HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nsh - col

Old
06-30-2013, 01:52 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Tell me you're joking.

OP kills the Avs though.
Why would I?

Stastny still is a #1b / #2a Center to me. I would certainly see him ahead of Wilson in your depth chart and defacto make him the #1 (#2 if you get Barkov)
McGinn is underrated and should be a perenial 20 goal scorer going forward and Elliott has plenty of upside.

All that for basically Josi (who should be a good #2 D going forward) is not that bad of an offer IMO. Gaustad could be removed if we are allowed to substract some value as well...
We are talking Josi not Weber. I see why you would not want to do it but I don't see how it is horrible.
Certainly not close to the awful OP...

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Infinite Jest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
McGinn and Elliott are also in this deal, you'd be saying no to Josi if those three were on your team, regardless of how much I like Josi.

I still think Stastny for Klein + something around a 2nd rounder in value is fair for both teams.
Not for Nashville. Klein is a good #3 D-man on a below market value 5 year contract. Stastny is a good second line center on an awful contract that expires at the end of next season no less. The Preds would not be the ones adding.

Infinite Jest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
Not for Nashville. Klein is a good #3 D-man on a below market value 5 year contract. Stastny is a good second line center on an awful contract that expires at the end of next season no less. The Preds would not be the ones adding.
And what do you expect him to go for, peanuts? I'm not asking for even Josi, I'm asking for a 2nd pairing defender for a guy that would be your #1 center and fit in perfectly in Nashville. If Preds fans can't part with Klein to get Stastny, they might as well not get their hopes up he's moved to Nashville with some of the threads we've seen where Preds fans want him.

Putting it into perspective, if he didn't miss any games this season he likely would have been your leading forward scorer, while playing on the third line of a club that scored as poorly as Nashville, despite playing with subpar wingers here, a terrible coach AND on a so called downward slope. So if Stastny at his worst is one of your best, would it not then seem plausible that played in an offensive role with your best wingers he is worth your #3 defender?

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Infinite Jest

19+ minutes per game is not 3rd line ice time... By comparison, both Legwand and Fisher have played a similar amount of time per game and put up similar numbers. In fact, in 11-12, Legwand had less average ice time, played more on the PK, and played in one less game than Stastny, yet they scored the same amount of points. Mike Fisher played in 7 fewer games , had more PK time, and scored 2 more goals while having only 2 fewer total points. Let's not pretend that either of them had top flight wingers either.

Stastny isn't the savior of Nashville that you make him out to be, not in his current form anyway, he's just more of the same.

Infinite Jest is offline   Reply With Quote