HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Draft Anton Cederholm 145th (5th round) Overall

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Tanevian*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKass The Bass View Post
This is a great how can people already label him a bust. I hate our fanbase for that reason..dude played in the SEL last season as an 18yo...gonna spend next seaosn in the Allsvenkan.
It's the "I told you so" crowd. They say dumb things, copy the link then bring it up at another time when right. It's the broken clock theorem.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Sergei Shirokov

There is one report saying he isn't that great a skater, but every other report I have seen (atleast 5 others) have said he is an above average skater.

So I take it he is an above average skater, a shutdown guy who possess those physical qualities to go along with the shutdown game.

I like it.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Bitz and Bites

I like the sound of this guy as we lack any sort of D-men in our system with that type of shutdown mentality and physicality (assuming Sauve is gone) plus he can skate well and move the puck.Very nice pick for a late rounder.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:35 PM
deckercky

Sounds to me like he's our future Aaron Rome!

Old
06-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Bitz and Bites

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
Sounds to me like he's our future Aaron Rome!
But only if Torts finds him attractive...

Old
06-30-2013, 09:23 PM
SgtToody

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleIsland View Post
Blomstand is developing at a decent pace. Guys gonna be a good 3rd line grinder. IMO
But first, he must do something in the AHL...

Old
06-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Kickassguy
High-End Intangible

vCash: 1121
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Rahimi was the first name that jumped out at me as a comparison on paper, but what the hell, it's a 5th, and some of you who seem to know more seem confident he's not a Rahimi.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Carl Carlson

Don't know anything about him but the write ups seem positive. Also if its a Gradin pick then I'm in.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:57 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthedonuts View Post
His name sounds like a bust. Right up there with Ludwig Blomstrand, David Honzik and Denis Grot.
Lets play a game

Ludwig Blomstrand:
a) Bond Villain
b) Florist
c) Investment Banker
d) Fashion Designer

No idea what occupation to give Cederholm (builder is too easy)

Old
06-30-2013, 11:40 PM
denkiteki

Quote:
His name sounds like a bust. Right up there with Ludwig Blomstrand, David Honzik and Denis Grot.
Blomstrand isn't a bust yet and hard to even say Honzik is a bust. He is a raw project who on a pretty bad team... not really a good combo but doesn't mean things can't turn around for him. That said, i doubt he has much future with the organization given there's 3 goalie "prospects" ahead of him and he's 20. Would MG really use a contract spot for a 5th goalie for the ECHL who's upside is probably not much higher than the goalies ahead of him. Also is a 3rd rounder (or 5th rounder) really much of a bust when the odds of them making the NHL is very low in the first place?

Old
06-30-2013, 11:56 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Let Us Win View Post
It's the "I told you so" crowd. They say dumb things, copy the link then bring it up at another time when right. It's the broken clock theorem.
The "I told you so" crowd didn't do so well on Jannick Hansen or Ludwig Blomstrand...

Old
06-30-2013, 11:58 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
There is one report saying he isn't that great a skater, but every other report I have seen (atleast 5 others) have said he is an above average skater.

So I take it he is an above average skater, a shutdown guy who possess those physical qualities to go along with the shutdown game.

I like it.
I thought the report was mobile but not fast. I'll take mobile over fast if that is his skating deficiency.

Old
06-30-2013, 11:59 PM
edler von real gud

vCash: 380
Send a message via MSN to edler von real gud
wonder what the chances are of him making the Swedish World Junior team next season. Seems pretty good if he already has 12 games under his belt in the Elitserien. Also curious if he gets taken in the CHL import draft as he seems suited for junior hockey.

Old
07-01-2013, 12:02 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
wonder what the chances are of him making the Swedish World Junior team next season. Seems pretty good if he already has 12 games under his belt in the Elitserien. Also curious if he gets taken in the CHL import draft as he seems suited for junior hockey.
Well he played U17 Worlds both years he was eligible, then U18 Worlds both years eligible...

Old
07-01-2013, 12:09 AM
edler von real gud

vCash: 380
Send a message via MSN to edler von real gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Well he played U17 Worlds both years he was eligible, then U18 Worlds both years eligible...
I remember we took Andersson in the 5th round, 143rd overall. He's now developed into one of our better defensive prospects. hoping we see Cederholm playing in Utica in a few seasons.

Old
07-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Bitz and Bites

Quote:
I remember we took Andersson in the 5th round, 143rd overall. He's now developed into one of our better defensive prospects. hoping we see Cederholm playing in Utica in a few seasons.
It could be sooner than a couple of years,depending on his contract situation in Sweden.Considering that he's not a CHL player,there's no age restriction on when he can play in the AHL and he's already played against men in the SEL so he could play in Utica next year if management feels he's ready.It sounds like he already has pro hockey size and should have no problem adjusting to the physical part of the North American game so it is a possibility.
More likely,though,he plays another year in Sweden and comes over when his season is done there for a stint in the AHL and we can see what he can do there.

Old
07-01-2013, 12:59 AM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitz and Bites View Post
It could be sooner than a couple of years,depending on his contract situation in Sweden.Considering that he's not a CHL player,there's no age restriction on when he can play in the AHL and he's already played against men in the SEL so he could play in Utica next year if management feels he's ready.It sounds like he already has pro hockey size and should have no problem adjusting to the physical part of the North American game so it is a possibility.
More likely,though,he plays another year in Sweden and comes over when his season is done there for a stint in the AHL and we can see what he can do there.
Except there's probably no space depending on a few things...
- Rather or not we are able to sign Price (you would expect Price to be ahead of him in the depth chart right now)
- The classic UFA dman(s) we sign as "depth" dman that MG always seem to sign on July 1st (or 5th in this case), i.e. Joslin, Vandermeer (last year)
- Corrado (rather he plays in the NHL or AHL depends on a lot on what happens during the off season and who we add/trade away... i.e. Ballard/UFA additions)

You would expect these dmans to be ahead of him right now on the depth chart...
Andersson (could debate he's the best out of the dmans destined for Utica and likely our 2nd most ready prospect right now behind Corrado)
Polasek (on the team last year and seems to be improving, probably a lock to make the team)
Mullen (due to wasting a contract on him, you would expect him to be on the Wolves roster)
Blain (same as above)
Tommernes (pretty sure he was signed so MG could bring him over to see what he can do in the AHL)

Possibly Sauve depending on rather or not MG thinks he bounce back, he actually looked decent in the ECHL after what looked like a regression year. That makes it pretty hard for Cederholm (at this point) to have any chance of making Utica unless a couple dman gets hurt. Like you said, possible after his SEL season if we lose a few dmans due to injury tho that wouldn't be too much different than a Jr. player. Also since its an Olympic year, doesn't that alter the SEL sch a bit? It shouldn't effect Jr. hockey so maybe the Jr. season might end before SEL.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:05 AM
orcatown

Quote:
Yes seems like a more valid comparison than Rahimi. We knew from the start Rahimi had skating issues and this does not seem the case here. Swedes seem to turn out these type of defensemen. Move around the ice well, make the smooth exits out of their zone and keep it simple. Not going to dazzle you but generally safe and consistent players.

I

Old
07-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Bubbles
Tank for Tyler2016

Quote:
I had high hopes for Denis Grot! And Ilya Kablukov! and my all time favourite Markus Kankaanpera!

Old
07-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Jevo

Quote:
I would let him stay in Sweden and play a full season in Allsvenskan. Should be better for him than junior hockey.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Keke Mortsons helmet

Could be a Sheldon Kannegiesser or a Gregg Boddy.

Old
07-01-2013, 02:42 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevo View Post
I would let him stay in Sweden and play a full season in Allsvenskan. Should be better for him than junior hockey.
And I could see him spending 2 years in the SEL after that too. But yeah, we can afford to let him develop in Sweden for a little while, depending on how his development goes.

Old
07-03-2013, 01:00 PM
CalgaryCanuck03
@calgarycanuck03

@farhandevji22s
The Portland Winterhawks selected #Canucks prospect Anton Cederholm in today's #CHL Import Draft. Great program for the young D to develop.

Good news here.

Old
07-03-2013, 01:03 PM
arsmaster
semantic romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
@farhandevji22s
The Portland Winterhawks selected #Canucks prospect Anton Cederholm in today's #CHL Import Draft. Great program for the young D to develop.

Good news here.
Lots of openings on their blueline with Jones, Rutkowski, and Wotherspoon moving on.

Has the potential to move straight into their top 6, and may even partner Pouliot on the top pair.

It would be so awesome if he came over.

Old
07-03-2013, 01:12 PM
synobyte
Canucks Cultist

Would be awesome to watch him play against the giants this year

Closed Thread