HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty

Old
08-09-2016, 08:03 AM
Dagistitsyn

vCash: 500
Max Pacioretty

Really looking forward to seeing him on the ice soon to see if he got that extra step back he was lacking last year due to the broken leg all off season. The years before last year, speed was crucial to his game. He used to create so many breakaways and 2 on 1s where he could snipe off the rush. Barely saw that at all last year.

He's probably a lock for 30 goals regardless, but he didn't get to train at all last summer and I feel like if he can work hard this off season and come into the season healthy he could hit 40 playing with Galchenyuk.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Tyson

You know he will be ready to rebound. Expect him to finally hit 40

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 50
People really have unjustly crapped on Pacioretty this summer. The guy may have the personality of a wet towel, but he's a hell of a player on the ice, and the team's best scorer.

I'm looking forward to see what he and Galchenyuk can do together over the course of an entire season.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Adam Michaels

I also think he'll be better as a captain. He got off on the worst possible way for a first-year captain. But sometimes, baptism by fire is the best way.

As for his actual game, he will have what any scorer has (streaks), but overall, having a full off-season to train instead of being sidelined and missing out on training and camp, I expect him to be more explosive.

And if he and Galchenyuk take off from where they left off at the end of last season, Lord have mercy on the other team's defensemen and goalie.

Adam Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 10:55 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
People really have unjustly crapped on Pacioretty this summer. The guy may have the personality of a wet towel, but he's a hell of a player on the ice, and the team's best scorer.

I'm looking forward to see what he and Galchenyuk can do together over the course of an entire season.
He did nothing to help our team when we need him the most, he actually contributed to our historic collapse. I wouldn't call that unfair.

From Nov 28 to Feb 24, Pacioretty was -24 in 36 games. I know we have to take +/- stats with a grain of salt but -24 in 36 games is very telling, espescially when we compare him with his linemates who aren't near as bad. He end the season with the 2nd worst +/-. Even Plekanec who had a rough season managed to be in the +

As a captain, when you pull that kind of performance, you deserve criticism. So I have no idea why you can call that he was unfairly crapped on. Let's not pretend he had a good year despite his ok production. He deserved to be criticize. He choked big time in his first year as a captain.

That said, I expect and think he'll have a much better season next year. Weber will definitely help on the leadership part.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
He did nothing to help our team when we need him the most, he actually contributed to our historic collapse. I wouldn't call that unfair.

From Nov 28 to Feb 24, Pacioretty was -24 in 36 games. I know we have to take +/- stats with a grain of salt but -24 in 36 games is very telling, espescially when we compare him with his linemates who aren't near as bad. He end the season with the 2nd worst +/-. Even Plekanec who had a rough season managed to be in the +

As a captain, when you pull that kind of performance, you deserve criticism. So I have no idea why you can call that he was unfairly crapped on. Let's not pretend he had a good year despite his ok production. He deserved to be criticize. He choked big time in his first year as a captain.

That said, I expect and think he'll have a much better season next year. Weber will definitely help on the leadership part.
I think I posted his differential from the previous year was something like -51 at one point during the season ouch...
As much as I take +/- with a grain of salt those number can't be overlooked.
I found his game horrible for the most part in terms of playing winning hockey.
But hey the entire team seemed disinterested...

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Play him with Galchenyuk and I think both will have career years.

08-09-2016, 12:35 PM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post

Not much can be done with an AHL quality goalie.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 12:36 PM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I don't think Patches the Cowardly Lion has earned playing time with Chucky.

I don't outright hate the guy but he has even less charisma than Gionta. He's extremely streaky, and abandoned his team for its most vital months last year.

I'm going to be on his case because he has lost my trust.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 01:46 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

I don't outright hate the guy but he has even less charisma than Gionta. He's extremely streaky, and abandoned his team for its most vital months last year.

Playing with DD is going to drag down anyone's numbers. We've seen that when they're used together both players do very well.

It's mindblowing that we've used them the way we have.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 01:59 PM
LaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Why would MT uses Patch with out 3rd line center?

LaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Tank Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaP View Post
Why would MT uses Patch with out 3rd line center?
That's Second Guessing...

Tank Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 03:57 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:

No he really isn't. He had 7 open nets points, including 3 of his 30 goals 10%. He floated most of the season and did not lead even by example on most nights. Generally it would be casperetty for 85% of the game, no hits, hardly any shots, just waiting for the stretch pass from subban while doing pirouettes at the opponents blueline. Then a fortune pass and he would shoot what I would see as a saveable shot that would find its way in anyway.

He has some luck with his shots. Kinda the reputation thing I think. Goalies know he has a good shot and the mircosecond thought about that messes with natural reflex or anticipatory moves.

He played well the first month and the last month so people forget about how crap he was for the other 6 months. I am pretty sure he also had some crazy streaky nights. 2-4 points then nothing for 2 weeks. He has good numbers but its not like when we had Koivu who was clutch and was working his ass off when he didn't have the puck.

Sorry you are the leader of the team, put a little Gallagher in your dinner and lead.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 04:17 PM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
No he really isn't. He had 7 open nets points, including 3 of his 30 goals 10%. He floated most of the season and did not lead even by example on most nights. Generally it would be casperetty for 85% of the game, no hits, hardly any shots, just waiting for the stretch pass from subban while doing pirouettes at the opponents blueline. Then a fortune pass and he would shoot what I would see as a saveable shot that would find its way in anyway.

He has some luck with his shots. Kinda the reputation thing I think. Goalies know he has a good shot and the mircosecond thought about that messes with natural reflex or anticipatory moves.

He played well the first month and the last month so people forget about how crap he was for the other 6 months. I am pretty sure he also had some crazy streaky nights. 2-4 points then nothing for 2 weeks. He has good numbers but its not like when we had Koivu who was clutch and was working his ass off when he didn't have the puck.

Sorry you are the leader of the team, put a little Gallagher in your dinner and lead.
10.9% of his points were empty net points.

Utter lack of physical presence - both his avoidance of throwing and receiving any sort of contact.

Lack of presence in general, being a sniper who does very little otherwise.

Back-to-reality sort of defensive game - many mistakes, lack of hustle, mismatches and lost coverages, etc.

Honestly - no one should give him a free pass, he was a supposed leader during a HISTORIC collapse and he was arguably our worst skater during the thick of it.

We can hope for his redemption, though. So let us pray.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 05:33 PM
elsubz

He's nothing more than a glorified Micheal Ryder that can play on the penality kill. No one is gonna admit it but he's probably one of the main reasons our powerplay has been so dreadful for so many years. He's pretty much perfected the art of killing our powerplay once the puck is on his tape and he's trying to pass it instead of shooting it. I'm pretty sure we could make an hour montage of all his pee wee passes attempts that are either intercepted or aimed directly on his teammates skates. The guy can clearly snipe it and he should keep it to that but for some odd reason, some nights he thinks he's a playmaker and it goes to ****.

elsubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 08:26 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

If you don't think Pacioretty should be playing with Galchenyuk, then you didn't watch any of the last 20 or so games last season.

Also, breaking news. Empty net goals are important. It means it seals the win.

Old
08-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

Pacioretty is among the best scorers in the entire NHL. This is a fact. Not an opinion. A fact.

I can't believe people keep bashing him. It's pretty dumb.

Old
08-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Frank Drebin

It's unfortunate he was essentially forced into the captaincy last season. He's not suited for it imo. He's your typical streaky winger but a legit top line player.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Halakitlikethat

I'm sure he's looking forward to playing with dd and Shaw! What a first line that will be !

Halakitlikethat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 09:46 PM
shutehinside

People are crapping on Patches because he scored 3 empty net goals last year. Wow. You've hit a new low and that's saying a lot.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 09:49 PM
S Bah

It will be great watching Max hoist the Stanley Cup for the Habs 25th time, next June 2017, hopefully in the Bell Center, as I plan to be in the audience. The only other hope is that Max scores the winning goal that night, befitting our Captain whose comeback from the Chara hit has been nothing short of miraculous.(Wolverine blood surely must course through his body, playing through so many injuries in his career with the Habs.)

The addition's of veterans Shea Weber & Alex Radulov along with having Carey Price back from injury, should alleviate some of the pressure on Pacioretty to lead. (In reality the Max Pacioretty, A.Galchenyuk & B.Gallagher line were awesome in the 2nd half last season.) With the new core group (Shea Weber in place of PK Subban, A.Radulov, A.Shaw, A.Montoya) with our already formidable core, the Habs appear to be as solid a team in the East as SCC's Pittsburgh Penguins or Washington Capitals are IMHO.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having to choose 31st in the 1st round of the Entry Draft next June 2017, IMHO!!!...

Go Habs Go!!!... Go Max Go!!!...

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
People are crapping on Patches because he scored 3 empty net goals last year. Wow. You've hit a new low and that's saying a lot.
No we are crapping on him for his lazy play, his softness, his floating in the neutral zone and not helping to get the puck out of our end, his lack of any real leadership, AND pointing out that his "point totals" are also part of MT putting him out there on the empty net even when Chuckie had a chance at a hat trick. If you are going to say what a great goal scorer the guy is, and how he can make passes too, lets just agree that a chunk of them are always gifted by his foxhole friend and coach MT.

Chuckie had zero EN as far as I know because MT never put him out with a minute left in the game and an empty net. Also to be noted, not all those goals 'sealed the game' sometime we were up by 2 and other more desperate coachs try for the tie. Pleks as well had 3 goals and 7 points off of EN production, even patches was embarrassed by it. There was one game where him and pleks kept passing it back and fourth. I think they both had 3 empty netters and it wasn't even december.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Michelangelo

Quote:
Pacioretty is among the best scorers in the entire NHL. This is a fact. Not an opinion. A fact.

I can't believe people keep bashing him. It's pretty dumb.
One of the best regular season scorers, yes.

Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 10:13 PM
KawaYui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
No we are crapping on him for his lazy play, his softness, his floating in the neutral zone and not helping to get the puck out of our end, his lack of any real leadership, AND pointing out that his "point totals" are also part of MT putting him out there on the empty net even when Chuckie had a chance at a hat trick. If you are going to say what a great goal scorer the guy is, and how he can make passes too, lets just agree that a chunk of them are always gifted by his foxhole friend and coach MT.

Chuckie had zero EN as far as I know because MT never put him out with a minute left in the game and an empty net. Also to be noted, not all those goals 'sealed the game' sometime we were up by 2 and other more desperate coachs try for the tie. Pleks as well had 3 goals and 7 points off of EN production, even patches was embarrassed by it. There was one game where him and pleks kept passing it back and fourth. I think they both had 3 empty netters and it wasn't even december.
Why would Therrien put chucky with a minute left in the game?? A guy who doesn't even kill penalties and you want him at the last minute of the game when the opposite team are trying their best to score a goal?

Patch is one of our best defensive forward, thats why hes put there...

KawaYui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2016, 10:18 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It will be great watching Max hoist the Stanley Cup for the Habs 25th time, next June 2017, hopefully in the Bell Center, as I plan to be in the audience. The only other hope is that Max scores the winning goal that night, befitting our Captain whose comeback from the Chara hit has been nothing short of miraculous.(Wolverine blood surely must course through his body, playing through so many injuries in his career with the Habs.)

The addition's of veterans Shea Weber & Alex Radulov along with having Carey Price back from injury, should alleviate some of the pressure on Pacioretty to lead. (In reality the Max Pacioretty, A.Galchenyuk & B.Gallagher line were awesome in the 2nd half last season.) With the new core group (Shea Weber in place of PK Subban, A.Radulov, A.Shaw, A.Montoya) with our already formidable core, the Habs appear to be as solid a team in the East as SCC's Pittsburgh Penguins or Washington Capitals are IMHO.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having to choose 31st in the 1st round of the Entry Draft next June 2017, IMHO!!!...

Go Habs Go!!!... Go Max Go!!!...
Lol ok.

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote