Once again, Chris Kreider won our poll as the top prospect. The vote to add the next prospect was 10 votes for Christian Thomas, 9 for Marek Hrivik and 6 for Boo Nieves.
Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.
WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect
* Please don't write that so-and-so should or should not be a prospect. It's not up to each individual here to decide, it's up to the HF rules. Therefore, since no NHL games were played, all the prospects from the summer are still eligible because no NHL games were played
HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.
CATEGORIES: We'll be ranking the top 20 prospects.
- The top 5 will be "Top Prospects"
- The second 5 will be "Second-Tier"
- The third 5 "Projects"
- The fourth 5 will be "Suspects"
- The remaining 5 prospects who made it into the poll, but were not voted into the top-20 will be listed as "Honorable Mentions," their order being determined by how many votes they got in the last round.
GRADUATED: Carl Hagelin, Mats Zuccarello
TRADED AWAY: Steven Delisle, Blake Parlett
UNSIGNED: Jyri Niemi, Peter Ceresnak, Shane McColgan
ADDITIONS: Michael Kantor, Josh Nicholls, Tommy Hughes, Adam Tambellini, Pavel Buchnevich, Anthony Duclair, Ryan Graves, Mackenzie Skapski.
1. LW Chris Kreider
Born Apr 30 1991 -- Boxford, MA
Height 6.03 -- Weight 230 -- Shoots L