HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Jonathan Drouin Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2013, 01:10 PM
MikeyP

vCash: 500
Hey guys. Halifax Mooseheads fan here - instant Tampa fan since they picked Drouin in the draft so I have been lurking for some time.

I am naturally disappointed for Jo but the decision makes a lot of sense... and selfishly we could certainly use him here in Moose Country as we basically lost our whole first/pp offensive line.

The discussion about keeping tabs on his Q-league games led me to finally register.

Watched him mostly from the upper bowl last year but I scored season tickets 5 rows from the ice (next to the team bench) for this year. I can report on all home games if anyone is interested.

They are still finding their footing with 10-11 new guys so integrating Drouin will probably take a little bit of time but I am pretty confident they will figure things out quickly.

Mike

Old
10-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Alivesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyP View Post
Hey guys. Halifax Mooseheads fan here - instant Tampa fan since they picked Drouin in the draft so I have been lurking for some time.

I am naturally disappointed for Jo but the decision makes a lot of sense... and selfishly we could certainly use him here in Moose Country as we basically lost our whole first/pp offensive line.

The discussion about keeping tabs on his Q-league games led me to finally register.

Watched him mostly from the upper bowl last year but I scored season tickets 5 rows from the ice (next to the team bench) for this year. I can report on all home games if anyone is interested.

They are still finding their footing with 10-11 new guys so integrating Drouin will probably take a little bit of time but I am pretty confident they will figure things out quickly.

Mike
If they make him a center again it would be interesting to see how he is doing in that position.

Old
10-01-2013, 01:13 PM
nhljohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Should we be worried about Tampa Bay Trio? I haven't seen him post in a while and now that Drouin was sent back to the Q...
He'd almost surely be heading back to Russia but: Nichushkin!

Old
10-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Quote:

Mike
Yes that would be great if you could update us as much as possible.

Old
10-01-2013, 01:40 PM
MikeyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
If they make him a center again it would be interesting to see how he is doing in that position.
Roger that. Yes speculation abounds as to if he will retain left wing or move to center.

Old
10-01-2013, 01:41 PM
MikeyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanOberg View Post
Yes that would be great if you could update us as much as possible.

Old
10-01-2013, 02:26 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:

Mike
Yeah AWESOME!! I was gonna try to listen to some of his games etc.. also if you find have twitter contacts for coaches etc.. please update us. I have all of erne's coaches and top line mates so always good to hear what they are saying Any good reporters you subscribe to also would be great and any news where can get recaps of games etc.. highlights. Know will be in french but is still cool to check out!!

Old
10-01-2013, 02:30 PM
MattM92

Quote:

Mike
That would be awesome! Much appreciated! Welcome to the Lightning boards

Old
10-01-2013, 05:24 PM
2015cupwinners

Drouin's game starts in 30 minutes. The pregame show is playing now. Yes, it's in English.

http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/page-radio

http://www.theqmjhl.ca/schedule/show/game/64730

You can watch the game on Telus for a few bucks, but the quality isn't very good usually.

Last edited by 2015cupwinners: 10-01-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old
10-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Roz

Here's a direct link to the radio player. Be warned that we're in the middle of an election campaign here, so you may have to stomach some political advertisements.

The Mooseheads' twitter feed provides live game updates. They're pretty good at providing a fairly straight-forward narrative of events with just the right amount of personality and without a ton of pointless rooting, hashtags or excessive exclamation marks, etc., lol.

Drouin will be the first line centre tonight and will be wearing an 'A', btw.

Last edited by Roz: 10-01-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old
10-01-2013, 06:07 PM
MikeyP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz View Post
Here's a direct link to the radio player. Be warned that we're in the middle of an election campaign here, so you may have to stomach some political advertisements.

The Mooseheads' twitter feed provides live game updates. They're pretty good at providing a fairly straight-forward narrative of events with just the right amount of personality and without a ton of pointless rooting, hashtags or excessive exclamation marks, etc., lol.

Drouin will be the first line centre tonight and will be wearing an 'A', btw.
Between the two Europeans... That could be a potent line...

Old
10-01-2013, 06:58 PM
DFC

Zach/k Fucale is pretty sick too in Halifax. Probably a few years away from the NHL, but wow did that kid look good last year.

Old
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM
DFC

Interesting to see if they keep him at center as a development thing, i.e. even if it takes him a while to catch on.

Old
10-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFC View Post
Zach/k Fucale is pretty sick too in Halifax. Probably a few years away from the NHL, but wow did that kid look good last year.
I don't know how his game will translate (goaltenders are always tough). He didn't strike me as very athletic, but I think he could be a serviceable starter someday.

Old
10-01-2013, 07:17 PM
MattM92

Quote:
Interesting to see if they keep him at center as a development thing, i.e. even if it takes him a while to catch on.
I think that junior teams tend to work with NHL clubs to put drafted players where they need to be. If Yzerman asked Halifax to teach him to play C, I don't see why they'd move him. He'd be elite in any position at that level.

Old
10-01-2013, 07:23 PM
DFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
I think that junior teams tend to work with NHL clubs to put drafted players where they need to be. If Yzerman asked Halifax to teach him to play C, I don't see why they'd move him. He'd be elite in any position at that level.
Hopefully they use him on the PK as well.

10/18 so far tonight in faceoffs, which was a big struggle for him in the preseason.

ADD: Drouin is on the PK. Not sure how much time he spent there last year.

Last edited by DFC: 10-01-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old
10-02-2013, 11:19 AM
MikeyP

Quote:
Hopefully they use him on the PK as well.

10/18 so far tonight in faceoffs, which was a big struggle for him in the preseason.

ADD: Drouin is on the PK. Not sure how much time he spent there last year.
He was a PK line staple last year IIRC, along with Nate.

Old
10-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Roz

Definitely a PK staple last year. He scored 6 short-handed goals.

Pretty rough opening night for him last night: No points and 4 penalty minutes. He was easily frustrated and you could tell his heart wasn't really in it [watch his shift at about 1:10]. I imagine the memories of playing on a line with Stamkos and St. Louis are still pretty fresh.

The Mooseheads don't play again until Friday. They're on their longest road trip of the season right now, so hopefully he has some time to bond with his teammates. There's a lot of new faces this year.

Old
10-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz View Post
Definitely a PK staple last year. He scored 6 short-handed goals.

Pretty rough opening night for him last night: No points and 4 penalty minutes. He was easily frustrated and you could tell his heart wasn't really in it [watch his shift at about 1:10]. I imagine the memories of playing on a line with Stamkos and St. Louis are still pretty fresh.

The Mooseheads don't play again until Friday. They're on their longest road trip of the season right now, so hopefully he has some time to bond with his teammates. There's a lot of new faces this year.
His heart better be in it. I know it sucks to be sent down, but moping doesn't make it better. Perform and earn your spot.

Old
10-02-2013, 12:29 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
His heart better be in it. I know it sucks to be sent down, but moping doesn't make it better. Perform and earn your spot.
I doubt is moping honestly he has to be tired right now. He will put it together. Emotionally has to be some feelings but think is basically tired and the frustration of going back when expected probably the 9 game stint at least.

I figure will be fine a couple days off should do him wonders.

Old
10-02-2013, 12:57 PM
MikeyP

In other news, nice goal by Ehlers. I am intrigued by a Ehlers/Drouin/Meier line.

Old
10-03-2013, 12:56 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Old
10-04-2013, 07:35 PM
DFC

Drouin picks up his first assist early tonight.

Add: As I wrote that he scored a goal. Slump over. :-p

Old
10-04-2013, 09:30 PM
DFC

Drouin scores shootout winner.

3-2 Mooseheads.

Drouin 1G 1A + Shootout winner.

Old
10-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Roz

First star to boot! I think he really needed that after such a lacklustre showing in Saint John.

Closed Thread