HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Schneider is in play for Trade Discussion - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 04:01 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
I agree with your points and stuff.

But Imagine a line with Jensen and Nichushkin on it, that was be insane. *drools*
If both were to pan out, we could be looking at the lite versions of Jagr and Bure. Now that's how you Detroit it.

Quote:
In a way I would kinda rather hold onto our pick and just keep Booth. Cammalleri is good but we have a chance with this pick to add something really important going forward, and Booth is good enough for our team IMO, Cammalleri is better but Booth is still fine.
Problem is we cannot afford Booth. I tried fitting him in prior to defaulting back to the Cammalleri trade. Gagner is simply going to command enough that guarantees Booth has to be dealt, even if he signed at $3.5M. If we get Keflbom, then we can keep Booth and I would use Ballard to make the Cammy deal.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Cammalleri - Kesler - Burrows
Nichushkin - Schroeder - Booth
Higgins - Lapiere - Hansen

Edler - Garrison
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Keflbom - Tanev
Corrado

In this scenario we could end up with Edmonton's second. So giving up our first really wouldn't hurt much.

Old
06-30-2013, 04:06 AM
Sergei Shirokov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
If both were to pan out, we could be looking at the lite versions of Jagr and Bure. Now that's how you Detroit it.

Problem is we cannot afford Booth. I tried fitting him in prior to defaulting back to the Cammalleri trade. Gagner is simply going to command enough that guarantees Booth has to be dealt, even if he signed at $3.5M. If we get Keflbom, then we can keep Booth and I would use Ballard to make the Cammy deal.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Cammalleri - Kesler - Burrows
Nichushkin - Schroeder - Booth
Higgins - Lapiere - Hansen

Edler - Garrison
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Keflbom - Tanev
Corrado

In this scenario we could end up with Edmonton's second. So giving up our first really wouldn't hurt much.
Good point on the end about EDM's 2nd, I didn't think about that. If we get the 2nd then I would really consider it.

Old
06-30-2013, 04:08 AM
Verviticus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
Again, how do you figure we can trade Booth and have someone pick up his entire contract, and at the same time think that Calgary will pick up half of the contract of a much superior player in Cammalleri? Doesn't make sense.
you are working on a warped and narrow scale if cammalleri you think he's a significant upgrade on booth

Old
06-30-2013, 04:17 AM
MS

Quote:
Seriously?

This is the sort of crazy talk that seems to happen every year on this board in June.

If Jensen develops into a good 2nd line winger who scores 25 goals/season, that would be a great result. He's a good-but-not-great prospect who needs AHL seasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verviticus View Post
you are working on a warped and narrow scale if cammalleri you think he's a significant upgrade on booth
He's outscored Booth in every year both have been in the NHL, usually by 20+ points. Neither is terribly good defensively. Cammalleri has been a playoff beast, Booth has never scored a playoff goal. So yeah Cammalleri is better.

Old
06-30-2013, 04:21 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:

He's outscored Booth in every year both have been in the NHL, usually by 20+ points. Neither is terribly good defensively. Cammalleri has been a playoff beast, Booth has never scored a playoff goal. So yeah Cammalleri is better.
In fairness, Cammalleri is a worse possession player. His impact on the game is points, and people doing the rest of the heavy lifting. Meanwhile, Booth creates shots on his own, and is a presence around the net.

Cammalleri is the better player, but much better? I wouldn't say that.

Old
06-30-2013, 04:31 AM
Win One Before I Die
Former Booth Fan

Trade Both goalies and go with Lack or the new guy we just signed.

Old
06-30-2013, 04:34 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Good point on the end about EDM's 2nd, I didn't think about that. If we get the 2nd then I would really consider it.
Here is my method of madness. We got the Gagner route, get Cammalleri and use that second to draft Subban.

Bit of a gamble taking him so high, but I doubt he's there when we pick in the third round. There are a few other defense options, so hard to be disappointed though.

Quote:
Seriously?

This is the sort of crazy talk that seems to happen every year on this board in June.

If Jensen develops into a good 2nd line winger who scores 25 goals/season, that would be a great result. He's a good-but-not-great prospect who needs AHL seasoning.
Hence why I said "lite." It is an intentionally vague term to suggest while their game may be similar, one (Jensen) is not likely anywhere near as talented. The comparison, however mild, comes because Jensen has modelled his game after Jagr's. Do I expect him to be a 90 point forward? No. Just a similar style of play.

Old
06-30-2013, 04:45 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Here is my method of madness. We got the Gagner route, get Cammalleri and use that second to draft Subban.

Bit of a gamble taking him so high, but I doubt he's there when we pick in the third round. There are a few other defense options, so hard to be disappointed though.

Hence why I said "lite." It is an intentionally vague term to suggest while their game may be similar, one (Jensen) is not likely anywhere near as talented. The comparison, however mild, comes because Jensen has modelled his game after Jagr's. Do I expect him to be a 90 point forward? No. Just a similar style of play.
I think there are better players available at 37 than Subban, I mean like 1st rounder worthy players, I'm not awfully high on him, though I do like him, maybe we can move up with our 3rd+ later on.

Old
06-30-2013, 05:13 AM
sticknrink

Moving Schneider instead of Lou would be the dumbest, by far, the dumbest thing this team would have ever done.

Loungo can't play in Vancouver anymore. If he's the starter he'll get torched by the media and fans for the first bad game he plays, and he'll sulk and pout and his performance will collapse. He only played well in the playoffs because he wasn't the go-to guy.

Yes he's hard to move, but move him.

I really want Gillis fired as well now. He's becoming very erratic.

Old
06-30-2013, 05:30 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
I am so stoked about today. Canucks have a chance to remake the team today. With Tortorella's input, they can build the team they want! I don't think it will be what we expect. I think there are too many wild cards in play to make any guesses about player acquisitions. There are some names being mentioned that are shocking, Schneider's among them.

I think there is going to be some surprise surgery on the defense. I do not profess to know who, but I think at least one large contract must be taken away and Tanev has to sign for less than the top four are getting.

Canucks may not add to their top six pool. Booth and Kassian in the top six is acceptable size. A line with Burrows, Kesler and Hansen would function well, I think, in theory. I hope Kassian gets a long look at RW with the twins. He might keep the job, this season?

The bottom six, outside of Sestito are a mystery. I guess Higgins slots in at third line LW? Tortorella sort of gets to design his own bottom six. I had hoped Lapierre would be back. I think a fourth line with Lapierre between Sestito and Guance would be good. I doubt Lapierre is signed, though. I think they might go with a few rookies next season. They said they were going to develop players on the roster. I imagine Guance has to look very out of place to miss the roster, Jensen, too.

The really gaping hole is third line center. Unless they want to go with two rookie centers, they have to find another center. Even if a defenseman, let's say Ballard, is traded and Schneider goes, too, there isn't very much money left for a center. They must be counting on return from a trade? I'd have signed Lapierre by now, personally, but the team does not seem to agree. I hope they don't let everybody sign elsewhere before they get going, again.

Old
06-30-2013, 05:33 AM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknrink View Post
Moving Schneider instead of Lou would be the dumbest, by far, the dumbest thing this team would have ever done.

Loungo can't play in Vancouver anymore. If he's the starter he'll get torched by the media and fans for the first bad game he plays, and he'll sulk and pout and his performance will collapse. He only played well in the playoffs because he wasn't the go-to guy.

You won't have to wait. I think MG will have to quit pretty soon if he has to keep working under these conditions. Aquilini forbidding buyouts of any kind has forced this whole scenario down this narrow path.

If Luongo is still on the team next year, it's not because he's hard to move, it's because he's impossible to move.

I'm dreading today and am preparing **** to hit the fan in the worst way.

Last edited by Wisp: 06-30-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Old
06-30-2013, 05:39 AM
Wisp

One thing for sure is ownership has effectively shut the window for this core. Let the rebuild commence. It starts today.

Old
06-30-2013, 06:11 AM
carolinacanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknrink View Post

Disagree. The same thing will be said about Schneider when he has his first bad game.....'ooooh, we should have kept Luongo.'

If Gillis can pull off the Schneider trade and bring back some good assets, and Luongo has agreed he'll stay, this is a win-win for the Canucks.

I'll be back on the Gillis bandwagon if can make this happen. And props to Luongo if he's agreed to stay, maybe he realized this whole thing was started by AV.

I'd be ecstatic if he moves Schneider and Edler.

Old
06-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Fa Ci La

I mean, the dumb thing was the way we handled this when it all started. We should have stood firm and said Lu's our man, but we crumbled and tried to trade the wrong guy. Gillis possibly coming to his senses is a good thing .....and Lu gets torched everytime he plays a bad game anyway so that's just business as usual

Old
06-30-2013, 06:23 AM
BOLD MacT Trade
GoldMoldisMacTBold

Either way Vancouver is going to have a great goalie so it's a win-win for them no matter what happens.

Old
06-30-2013, 06:35 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilersDynasty2012 View Post
Either way Vancouver is going to have a great goalie so it's a win-win for them no matter what happens.
.............and if midnight tonight we have both goalies on our roster and the fw and D unit look the same as they do right now? I have the nagging feeling that while the fans are talking about huge trades and the media is stroking this; GMS are not doing as much talking as we think

Old
06-30-2013, 06:56 AM
BOLD MacT Trade
GoldMoldisMacTBold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck View Post
.............and if midnight tonight we have both goalies on our roster and the fw and D unit look the same as they do right now? I have the nagging feeling that while the fans are talking about huge trades and the media is stroking this; GMS are not doing as much talking as we think
Your probably right but if Vancouver still has both goalies by the end of the summer Gillis is probably gone and he knows it. This situation has to be solved one way or another.

Old
06-30-2013, 07:01 AM
Yossarian54

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrazycanuck View Post
It sure will be fun on HF if nothing changes tonight. Buyout period ends on July 4 at 5pm ET. Anyone being bought out needs to go on waivers 24 hours prior (I think), so that is probably the hard deadline for panic, not tonight.

Old
06-30-2013, 07:17 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Relax guys. Situations fluid. Theres a process.

Old
06-30-2013, 07:38 AM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Relax guys. Situations fluid. Theres a process.
They have a unique opportunity here.

Old
06-30-2013, 07:57 AM
DJOpus

Schneider and Rask are tied for the best career save% for any goalie having played more than 80 games.

Are we sure we want to trade that? (even if it's for Gagner + 7th overall)

Old
06-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
Schneider and Rask are tied for the best career save% for any goalie having played more than 80 games.

When the alternative is buyout Luongo and get nothing? Yes.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:12 AM
Bleach Clean

Wow has this ever soured people on Gillis.

To me, there will be a certain tipping point, but I'm not there yet. Wait and see approach.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:12 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
When the alternative is buyout Luongo and get nothing? Yes.
And then you're stuck with a guy who may not want to be in Van for long term (family etc) and who you've just had a tumultuous relationship with the past year (backed CS as the #1, multiple public attempts to trade). Not to mention someone on the back end of their career.

That in itself is a risk.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:13 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post

No, we are not sure. Or at least some of us aren't. Trading Schneider is still to my mind, losing the better player.

Closed Thread