HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Schneider is in play for Trade Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2013, 09:24 AM
  #1
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,600
vCash: 50
Cory Schneider is in play for Trade Discussion

As per Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger:

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1h
It's getting interesting. 2 sources say Corey Schneider is in play. 1st and a prospect part of asking price. Suspect Oilers in on talks.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1h
As per @DarrenDreger, VAN G Cory Schneider is in play and EDM is reportedly one of the teams interested.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1h
Schneider news might simply be a back-up plan (no pun intended)...if they're unable to move Luongo. Check what other asset is worth.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
That last bit makes far too much sense.

Anyway...have at it!

__________________
Please visit my Official Facebook Page Mike Forward Writing for information on current and future releases.
Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:27 AM
  #2
Nuckles
Bim Jenning
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,926
vCash: 50


Gillis should write a "how to _____ for dummies" book regarding goalie controversies.

__________________
Richer's Ghost made my avatar

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Nuckles is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:28 AM
  #3
John Bender*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles View Post


Gillis should write a "how to _____ for dummies" book regarding goalie controversies.
No, he should read one.

John Bender* is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:28 AM
  #4
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,600
vCash: 50
The idea of Schneider suiting up for Edmonton (or Luongo for that matter) makes me feel ill. If they are indeed in on the talks, I hope Gillis is able to get a strong package in return. A 1st and a prospect are part of the asking price. One would assume a roster player would be as well.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:30 AM
  #5
John Bender*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
The idea of Schneider suiting up for Edmonton (or Luongo for that matter) makes me feel ill. If they are indeed in on the talks, I hope Gillis is able to get a strong package in return. A 1st and a prospect are part of the asking price. One would assume a roster player would be as well.
One of the big 4. Seriously. You have to overpay to make vancouver stomach trading him to a team that is such a rival and that they play so often.

John Bender* is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:30 AM
  #6
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.
 
VeteranNetPresence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,517
vCash: 500
i would seriously rather they buyout luongo and get nothing in return than give edmonton a goalie for some mediocre return

and i'm not kidding. i don't care how irrational that sounds

VeteranNetPresence is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:31 AM
  #7
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,600
vCash: 50
Additionally - one would assume that the Canucks could only be entertaining this notion if they had spoken to Luongo and ascertained that he would be willing to stay on as a No. 1 if Schneider were dealt instead.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:31 AM
  #8
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,298
vCash: 50
If we get rid of Cory I swear to god I'm going to punch babies.

Keeping Luongo at this point after the "I would tear up my contract if I could" ******** is on the same ****ery level as losing Pavel and signing Messier.

Like **** off just buy Luongo out Aquaman before you make the biggest mistake of your ownership tenure.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:33 AM
  #9
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 10,713
vCash: 50
So if we can't move Luongo we need to move Schneider?

That's like saying "Since I can't sell this 1995 Honda Civic, I should sell off the new Lexus IS 200 I just bought like two years ago for a higher price."

Wilch is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:34 AM
  #10
John Bender*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
i would seriously rather they buyout luongo and get nothing in return than give edmonton a goalie for some mediocre return

and i'm not kidding. i don't care how irrational that sounds
Edmonton fans are willing to give a 2nd rounder or maybe the 22nd pick. They cite his performance against San Jose. **** them.

John Bender* is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:35 AM
  #11
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,600
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Edmonton fans are willing to give a 2nd rounder or maybe the 22nd pick. They cite his performance against San Jose. **** them.
I'd laugh, but I remember a lot of laughter at offered returns for Luongo last summer.

Honestly, I don't feel 100% confident in Gillis at this stage. I have a lot of questions about this whole thing.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:36 AM
  #12
luongo321
Registered User
 
luongo321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,058
vCash: 50
I was so pissed off when they traded coho at the trade deadline. They should have sucked it up and traded coho and schneids in a package at the end of that 11/12 season. That would have been a massive return.

luongo321 is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:36 AM
  #13
Nash
Registered User
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,941
vCash: 500
Oh great, another baseless Dreger trolling of Vancouver. To Edmonton you say. Yes that makes sense. We are each others favorite trading partners.

Nash is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:37 AM
  #14
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 10,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
The idea of Schneider suiting up for Edmonton (or Luongo for that matter) makes me feel ill. If they are indeed in on the talks, I hope Gillis is able to get a strong package in return. A 1st and a prospect are part of the asking price. One would assume a roster player would be as well.
Yakupov and the 7th OA this year is the minimum.

And I'm sure the Oiler fans won't entertain that idea, so I can see this thread being invaded shortly and infractions handed out subsequently.

Wilch is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:37 AM
  #15
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,600
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
So if we can't move Luongo we need to move Schneider?

That's like saying "Since I can't sell this 1995 Honda Civic, I should sell off the new Lexus IS 200 I just bought like two years ago for a higher price."
Luongo is not a 1995 Civic. Contracts excluded, both he and Schneider are excellent goaltenders. The thing that makes Schneider more appealing in that regard is his age. But if we can deal one of them for a strong return that helps our team, I don't think we're that much worse off retaining the other as our goaltender, whoever it may be.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:38 AM
  #16
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Yakupov and the 7th OA this year is the minimum.

And I'm sure the Oiler fans won't entertain that idea, so I can see this thread being invaded shortly and infractions handed out subsequently.
Pretty much.

I've never had more irrational hatred for Luongo than I do now.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:38 AM
  #17
ddawg1950
Registered User
 
ddawg1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
i would seriously rather they buyout luongo and get nothing in return than give edmonton a goalie for some mediocre return

and i'm not kidding. i don't care how irrational that sounds
Does not sound irrational at all.

If we were to move Corey to the Oil, and fnally give them quality galtending, I want a roster player ((not Horcoff), a 1st rounder and good prospect.

ddawg1950 is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:39 AM
  #18
Nash
Registered User
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Luongo is not a 1995 Civic. Contracts excluded, both he and Schneider are excellent goaltenders. The thing that makes Schneider more appealing in that regard is his age. But if we can deal one of them for a strong return that helps our team, I don't think we're that much worse off retaining the other as our goaltender, whoever it may be.
I agree. I want the best return. I'm comfortable with Luongo. He might even be better with a coach who doesn't leave him in for 8 against to tarnish his image.

Nash is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:39 AM
  #19
John Bender*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Oh great, another baseless Dreger trolling of Vancouver. To Edmonton you say. Yes that makes sense. We are each others favorite trading partners.
Say what you want about dreger, bug he does not float baseless reports. I am hoping that gillis is intentionally floating this out there to try and prop up luongo return. I do worry that maybe aqualung has become involved and that money may be a driving factor though

John Bender* is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:40 AM
  #20
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Luongo is not a 1995 Civic. Contracts excluded, both he and Schneider are excellent goaltenders. The thing that makes Schneider more appealing in that regard is his age. But if we can deal one of them for a strong return that helps our team, I don't think we're that much worse off retaining the other as our goaltender, whoever it may be.
The difference in return is not great enough to make up for the downgrade for us. Yeah Luongo was a ****ing stud but Cory is younger, more talented and has a better contract now.

I will lose all faith in Gillis if he moves Schneider for a late ****ing first that won't help us for another 3 years and some tweener prospect like MPS.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:40 AM
  #21
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 10,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Luongo is not a 1995 Civic. Contracts excluded, both he and Schneider are excellent goaltenders. The thing that makes Schneider more appealing in that regard is his age. But if we can deal one of them for a strong return that helps our team, I don't think we're that much worse off retaining the other as our goaltender, whoever it may be.
I think Schneider has been the better player here. My analogy is an exaggeration, but you get the point.

As I've mentioned in my other post, this year's 1st and an impact player on ELC will be the minimum requirement if I was Gillis.

That player on ELC is either RNH or Yakupov. Since their center depth sucks, it won't be RNH.

Wilch is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:40 AM
  #22
John Bender*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post
Does not sound irrational at all.

If we were to move Corey to the Oil, and fnally give them quality galtending, I want a roster player ((not Horcoff), a 1st rounder and good prospect.
Justin Schultz and the number 7.

John Bender* is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:41 AM
  #23
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.
 
VeteranNetPresence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,517
vCash: 500
doesn't pittsburgh need a goalie? i know they have some cap problems but surely edmonton can't be the only team interested

VeteranNetPresence is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:41 AM
  #24
John Bender*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
The difference in return is not great enough to make up for the downgrade for us. Yeah Luongo was a ****ing stud but Cory is younger, more talented and has a better contract now.

I will lose all faith in Gillis if he moves Schneider for a late ****ing first that won't help us for another 3 years and some tweener prospect like MPS.
Ill be done as a fan until gillis is gone.

John Bender* is offline  
Old
06-29-2013, 09:42 AM
  #25
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.
 
thepuckmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
doesn't pittsburgh need a goalie? i know they have some cap problems but surely edmonton can't be the only team interested
Letang or GTFO. I'm not even kidding.

thepuckmonster is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.