HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robert Hagg made his AHL debut March 29 [AAV is $925k, 3-yr ELC, per Tim P.]

Old
02-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Hägg has had a weird two weeks.

vs Skelleftea, Frolunda and Vaxjo (17th, 21st and 23rd) he looked great and was one of their best D men and was trusted in 2 very close games to log bigger minutes and vs good opposition. (I watched only the first two of the games, but ice time, highlights etc fill the blank.)

Then he made 1 bad play vs Linkopings in the 2nd (I mean, really bad turnover then fluffed a chance to stop the guy shooting once he caught up with him) and had been heading for ~20mins ice time but got benched... then seemingly was benched the next game as punishment, less than 10 minutes after 15-20 most games since he came back from the WJC.

Then played yesterday, and while he only got 13 minutes he was pretty darn great... he hit everything that moved, was +3, got an assist, then got a 2+2 roughing penalty.

Modo are playing right now... he was pretty active in the first and had a few shots.

Nylander and Kempe are playing as well... so nice to see those two for many with one eye on the draft. Kempe was awesome last game.

VLC link here. http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?...01&part=sports

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2014, 01:24 PM
flybynite77

So one mistake gives him a significant reduction in ice time. Sounds like he's being trained on how to cope with being a Flyers Dman under the age of 25.

flybynite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Petey21

Hägg had his first career fighting major last night as he faced Anton Hedman, who has much more experience when it comes to fighting. Hedman won the fight, but kudos to Hägg who stood up pretty well against his more experienced opponent.

And by the way, for those who are on Twitter, you can always follow @ModoInternation to get tweets in English about Hägg and his team Modo.

Petey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey21 View Post
Hägg had his first career fighting major last night as he faced Anton Hedman, who has much more experience when it comes to fighting. Hedman won the fight, but kudos to Hägg who stood up pretty well against his more experienced opponent.

And by the way, for those who are on Twitter, you can always follow @ModoInternation to get tweets in English about Hägg and his team Modo.

Hägg got a couple of good punches at him, not bad! As you say, he stood up very well.

Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 02:38 PM
FlyersFan61290

Got roughed up early and late, but he got in a few real good ones against an SHL tough guy with a size, age and experience advantage.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 08:16 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Hagg earned serious respect that night. He showed that he wasn't a 19 year old pushover. He's going to get good playing time going forward. He can handle the tough going. He's going to be so good when he gets to Philadelphia. I've compared him to Mathias Ohlund when all is said and done and I really believe now his trajectory might be higher. He was such a smart pick. He and Gostisbehere are going to make a fantastic pairing.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Cousins27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Hagg earned serious respect that night. He showed that he wasn't a 19 year old pushover. He's going to get good playing time going forward. He can handle the tough going. He's going to be so good when he gets to Philadelphia. I've compared him to Mathias Ohlund when all is said and done and I really believe now his trajectory might be higher. He was such a smart pick. He and Gostisbehere are going to make a fantastic pairing.
I cant wait to see gostisbehere in the frozen four tourney.

Cousins27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Stizzle

From what I can tell, Hagg got a game suspension for his fight. Why? By the way, I can't view the fight on Youtube because of country restrictions. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Stizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Coffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
From what I can tell, Hagg got a game suspension for his fight. Why? By the way, I can't view the fight on Youtube because of country restrictions. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Dropping your gloves gives a match penalty and an automatic 1 game suspension.

Coffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 02:52 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Use a proxy

I have a VPN, with that you can pick a server location.

Old
03-06-2014, 03:43 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Got roughed up early and late, but he got in a few real good ones against an SHL tough guy with a size, age and experience advantage.
you should not laugh. anton hedman was a tough guy in ohl also. his nickname was "hedminator". drafted by the bruins.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2014, 05:47 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatOne View Post
you should not laugh. anton hedman was a tough guy in ohl also. his nickname was "hedminator". drafted by the bruins.
I wasn't saying he wasn't a real tough guy. That's just not something you hear about often, a tough guy playing in the SHL.

Hagg did good. Hopefully like BCF said, that fight earns him some respect and some more playing time/opportunities.

Btw, love the avatar.

Old
03-09-2014, 10:34 AM
kelmitchell

i wonder how long hagg will need b4 he comes up to the flyers, our defense can use the help lol

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Bill_Meltzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmitchell View Post
i wonder how long hagg will need b4 he comes up to the flyers, our defense can use the help lol
If he's rushed, he may well become a whipping boy among fans because he is a bit prone to the "big mistake" sort of gaffe and is still learning. He also makes a lot of good plays, too.

Bill_Meltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 11:45 AM
kelmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Meltzer View Post
If he's rushed, he may well become a whipping boy among fans because he is a bit prone to the "big mistake" sort of gaffe and is still learning. He also makes a lot of good plays, too.
oh yea i mean that's expected the kid is still young i was just wondering how far off do people think he really is

kelmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 11:53 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Would it be a bad idea to bring him over next year and let him play in the AHL or would one more year in Sweden be better for him?

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 11:54 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
automatic game misconduct for fighting in most European hockey leagues. I think the DEL and KHL are the only ones that it doesnt come with the automatic GM

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 12:02 PM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Would it be a bad idea to bring him over next year and let him play in the AHL or would one more year in Sweden be better for him?
I don't think coming over would hurt or help his development. It would help him adapt to new rink size before joining the NHL, but I have a feeling if he decided to come over the Flyers front office would rush him into the pros. I am fine if he wants to stay in Modo for two more years, before joining the Flyers.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 04:01 PM
Doors

He said in a interview just after the draft that he intended to play in SHL for at least two more seasons. I think that is not bad at all, SHL is a good league. The only thing that would be better if he went over to AHL is that he will get to know the smaller rink better.
Looking forward to see him wearing orange and black in a couple of years!

Old
03-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Funf

So what's going on with Modo? Have they made the playoffs or is their season over now?

And as far as bringing Hagg over the AHL, I'm not going to pretend I know what's better for his development, but it might be nice to get him some more minutes, especially PP time. And I feel like his game might be better suited for the smaller rink, as well.

Funf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 04:10 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors View Post
He said in a interview just after the draft that he intended to play in SHL for at least two more seasons. I think that is not bad at all, SHL is a good league. The only thing that would be better if he went over to AHL is that he will get to know the smaller rink better.
Looking forward to see him wearing orange and black in a couple of years!
He said two more years. At a later interview he said one or two more years. I expect he'll be back in the SHL next season but after that I could definitely see him in the AHL.

Old
03-09-2014, 04:22 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf View Post
So what's going on with Modo? Have they made the playoffs or is their season over now?

And as far as bringing Hagg over the AHL, I'm not going to pretend I know what's better for his development, but it might be nice to get him some more minutes, especially PP time. And I feel like his game might be better suited for the smaller rink, as well.
I'm not an expert on the SHL but it appears they made into the qualification round. There's four teams who play a best of three series & the two winners of those rounds make up the last seeds into a playoff round of 8 teams total.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
He said two more years. At a later interview he said one or two more years. I expect he'll be back in the SHL next season but after that I could definitely see him in the AHL.
Here is an interview of him in swedish from january 21 this year : http://bloggar.expressen.se/ek/2014/...och-framtiden/

Reporter - Your contract with Modo expires - how do you see the future and the Philadelphia Flyers?
Hägg - My contract expires in April so we'll see what's best for me. I'll sit down with the family and the agent so we'll see which solution is best for me, for me to develop on top.

Not impossible that he will come over after this summer, but I think its more likely that he will stay one more year in SHL.

Old
03-09-2014, 08:41 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doors View Post
Here is an interview of him in swedish from january 21 this year : http://bloggar.expressen.se/ek/2014/...och-framtiden/

Reporter - Your contract with Modo expires - how do you see the future and the Philadelphia Flyers?
Hägg - My contract expires in April so we'll see what's best for me. I'll sit down with the family and the agent so we'll see which solution is best for me, for me to develop on top.

Not impossible that he will come over after this summer, but I think its more likely that he will stay one more year in SHL.
Interesting thanks.

That seems to the standard response. Ghost said pretty much the exact same thing.

Old
03-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

It'd be interesting to see Hagg come over next year and either play in the AHL or NHL as our 6th Dman. It probably wouldn't be as big of a deal as for other rookie D because juniors to the NHL is a lot larger of a leap than SHL to NHL. He's already playing against adults. Morin should stay in junior, Ghost will probably be in college or the AHL. It's not like any of those three could do worse than Grossmann.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote