HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs draft Mike McCarron with the 25th overall pick (signs ELC, will play in OHL)

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
The almighty "apparently" gets me off the hook for this one, but I should have done a little more homework before posting it.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 3m
Selon le London F.P., c'est demain que Michael McCarron annoncera s'il choisit les Knights ou Western Michigan. Tout pointe vers les Knights

Old
07-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Galcherock
Scouting for size

Awesome news if he's going to the knights.Good for him if he can play in the memorial cup in a stacked team....with Dale as a coach!

Old
07-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Selon le London F.P., c'est demain que Michael McCarron annoncera s'il choisit les Knights ou Western Michigan. Tout pointe vers les Knights
I sure hope it's gonna be London too! Hoping that Timmins & Bergevin have convinced him.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Chucky breakout year

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
https://twitter.com/MoDaCoatLFPress

Morris Dallacosta ‏@MoDaCoatLFPress 36m
Further to #Habs McCarron #LondonKnights, McCarron's dad says, Wednesday is decision release day. If betting know where my $ would go

Frainer99 ‏@Frainer99 36m
@MoDaCoatLFPress Im betting on the Hunters
Retweeted by Morris Dallacosta

Old
07-09-2013, 01:30 PM
ChoseLa

His skating is good and he has a lot of weight, that's usualy the two arguments to bring a guy the college way, he doesn't need it, let him play 72 games + Playoffs + Memorial cup, i'm pretty sure that will be more beneficial than a year or two in college. We all want him to be an intimidating force, the Knights are the perfect place for him to develop that.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Was a bit of a skeptic about him going to London due to ice-time doubts, but since he's a project I guess he'll have plenty of time to work his way into the top 6. And of course London has a great winning culture so that helps too.

Old
07-09-2013, 01:36 PM
boynickname

Well I hope he choose London....He needs to play in the OHL so he can become a good NHL player. The type of game he wants to play, he will only learn in the OHL.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:33 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Was a bit of a skeptic about him going to London due to ice-time doubts, but since he's a project I guess he'll have plenty of time to work his way into the top 6. And of course London has a great winning culture so that helps too.
I can see McCarron rounding out the Horvat-Domi combination. I doubt he plays anything lower than 2nd line.

Old
07-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Top 6? He'll be top three more than likely.

Old
07-09-2013, 04:53 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I can see McCarron rounding out the Horvat-Domi combination. I doubt he plays anything lower than 2nd line.
Correct me if Im wrong, but I was under the impression that Horvat and Domi normally play on separate lines. They are used together when they need offence.

Old
07-09-2013, 05:35 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
Correct me if Im wrong, but I was under the impression that Horvat and Domi normally play on separate lines. They are used together when they need offence.
Dale Hunter changes his lines up more than his underwear. I can pretty much guarantee Habs fans though that McCarron will most definately be considered a top 6 forward for the Knights should he report, as well as a fixture on the PP. Hopefully parked right in front of the opposing goalie, something the Knights PP desperately needs.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:17 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Thank you!

Old
07-09-2013, 06:32 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

If he goes to London, confirmed that is, how can I watch the games on the net? Look at their roster and then add him... It is going to be great!

Old
07-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
If he goes to London, confirmed that is, how can I watch the games on the net? Look at their roster and then add him... It is going to be great!
There are websites like these ones but I'm not sure if they do show a lot of CHL games:
http://atdhe.eu/
http://firstrow1.eu/sport/ice-hockey.html
http://www.streamhunter.eu/
http://www.sportlemon.tv/

For my part, I'll try http://www6.hockeystreams.com/ for a week when the 2013-2014 season will start. It's only 12,99$ for a week and they show AHL, OHL, WHL, QHJML & of course NHL games. If I like it, I might buy a longer "pass".

Old
07-09-2013, 06:44 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
There are websites like these ones but I'm not sure if they do show a lot of CHL games:
http://atdhe.eu/
http://firstrow1.eu/sport/ice-hockey.html
http://www.streamhunter.eu/
http://www.sportlemon.tv/

For my part, I'll try http://www6.hockeystreams.com/ for a week when the 2013-2014 season will start. It's only 12,99$ for a week and they show AHL, OHL, WHL, QHJML & of course NHL games. If I like it, I might buy a longer "pass".
12 bucks a week?

Old
07-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
12 bucks a week?
Ya. But look at the donations below: $7.49 for 1 Day
$12.99 for 1 Week
$17.99 for 1 Month
$43.99 for 3 Months
$63.99 for 6 Months
$99.99 for 1 Year

Old
07-09-2013, 06:50 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Ya. But look at the donations below: $7.49 for 1 Day
$12.99 for 1 Week
$17.99 for 1 Month
$43.99 for 3 Months
$63.99 for 6 Months
$99.99 for 1 Year
Thank you! May get it after I research quality/feedback. In any case, he better sign with London!

Old
07-09-2013, 06:55 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Thank you! May get it after I research quality/feedback. In any case, he better sign with London!
I had a season pass this past year and the positives about that site is they have games from EVERY league CHL, AHL, NHL, KHL... but a negative is that for CHL, most of the time the quality of the feed is pretty bad (not HD). Every once in a while when sportsnet plays a CHL game then you can get it in HD. but other wise expect poor-ish quality.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:56 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Dale Hunter changes his lines up more than his underwear. I can pretty much guarantee Habs fans though that McCarron will most definately be considered a top 6 forward for the Knights should he report, as well as a fixture on the PP. Hopefully parked right in front of the opposing goalie, something the Knights PP desperately needs.
Ahh thanks for the info! Looking forward to watching more of the knights this year!

Old
07-09-2013, 06:59 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
I had a season pass this past year and the positives about that site is they have games from EVERY league CHL, AHL, NHL, KHL... but a negative is that for CHL, most of the time the quality of the feed is pretty bad (not HD). Every once in a while when sportsnet plays a CHL game then you can get it in HD. but other wise expect poor-ish quality.
I can live with a poor picture but not a crappy feed that lags. What do you think?

Old
07-09-2013, 07:01 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
I can live with a poor picture but not a crappy feed that lags. What do you think?
Oh in that case then HS is good, it doesn't lag or anything; and the feed isn't crappy per-se. It's just that if you are used to HD feeds it'll take some getting used to.
But their NHL feeds are all HD; its money well spent. Much cheaper than buying those sports packages.

Old
07-09-2013, 07:04 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Oh in that case then HS is good, it doesn't lag or anything; and the feed isn't crappy per-se. It's just that if you are used to HD feeds it'll take some getting used to.
But their NHL feeds are all HD; its money well spent. Much cheaper than buying those sports packages.
Thanks for your time! I'll give a month a try then go from there.

Thanks again!

Old
07-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Thank you, brother.

Old
07-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Fozz

Another advantage to going the CHL route is being able to experience an NHL training camp right away. Maybe even play in a pre-season game or two...

Closed Thread