HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Alex Kadeykin vs Jiri Sekac

Old
07-01-2014, 09:18 PM
JAVO16

vCash: 500
Alex Kadeykin vs Jiri Sekac

Both young guys that put good points in the KHL this year either leading their team or close to the scoring lead. Who's the better player right now and who has the brighter future ?

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 10:11 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Both young guys that put good points in the KHL this year either leading their team or close to the scoring lead. Who's the better player right now and who has the brighter future ?
Tthey are so different, we are basically talking about comparing Dainius Zubrus and poor man's Marcel Hossa. So I doubt any of these questions can be answered since well, they are just too different and their value lies in different places. Kadeykin is a late bloomer, too.

Unlike Sekac, Kadeykin brings size, the guy is huge, so that's a big advantage. At the same time, I think it's much more likely Sekac will turn into a top-6 forward so here we go, their value lies in team's priorities.

Sekac is undoubtedly more NHL-ready, so I guess it means he's the better player at the moment. Canadiens got the player who will most likely be on their roster next fall, Red Wings gambled late round pick for a guy who may never play a game for them.

P.S. Don't read into the comparisons too much, they are not that similar to Zubrus and Hossa.

Last edited by SoundAndFury: 07-01-2014 at 10:17 PM.
SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 08:14 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
I think kadeykin (if moves) will be a steal for Detroit. He isn't a late bloomer, the only reason he was bypassed by wjc is the injury.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 11:30 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I think kadeykin (if moves) will be a steal for Detroit. He isn't a late bloomer, the only reason he was bypassed by wjc is the injury.
Well, someone like Yakimov - a pretty similar player with a pretty similar upside - has played for U18 team when he was 16 and generally, achieved all feats at least a year or so earlier. Kadeykin is someone whose size delayed his maturing as a hockey player rather than quickened it. So to me, that's a late bloomer.

At the end of the day, it's not that important though.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote