HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

D habs98 GM Game v6.3-TSN Panel's The Quiz- Free Agency+Draft Edition

View Poll Results: Who in your opinion deserved the Game Puck?
LatvianTwist (LT) 1 14.29%
DatsyukDangles (DD) 1 14.29%
JI123 (JI123) 3 42.86%
CoachBadKitten (CBK) 1 14.29%
HabsFannick (HFN) 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-30-2013, 12:21 AM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

vCash: 500
D habs98 GM Game v6.3-TSN Panel's The Quiz- Free Agency+Draft Edition

donghabs98: Who will go first overall?

DD: Seth Jones if the Avs don't trade the pick. I believe this is a brilliant ploy by Sakic to get the Panthers to move up and take Mackinnon. The Avs will take Jones if Florida doesn't trade for the pick.

LT: Nathan MacKinnon. Jones seems like the easy and obvious pick at #1, and while he would be a near perfect fit, this high you always have to go BPA. MacKinnon is not only a safer pick than Jones, but he also has the higher potential in my opinion. His offensive abilities and already elite all-around game put him over the top for me. Colorado can worry about their defense later - the draft is not the place to address that.

HFN: gotta be Nathan Mackinnon, the guys a star for sure BPA and a guy you can base a franchise on, although needs are important and Jones would be a smart pick I cant see the Avs passing on mac

JI123: Nathan Mackinnon. I don't believe this crap about Colorado bluffing. They obviously believe Mackinnon is the best player. They believe short-term and long term he will be the best for their organization. They believe they can get an NHL ready defenseman by trade, and who are we to argue? Mackinnon is a great player already, and is the BPA

CBK: Nathan MacKinnon- Avs seem very high on him and will take him if they keep No.1 but could see them trade down to select C Sasha Barkov

donghabs98: Who will be picked higher than most people think?

LT: One of the defenders, Darnell Nurse or Rasmus Ristolainen. Both have that incredibly high upside that teams look for in their top draftees, and I think at least one of them will end up sneaking into the top 6, behind the consensus top 4 picks of MacKinnon, Drouin, Jones, and Barkov.

HFN: I gotta go with hunter shinkaruk, one team will take a chance on him as the talent is there and he could be a great NHLer

CBK: Going to go with winger Valentin Zykov. This is a guy with immense skill and plays a big game, could definitely see a team like Phoenix or Columbus pump some offense into their system with this talented winger from Baie-Comeau.

DD: Sean Monahan and whoever the Flames take. Monahan has been rumored to be among several teams top 4. Feaster is Feaster, he will find a way to do unexpected.

JI123: Darnell Nurse. Carolina at number 5 is a huge wildcard, do they add one of the elite offensive players in this draft, or Nurse or Ristolainen. I am thinking they go for Nurse. A true, big shutdown D-man.

LT: Have to agree with HFN there as well, I also have Shinkaruk at #6 in my rankings and my mock draft. He doesn't get the hype he deserves.

donghabs98: Which prospect is likely to be drafted later than people think?

LT: Sean Monahan or Elias Lindholm, more than likely the latter. Teams have been shying away from Europeans recently, even the highly touted ones. We saw it with Filip Forsberg and Teuvo Teravainen last year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen with Lindholm this year.

DD: Valeri Nichuskin. With the undeserved bias towards non Russians, some teams might be weary of picking him so high. I could easily see him falling to the back end of the top 10, or even farther.

JI123: Nikita Zadorov. Many have him in the top 10-15, but I believe that teams can not resist the high-end offensive talent in this draft, along with Ristolainen and Nurse. Fucale is a G who could go high too. I see Zadorov dropping to the low 20s or high teens

HFN: Anthony Mantha, although he had a great year in the Q a lot of teams are scared about his attitude and how he plays. Don't be fooled by the big body hes a guy who doesnt play big. You cant question the skill, but a lot of teams will be afraid of his desire and work ethic

CBK: Anthony Mantha. The winger is getting lots of attention as a possible top 15 pick after a 50 goal year, but as HFN said, he has poor work ethic, along with a reportedly bad attitude.

donghabs98: Who is the best Free Agent available?

LT: Vincent Lecavalier is a head about the rest in terms of the FA crop this year. No one really compares to his skill level - he still possesses that elite talent from his 50 goal days, he simply can't put it all together after a drop in ice time and some injuries. Whatever team snags him, and it sounds like St. Louis and Dallas are the front runners, will be getting a still near-elite player, likely a #1 center.

DD: Nathan Horton. We've seen what he can do with his size, grit, and shot when healthy. He is going to get absolutely paid with this weak class of free agents.

JI123: Nathan Horton. He is a phyisical, large guy who can put the puck in the net. He is a bit injury prone but high-level power-forwards aren't available every day

HFN: Ive gotta go with Vinny, already a lot of teams asking about him, no real weaknesses, he isn't the allstar he once was but he will be a great addition to any team with problems down the middle

CBK: Aside from Vinny......... C Mike Ribiero an insanely skilled playmaker who had a great year on WSH, he will certainly attract some interest from teams like Toronto, Phoenix, Columbus

JI123: @CBK good honourable mention

LT: Elias is getting seriously underrated here. He's not the best, but he's definitely one of the top guys here.

donghabs98: Which team do you expect to be strong buyers come Free Agency?

LT: There'll be a lot of teams that are very active and interested in players once free agency opens. I think Dallas, if they get a GM, has the cap space and holes to be a really appealing place to go, but other teams like Vancouver might pull in a big name or two with their newly acquired cap space and holes down the middle.

DD: I believe the Blues will be really active in FA. New GM Produce has cleared out a lot of cap space and should be very active in free agency.

CBK: Gonna go with Anaheim because they have a bad GM that will surely overpay guys like PMB and Briere

HFN: as for free agency I see Ottawa or Dallas maybe the Avs will be the most active, teams in a good postion with a good core just needing those final pieces and lots of cap to burn

JI123: Vancouver. With LT looking to contend, and make up for rookie moves, he will vigorously chase anyone who has a chance of improving his hockey club.

donghabs98: Which UFA will sign the biggest contract?

LT: The best one - Lecavalier. I could see him getting 5+M for at least 4 years, probably more.

DD: Vincent Lecavalier. LT is looking to spend and has quite the pitched tent for the once great center.

CBK: Vinny for sure he will make Bank. Over 6 M

DD: Horton will be a close second. He is the best free agent available after all. Power forwards like him are few and far between.

JI123: Vinny Lecavalier. Teams will be lining up to get him. Expect a large bidding war for Vinny.

HFN: Vinny most likely hes a complete package but honorable mention to Horton who turned down a huge Chicago contract to test

JI123: Agree with Horton. Power forwards with his talent don't come without giving up assets often

donghabs98: If the game ended today who would be the Stanley Cup Champion?

DD: It's hard to say at this point. The Kings have made a lot of moves but I question Varlamov's ability to take them all the way.

LT: That's a tough one, dong. I'd have to go with Boston, simply due to the fact that I think they'd be out for revenge against Chicago. Los Angeles won't make it past the 2nd round with Scrivens as their #1 goaltender.

JI123: Have to echo DD. Goaltending is a huge issue for LA, but if they can find themselves a proven goaltender expect good things to happen. Honourable mentions to Pittsburgh, Boston, and Chicago. All three are very good.

DD: I don't see the Kings going far at all with Scrivens. While a superstar goalie isn't required, a goalie playing like one is.

HFN: I think this may change after free agency, but with the breaking news of 2 big trades I think the habs can surprise some people

CBK: I'm going with LA. I think a goalie like Steve Mason could be acquired by dangling Slava Voynov to Philly. That would push LA over the edge.

donghabs98: These last few games have seen many rookie GMs join. Who looks the most promising?

LT: MacTruck from the last game isn't really a new GM, but he shows some great promise if he keeps up with it. AJ, for as awful as he's been this game, has the potential to be one of the better GMs if he can get an understanding of value. 23:21

DD: The most promising new GM is AJ. While he does not have a great sense of value yet, he will learn that from the Ducks GM in his apprenticeship role. He's also one of the most active GMs already.

CBK: HFN by far. The Quebec team he made was full of young talent and one of the best rebuilds I have seen in a while.

HFN: knowing him from GMC games I know Horton (Chicago GM) is a great hockey mind

JI123: AJ is a promising guy. He's not afraid to make trades, and genuinely tries to make good hockey trades to improve his club. However, as LT said, he needs a sense of value

donghabs98: HFN for me has been one of the best. It's like he isn't even a rookie!

JI123: HFN is great too, yes

DD: I'm going to change my answer to HFN as well. He put together a great rebuild last game, and should only improve.

donghabs98: AJ will be a great GM once he learns about players value

LT: HFN has already managed to establish himself as a regular for me.

donghabs98: Which GM has performed the best so far in this game. Which has underperformed

Darren Helmet: Produce Man.

LT: Just looking at moves, it's Frol. But when you realize that most of those deals are from abusing new GMs, Produce runs away with this one.

DD: Produce has performed the best. He's done a great job on the rebuild in St. Louis and is a big favorite for the KLLR Cup.

CBK: Produce has performed the best

HFN: agreed produce

JI123: I'd have to say Produce. Great rebuild in St. Louis. Definitely favourite for the KLLR cup.

donghabs98: *who has underperformed?

JI123: It's hard to say who has underperformed

HFN: Id say my biggest underperformance although I really like the guy is my former assistant with the sens pyro, no real moves

LT: Viro doesn't make many moves, usually.

donghabs98: Who is the top powerforward prospect in the draft? Are any comparable to a Lucic?

LT: Nope.

DD: Max Domi seems to be quite the chunker.

JI123 (Aaron Ward-lite): I would say Mantha, but he doesn't play a power forward's game

JI123: Maybe Horvat, but he is more of a two-way centerman

JI123: None IMO are comparable to Lucic, that's for sure

CBK: I'd go Nichushkin

HFN: best powerforward id say maybe Rychel, possibly Gauthier or Zykov

JI123: Ryan Hartman is a good energy guy, and can hit and score, but a better comparison for him is a Ryan Callahan with a bit of a meanstreak. With all the talent and skill in this draft, I don't see a true power forward that could go high

LT: Zykov is a good answer.

HFN: Mike McCarron is the only one that maybe (and its a huge maybe) could be a lucic type

HFN: but i don't see it happening

JI123: Rychel is a good answer too

DD: Lucic types are pretty rare in the league these days. Boston is lucky to have him.

JI123: Hartman is only 5.11 though.

donghabs98: Well that's it guys. Thank you for all that watched the quiz and to our panelist

donghabs98: The Game Puck who goes to the panelist who performed the best goes to...

donghabs98: this is very tough

DD: gonna lol so hard if it goes to me

donghabs98: it's was between JI123 and LT

DD: JI tbh

donghabs98: it goes to JI123

donghabs98: Please join us next time for our Trade Deadline quiz

Last edited by How Ya Drouin: 06-30-2013 at 12:35 AM.
How Ya Drouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:24 AM
AnthonyJohnson

vCash:
Nice

Old
06-30-2013, 12:28 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

You missed a lot of the important banter.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:30 AM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Haha, if you want the world to see just link them to the page.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:32 AM
AnthonyJohnson

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Let's see

Old
06-30-2013, 12:35 AM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post
Let's see
One second, I'll give you some of the better stuff:

This before and after the power forward question:

donghabs98: next question

LT: DD, I hope you enjoy this going up your ass. *flicks DD off*

CBK: DD makes a solid point, for once.

Darren Helmet: Byr

DD: Compliment accepted, CBK.

donghabs98: who is the top powerforward prospect in the raf. Are any comparable to a Lucic

donghabs98: *draft

JI123 (Aaron Ward-lite): I would say Mantha, but he doesn't play a power forward's game

LT: Max Domi is 5'9" you dumb****.

JI123 (Aaron Ward-lite): Maybe Horvat, but he is more of a two-way centerman

CBK: Zach Fucale for sure.

JI123 (Aaron Ward-lite): None IMO are comparable to Lucic, that's for sure

LT: Matt Hunwick can really bang some bodies.

DD: As always, Pierre fails to see sarcasm.

donghabs98: legit answers please

Darren Helmet left this message:

Bye guys, I need to go and butt**** Bob McKenzie's daughter.

LT: haha what the ****

DD: Next question

LT: which of us is MacKenzie?

CBK: Gretzky's daughter>​>​>​

Old
06-30-2013, 12:56 AM
AnthonyJohnson

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JI123 View Post
One second, I'll give you some of the better stuff:

This before and after the power forward question:

donghabs98: next question

LT: DD, I hope you enjoy this going up your ass. *flicks DD off*

CBK: DD makes a solid point, for once.

Darren Helmet: Byr

DD: Compliment accepted, CBK.

donghabs98: who is the top powerforward prospect in the raf. Are any comparable to a Lucic

donghabs98: *draft

LT: Max Domi is 5'9" you dumb****.

JI123 (Aaron Ward-lite): Maybe Horvat, but he is more of a two-way centerman

CBK: Zach Fucale for sure.

JI123 (Aaron Ward-lite): None IMO are comparable to Lucic, that's for sure

LT: Matt Hunwick can really bang some bodies.

DD: As always, Pierre fails to see sarcasm.

donghabs98: legit answers please

Darren Helmet left this message:

Bye guys, I need to go and butt**** Bob McKenzie's daughter.

LT: haha what the ****

DD: Next question

LT: which of us is MacKenzie?

CBK: Gretzky's daughter>​>​>​

Who is this Darren Helmet character? He is absolutely revolting!
Bob McKenzie's daughter??!!! He took this way too far........

Old
06-30-2013, 12:58 AM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post
Who is this Darren Helmet character? He is absolutely revolting!
Bob McKenzie's daughter??!!! He took this way too far........
I know, we are having an incredibly difficult time deciphering his identity