Stan wants to delay the time to sart the 7 yrs to UFA countdown by a year and let him percolate in Jr. Now that he is free of any KHL contract obligatoon.. IF Barkov is the remaining one of the 3 then he too probably stays in Finland another year..Stan would not want to start the clock right away..But ditto for Jones plus he needsanother year because you cannot rush dmen that young.. SO WHAT WILL STAN DO IF HE PULLS OFF SUCH A DEALfor the #5? CAR already has 3 centres..so if Drouin gone they probably make this deal..though it will not be for Leddy straight up..some other roster player or prospect must be included. If it wereme I would take the 2C long term solution hope woth the one of those 3 centres who remain..I bypass Jones because either he never lives up to his promose as the best dman in this draft or he turns out only average or he does turn out as asoeciak elite d..If the latter then he will command huge $$$ and cap hit on his 2nd conyract causing us to get rid of him or some other high priced player at that time..Plus this draft is do deep we csn still get a good man and keep him cheaper and longer at pick #30 or a bit earlier in the 20s or early 2nd depending what they get back from a Bolland trade.. I know sounds crazy but while Jonrs may be the BPA on most lists even after McKinnon goes at #1 you would have the next 4 teams passing on such BPA for Need Position and in CHI s case future cap problem reasons..Whoever we plug in as that long term 2C solution probably costs us Less on that 2nd contract because while they may be the 2C solution they are not necrssarily franchise elite superstar level and by not playing PP we can manage their success a bit..If Jones is special we would be playing him top pair and not burying him or limiting his playoff minutes in 2 yrs like we did with Leddy..Still STAN may insyead be a creature of the marketing deot. And the BIGGEST SLASH POSSIBLE..you can see Stan justifyinh taking Jones as THE BPA as set by so many other scouting orgs..or hom telling us he was the top BPA on his list remaining..or that "we never thought he would be there" implying a steal of a franchise talent..and so much to make the marketing dept happier tham gambling on a Russkie who might later fly the coup bacl home to get more pay from the KHL if we do not meet his escalating demands on his next contract.. BUT IF IT IS MONAHAN or BARKOV instead and we pass on our big chamce to end that long term 2C problem and if they become star..not superstar but stars in the nhl. .then STAN probably goofed..cause if Jones is that GREAt he could demand Crazy $$$ on that 2nd contract and we will be up the creek in cap problems again..I do not thinl we need that headache..Tale the 2C opportunity when it FINALLY presents itsekf..In this case draft for NEED not for perceived BPA which may mot even turn out to the degree expected but if it does it will Cost you a lot more to retain ot.Is Hones a franchise dman? If not then do mot take him..ee need a 2C solution greater than an averagely good but not franchise guy..do not take a Jaybo if we finally get the long term 2C answer we crave...If he is a franchise dmam..we cannot afford him after his ELC.anyway..so why bother?
Good analysis next time break this up into 3 paragraphs my eyes are completely shot to pieces.

LandofLincoln* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Good analysis next time break this up into 3 paragraphs my eyes are completely shot to pieces.
Also...spelling and punctuation would be nice too.

Nothingman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Dr. Acula
Global Moderator

1 more hour. Come on.

Dr. Acula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Rimer saying Leddy is indeed on block

Old
06-30-2013, 01:06 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

For those in Toronto (or who otherwise have LeafsTV) they have live coverage right now.

Do the Blackhawks have their own tv station? maybe there is coverage on that.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
For those in Toronto (or who otherwise have LeafsTV) they have live coverage right now.

Do the Blackhawks have their own tv station? maybe there is coverage on that.
Hawks are minority owner in CSN Chicago (20%)

There is no draft coverage ,, NBC Sports is only place (Then NHL Network)