HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[TOR/CHI] Dave Bolland for 2013 51st (Carl Dahlstrom), 117th and 2014 4th Round Pick

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2013, 02:06 AM
SLarmer28

vCash: 500
2012-13 NHL Regular Season - Dave Bolland Corsi Ranking

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...34+45+46+63+67

Old
07-01-2013, 02:07 AM
SLarmer28

2012-13 NHL Playoffs - Dave Bolland Corsi Ranking

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...34+45+46+63+67

Old
07-01-2013, 02:09 AM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
In love with this move. He will get under the habs/sens skin so bad.
Just make sure Dave Bolland gets under the skin of the Boston Bruins.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:10 AM
HockeyNymphomaniac*

I think there's a lot of hate coming from fans of other teams other then Chicago/Toronto... They got cap space and some picks to further their success, and leafs get Bolland with a decent cap hit next year and real option of resigning him at a decent price next year being a hometown boy. Leafs finally being capable of contending. Took long enough recovering from the ghosts of GM's past

Old
07-01-2013, 02:13 AM
icekoob

Not sure why anyone would say the Hawks got the bad deal. Eliminates a nice amount of cap room which was the goal. Bolland is certainly replaceable and has been invisible since 2010. Cup winning goal was his the only thing he's done in last 3 years. Still sad to see him go. Nice depth center. Enjoy TOR.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:15 AM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyNymphomaniac View Post
I think there's a lot of hate coming from fans of other teams other then Chicago/Toronto... They got cap space and some picks to further their success, and leafs get Bolland with a decent cap hit next year and real option of resigning him at a decent price next year being a hometown boy. Leafs finally being capable of contending. Took long enough recovering from the ghosts of GM's past
Good luck to Dave Bolland in Toronto.

I really hope he will stay healthy for your team. Bolland is most effective as a third line center and not as a second line center.

Chicago Blackhawks fans will always remember him as the hockey player who coined the phrase "Sedin Sisters".

Old
07-01-2013, 02:18 AM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekoob View Post
Not sure why anyone would say the Hawks got the bad deal. Eliminates a nice amount of cap room which was the goal. Bolland is certainly replaceable and has been invisible since 2010. Cup winning goal was his the only thing he's done in last 3 years. Still sad to see him go. Nice depth center. Enjoy TOR.
The Chicago Blackhawks already have a third line center and fourth line center on the roster:

Andrew Shaw
Marcus Kruger

The Chicago Blackhawks prospect pool includes the following centers for the second line center position next season:

Brandon Pirri (2012-13 AHL Leading Scorer)
Drew Leblanc (Hobey Baker Trophy winner)

Old
07-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Pay Carl
don't lose touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run705 View Post
Fun fact: Bolland's rating in NHL 13 is 84, which would make his the highest rated overall centre on the Leafs lol
he is also listed better defensively than Bergeron LMFAO

Old
07-01-2013, 02:25 AM
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
he is also listed better defensively than Bergeron LMFAO
what a joy to watch bolland`s goal againt your team over and over...

Old
07-01-2013, 02:42 AM
HeisenBaez

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
Man the hawks are trading away their players for nothing, they must have a lot of confidence in their drafting
Half the roster was drafted and developed by the Hawks, including the player just sent to the Leafs. Suffice to say I am very confident in their drafting abilities.

The Hawks get three drafts picks to add to their prospects pool, open up a slot on the roster for a talent youngster (Leblanc, Pirri or maybe there is a wildcard we haven't seen yet) and the Hawks have money to play with in FA if they choose to use it. I say the Hawks "won" this trade all around, if you ask.

With that said, if Bolland can stay healthy and the promise of a new deal, I think the Leafs will get themselves a really solid player. This deal is a bigger risk to the Leafs, imo.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:46 AM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Jealous of the Hawks. They will end up replacing guys like Bolland, Frolik, etc, with prospects from their pipeline.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:49 AM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
Some seems to be really bitter.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:49 AM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Jealous of the Hawks. They will end up replacing guys like Bolland, Frolik, etc, with prospects from their pipeline.
The Chicago Blackhawks have taken the Detroit Red Wings philosophy of overripening prospects for the 2013-14 NHL Season.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:56 AM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludhavenHawks View Post
Half the roster was drafted and developed by the Hawks, including the player just sent to the Leafs. Suffice to say I am very confident in their drafting abilities.

The Hawks get three drafts picks to add to their prospects pool, open up a slot on the roster for a talent youngster (Leblanc, Pirri or maybe there is a wildcard we haven't seen yet) and the Hawks have money to play with in FA if they choose to use it. I say the Hawks "won" this trade all around, if you ask.

With that said, if Bolland can stay healthy and the promise of a new deal, I think the Leafs will get themselves a really solid player. This deal is a bigger risk to the Leafs, imo.
I don't really see the deal as too much a risk for either team. Like your post says, while the Hawks do give up a solid player, they are able to absorb the loss due to their depth. In the Leafs case they give up a relatively late 2nd, the 117th (pretty much a 5th) and a 4th which could end up also as a later pick. While good players can be found with those picks, it is hard to classify moving those pieces as a major risk. If Bolland is asking too much next year when we go to re-sign him, or he hasn't panned out, we could easily get back some of the lost picks at the deadline given his playoff experience and play style. Good deal all-around.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:57 AM
HockeyNymphomaniac*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
Save your hate for ruins man, save the hate. Cause even though I detest the ruins immensely the habs/sens deserve it much more!

Old
07-01-2013, 02:59 AM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleshemsky83 View Post
Man the hawks are trading away their players for nothing, they must have a lot of confidence in their drafting
Bickell
Bolland
Toews
Kane
Kruger
Saad
Shaw
Keith
Seabrook
Hjalmarsson
Crawford

11/19 suited up for the vast majority of the playoff games.

Old
07-01-2013, 03:02 AM
HockeyNymphomaniac*

Atleast the Bruins are hockey fans... Would like to see the habs after a 9 long year drought.. might lose their hockey team like they lost their MLB team... fake a$$ fans.... what happened to the Astros? Best part is their talking about an NBA franchise, when they can't even hold a MLB team

Old
07-01-2013, 03:12 AM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicexOfxReason View Post
Looks like theyre running with Kadri and Grabo as their top 2 guys and Bolland and McClement for the bottom six. Lets hope the kid can handle the top line.
No they're not! Free agency hasn't even started yet. Weiss is a target for Nonis, if we can get Weiss you're looking at..

Weiss
Kadri
Bolland
McClement

Pretty freakin solid to me, but I have hard time believing we're just to going to sit back now and not do anything about a gapping hole on our first line. Weiss may not be a first line center but he's a lot better then the options we have at the moment. Kadri is not ready for first line duty on the first line, he still has work to do.

Old
07-01-2013, 03:17 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
No they're not! Free agency hasn't even started yet. Weiss is a target for Nonis, if we can get Weiss you're looking at..

Weiss
Kadri
Bolland
McClement

Pretty freakin solid to me, but I have hard time believing we're just to going to sit back now and not do anything about a gapping hole on our first line. Weiss may not be a first line center but he's a lot better then the options we have at the moment. Kadri is not ready for first line duty on the first line, he still has work to do.
Hate to put a damper on your party but we already have Weiss penciled into the Stars lineup.

Old
07-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Lobstertainment
Oh no, my brains.

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post

Weiss
Kadri
Bolland
McClement

So where do we put Grabo in this line-up?

After the buyout window is done he's on the team, or we bury him in the minors and still eat over $4million in a cap hit, or we buy him out normally and look stupid.

I agree they'll look at other options but I don't see a line-up that doesn't involve Grabovski on the top 3 lines.

Old
07-01-2013, 04:09 AM
Hammer2Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Good luck to Dave Bolland in Toronto.

I really hope he will stay healthy for your team. Bolland is most effective as a third line center and not as a second line center.

Chicago Blackhawks fans will always remember him as the hockey player who coined the phrase "Sedin Sisters".
they've been called the Sedin Sisters long before bolland came around.

Old
07-01-2013, 04:42 AM
clydesdale line

Gonna miss the rat with the blackhawks. His hockey sense, grit, agitation, etc. were all great for us. He'll bring that experience a young Leafs team needs to get to the promise land and he's still relatively young himself.

Great 3LC (one of, if not, the best in the league), when healthy. And he's in a contract year, which IMO, will bring out the best in Bolland next season. Best of luck to him in TO and thanks for contributing to the two cup wins Bolly.

Old
07-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I hope he does well and I'm glad he got to another good franchise with passionate fans

Old
07-01-2013, 06:47 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

I like this a lot.

Old
07-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Fogelhund

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Hate to put a damper on your party but we already have Weiss penciled into the Stars lineup.
I'm ok with that. I've pencilled Vinny in on ours.

I like this trade from Toronto's perspective, one of those players who helps you compete, and we certainly do need help on the Defensive side of things.

Closed Thread