HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jackets interested in Perron, Seguin?

Old
06-29-2013, 10:55 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

vCash: 500
I'd rather trade Jenner and 14 than Jenner and Murray. Hell, I'd rather trade two first rounders and Jenner than Murray.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:04 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
I'd rather trade Jenner and 14 than Jenner and Murray. Hell, I'd rather trade two first rounders and Jenner than Murray.
Not me, I would rather keep Jenner, and ship Murray, its called balancing your portfolio. Especially for a Seguin

jacks johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:08 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

NHL crawls with Murrays and Jenners, not too many Seguin type potential players.

I love Boone, but Seguin is wow

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
Agreed, Murray is a STUD. Hell trade Johan 14 and 27. I want to keep both Jenner and Murray

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:16 PM
RDriesenUD

I really like Jenner, but I find it funny how some would rather trade Johansen than him.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:17 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Would be awkward given Jenner is scheduled to be at the draft party.

Hey can I have your auto...where you going?

If we are trading Johansen +, Murray +, or any combination thereof it had better be for a guy who will impact this franchise like Nash did.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:18 PM
topscot78

Don't see less than Murray plus getting it done from a Bruins perspective. They a tight on cap, $5m left, with Rask to get resigned, Ference, Horton, Jagr, and Daugavins too. Murray was not playing last season and our D was our biggest strength. If we got a player like Seguin back I would be willing to give up a pretty decent amount to get him.

$5.75m for Seguin is a hefty contract. Nice season this year with 67 pts in 81 games and he has a lot of potential to a PPG 1C and is still only 21 years old. Those guys are not traded for a bag of pucks and a Steve Mason jersey.

topscot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:19 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
I really like Jenner, but I find it funny how some would rather trade Johansen than him.
It's based on if we get Seguin because eventually we are gonna run into what Boston is in now. 3 quality centers that all need ice time and 1 will have to go. Jenner is more of a prototypical 3rd liner and Johansen should net a pretty decent return. Thats my approach to it

stevo61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
How about
Murray + Jenner for Seguin
Replace "Seguin" with "Kessel" and "Murray + Jenner" with "Hamilton + Seguin", and you've just repeated Burke's Blunder.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:25 PM
topscot78

Thoughts guys?

Assume we trade for Seguin, without giving up Joey. Murray ++ for example

Seguin, Anisimov, Joey, Dubinsky and Jenner are all top 6 (potentially in Jenner's case) centers. Does that make deal for Perron involving Joey any more palatable knowing you have Seguin and Anisimov locked up as the teams top 2 centers?

Perron - Seguin - Gaborik is a very tasty looking top line

topscot78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:27 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscot78 View Post
Don't see less than Murray plus getting it done from a Bruins perspective. They a tight on cap, $5m left, with Rask to get resigned, Ference, Horton, Jagr, and Daugavins too. Murray was not playing last season and our D was our biggest strength. If we got a player like Seguin back I would be willing to give up a pretty decent amount to get him.

$5.75m for Seguin is a hefty contract. Nice season this year with 67 pts in 81 games and he has a lot of potential to a PPG 1C and is still only 21 years old. Those guys are not traded for a bag of pucks and a Steve Mason jersey.
I get what you're saying about cap hits and all, but Murray's cap hit carries a value of $3.494 million. Truth be told, that doesn't give them very much additional cap space, especially considering that they wouldn't be getting another forward to play in their lineup and replace Seguin right away. Jenner might be ready, but I don't think he gives them enough punch to replace a Seguin.

I have to think it would need to be centered around Johansen, who could play a similar role with Boston to that of Seguin. I would think Johansen, 14, 27, and potentially another pick/prospect thrown in.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

According to Elliotte Friedman, the Bruins are looking for a top-10 pick in any deal for Seguin. That may eliminate us ... or force us to vastly overpay.

Old
06-29-2013, 11:32 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
NHL crawls with Murrays and Jenners, not too many Seguin type potential players.

I love Boone, but Seguin is wow
Jenners yes. Murrays no.

Either way, I do not like this proposal. I think Seguin is getting too much "but he was possibly better than Taylor Hall" benefit of the doubt here. Murray might be getting the same, but Murray still has a chance to prove the doubters wrong. Meanwhile, Seguin has yet to look like anything more than yet another #2C - useful, but for G-d's sake nowhere near worth THAT.

I'd rather look into the Lecavalier sweepstakes.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
According to Elliotte Friedman, the Bruins are looking for a top-10 pick in any deal for Seguin. That may eliminate us ... or force us to vastly overpay.
Personally, I don't think Seguin's actually on the block at all. I think Boston is going fishing to find someone dopey enough to cough up a package like Jenner and Murray to get him.

Besides, we're supposed to listen to all this stuff about Johansen's "maturity"...wasn't Seguin the one who lived in squalor in Switzerland?

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:47 PM
blahblah

We can say whatever we want about Seguin. However, he does one thing very well. He gets about 3 or 4 puck on net per game. That means you have a future 30+ goal scorer on hand and he's 21. I'm not really much of a fan of his, but that is something the Jackets are looking for.

Perron really doesn't do much for me.

Frankly, I'm a bit tired of listening to some people's view(s) on Jenner. I want him the lineup over the next 2-3 years to shut some of you guys up.

I am nervous about Murray until I see him do something.

I do not endorse the trade as suggested, but I would understand it if they made it. Only a few hours to go until these questions start to get answered.

Last edited by blahblah: 06-29-2013 at 11:52 PM.
blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Personally, I don't think Seguin's actually on the block at all. I think Boston is going fishing to find someone dopey enough to cough up a package like Jenner and Murray to get him.

Besides, we're supposed to listen to all this stuff about Johansen's "maturity"...wasn't Seguin the one who lived in squalor in Switzerland?
I never typically believe rumors until I see them actually take substance. Personally, I don't think Ryan Murray is going anywhere in the near future ... I think he's being groomed as the next "face of the franchise", and has all of the tools of being a cornerstone building block for the next 10+ years. To trade him before he even steps onto NHL ice - regardless of the return - has to be considered a head scratcher.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:09 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

I find it interesting that according to reliable sources that if Yakupov, and Murray were 2013 eligible instead of 2012, that they see them going in the 8-12 area. Pretty much shows how weak the draft was last year compared to this year

Old
06-30-2013, 12:23 AM
Nanabijou
Booooooooooone

There's a few of us here, but put me the group that thinks the reported deals for Seguin would hurt us more than help.

He's a good player but he was invisible for most of the playoffs. Not only are we going to pay him almost 6 million a year, but we are going to sell the farm (Murray, Jenner plus) to get him?
I agree with Mayor that this is sounding alot like the Kessel deal.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:27 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
There's a few of us here, but put me the group that thinks the reported deals for Seguin would hurt us more than help.

He's a good player but he was invisible for most of the playoffs. Not only are we going to pay him almost 6 million a year, but we are going to sell the farm (Murray, Jenner plus) to get him?
If 'the farm' is a 3rd line center with offensive upside and a 2nd pairing defenseman who can play in all situations, we have bigger problems.

If we trade for Seguin using that package (which won't happen), we could literally draft anything we wanted with our 3 firsts, it weakens our pool pretty badly, but with 3 firsts and a mid 2nd, it can easily be replenished later that day.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
I find it interesting that according to reliable sources that if Yakupov, and Murray were 2013 eligible instead of 2012, that they see them going in the 8-12 area. Pretty much shows how weak the draft was last year compared to this year
I consider myself an "armchair expert" ...

I would put Yakupov and Murray in the 5-6 range of this draft. Slightly below the big 4, slightly above Lindholm and Monahan. I think putting them lower than that may be a "shiny new toy" ideology, but that may just be me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post

I wouldn't call him invisible in the playoffs - he definitely had his chances. But, I do agree that this is very similar to the Kessel deal, and would be a step back for us if the assets going the other way were that big.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:30 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
If 'the farm' is a 3rd line center with offensive upside and a 2nd pairing defenseman who can play in all situations, we have bigger problems.

If we trade for Seguin using that package (which won't happen), we could literally draft anything we wanted with our 3 firsts, it weakens our pool pretty badly, but with 3 firsts and a mid 2nd, it can easily be replenished later that day.
I'm confused, which third line center and second pairing defenseman are we discussing?

Old
06-30-2013, 12:43 AM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

What I find comical:

We trade our underachieving superstar, get rid of some dead weight, and finally bring in some solid assets in guys like Murray, Jenner, and the three first round picks ... which now everyone can't wait to get rid of to bring back another superstar ... in the case of Seguin and Ryan, guys who are known to take things at half speed from time to time.

Irony.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:17 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo61 View Post
It's based on if we get Seguin because eventually we are gonna run into what Boston is in now. 3 quality centers that all need ice time and 1 will have to go. Jenner is more of a prototypical 3rd liner and Johansen should net a pretty decent return. Thats my approach to it
Johansen has already proven he can play that role and has more potential. It is very simple. RIGHT NOW, Johansen is better. I just find it funny people would rather trade Johansen. I have no problem if you are willing to trade him, but I don't understand wanting to trade him over Jenner. Jenner may end up being better, but we already know Johansen can play in the NHL.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:19 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by topscot78 View Post
Thoughts guys?

Assume we trade for Seguin, without giving up Joey. Murray ++ for example

Seguin, Anisimov, Joey, Dubinsky and Jenner are all top 6 (potentially in Jenner's case) centers. Does that make deal for Perron involving Joey any more palatable knowing you have Seguin and Anisimov locked up as the teams top 2 centers?

Perron - Seguin - Gaborik is a very tasty looking top line
I wouldn't trade for Perron. I would rather move a few of those centers to LW or RW.

Old
06-30-2013, 01:21 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I never typically believe rumors until I see them actually take substance. Personally, I don't think Ryan Murray is going anywhere in the near future ... I think he's being groomed as the next "face of the franchise", and has all of the tools of being a cornerstone building block for the next 10+ years. To trade him before he even steps onto NHL ice - regardless of the return - has to be considered a head scratcher.
I disagree. You are saying you wouldn't trade a player who has never played in the NHL for a 1st line C or 1st pairing D? That doesn't make sense.