HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Give this draft a grade!

View Poll Results: What grade would you give to this draft?
A+ 8 2.14%
A 24 6.42%
A- 57 15.24%
B+ 86 22.99%
B 100 26.74%
B- 46 12.30%
C+ 23 6.15%
C 15 4.01%
C- 11 2.94%
Fail 4 1.07%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-30-2013, 11:42 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
People are too quick to associate value with "top 6" and "bottom 6". Sometimes a guy people see mostly as "bottom 6" like Bickell can be a big asset at a key time, Prust is a guy like that. Sometimes a guy like De la Rose or McCarron ends up on the top 6 because they bring other elements but pure offensive skill to a minute eating line. Dupuis is like that.
This x10000. how many 1st lines are filled with nothing but pure offensive guys. JDLR would make a great complimentary type player to a top 6 line. Amazing skating, Great hands, looked like he could pass too. Just doesn't seem to be a sniper. Doesn't mean he can't crack the top 6.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:44 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

what sucks the most about this draft is knowing that bergevin was trying hard to get morin...and we didn't. so heartbroken right now...just so devastated. it feels..really..really bad....feels like a big playoffs loss...****.....morin was going to be the antichara...he was finally going to matchup against that ape...and he was big and wild and canadian....from quebec even imagine.....**** this sucks soooo bad. i just can't get over it...i ****ing can't.

Somebody please tell me something that will make this ****** feeling go away.

Last edited by hototogisu: 07-01-2013 at 12:01 AM.
dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:44 PM
Ginu

For those doubting McCarron, watch this video.

His puck protection, forechecking, board play, flair and some passing was NHL worthy. Check it out. A beast amongst men.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:46 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
what sucks the most about this draft is knowing that bergevin was trying hard to get morin...and we didn't. so heartbroken right now...just so devastated. it feels..really..really bad....feels like a big playoffs loss...fuuuuuuuuuck.....morin was going to be the antichara...he was finally going to matchup against that ape...and he was big and wild and canadian....from quebec even imagine.....**** this sucks soooo bad. i just can't get over it...i ****ing can't.

I hear crying and complaining helps.

PricerStopDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:47 PM
calder candidate

McCaron B fill need, high risk high reward might not be BPA (Dano/Klimchuk/ DLR) but I'm will to take a chance.

DLR A Fill Need and BPA for me our best pick of the draft

Fucale B+ , Fill need, Best Goalie although I don't see it as a steal... I just would not of drafted a goalies) (Dauphin / Santini)

Lehkonen B+ BPA although considering our other pick I might of taken a D at this point (Linus Arnesson)

Crisp F- Could have been had later or gone undrafted again...

Andrighetto C+ Small, also might of been available later but he does have skills

Reway B a bit small but at this point it a good pick up

Grégoire A What a steal, kind of makes you wonder...

Weegar C+ Who care at this point

calder candidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:48 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by calder candidate View Post
McCaron B fill need, high risk high reward might not be BPA (Dano/Klimchuk/ DLR) but I'm will to take a chance.

DLR A Fill Need and BPA for me our best pick of the draft

Fucale B+ , Fill need, Best Goalie although I don't see it as a steal... I just would not of drafted a goalies) (Dauphin / Santini)

Lehkonen B+ BPA although considering our other pick I might of taken a D at this point (Linus Arnesson)

Crisp F- Could have been had later or gone undrafted again...

Andrighetto C+ Small, also might of been available later but he does have skills

Reway B a bit small but at this point it a good pick up

Grégoire A What a steal, kind of makes you wonder...

Weegar C+ Who care at this point
We didnt get weeger we traded the pick

Old
FlavorFlav

Underwhelmed

Really disappointed by this draft.

Granted, Trevor and the boys didn't have the high-pick calibre of last year, but with 3 in the 2nd I was really hoping for some major creativity from management, but it didn't happen.

McCarron struck me as a knee-jerk pick solely for his size, and Fucale was predictable if he was still available. The rest are mostly forgettable - longhsot with Lehkonen - but I don't think the sports media will be worshiping at the altar of Trevor this year, not by a longshot. Obviously too early to tell, but 2013 will be forgettable one for the books IMO. If we were in the top 3 winners in last year's draft, we're in the bottom 5 of this year's/ Shame, we really needed some hope after such a dismal ousting in the playoffs...

FlavorFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
I give A+ to Pyretta's dedication

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:49 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

What an aweful post have you seen any of these guys play?!

Old
06-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Darz

if only Timmins and company drafted based on the magazines YOU read

06-30-2013, 11:54 PM
Mrb1p

Yet if you replace DLR with Dauphin or Zykov the draft gets much much better.

Easily a B+ for me. Didn't happen #MEH

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kwikwi

I was disappointed with our 25th pick but I ask myself, which available player would have been better at this rank. Really tough, Zykov, Erne? I mean there was no clear player.

I gave the draft a solid B for needs. I was hoping for Carrier with the 55th pick and Subban for pure fun but im happy with Lekhonen.

To come back to McCarron, he is 6'5", 228p, which could become higher. Looked at puck control on the board and i loved this part of his game. Time will tell.

Kwikwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ginu

You know what, I think people are underwhelmed because they're not used to seeing us draft these types of players. Power forward types.

Size is as important to winning as skill in the playoffs. While the profile of player we drafted is different, it doesn't mean it's worse. Timmins' job is to evaluate upside.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:57 PM
jedimyrmidon

Folks on the main board seemed to like our draft for some reason. I guess Fucale helps and having so many picks in the Top 90.

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 11:58 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
what sucks the most about this draft is knowing that bergevin was trying hard to get morin...and we didn't. so heartbroken right now...just so devastated. it feels..really..really bad....feels like a big playoffs loss...****.....morin was going to be the antichara...he was finally going to matchup against that ape...and he was big and wild and canadian....from quebec even imagine.....**** this sucks soooo bad. i just can't get over it...i ****ing can't.

It might take some time but you will realize that Morin is very overrated right now.

I would have been mad if the Habs traded assets to move up for him.

Only time will tell but as a Rimouski Oceanic fan, I don't get the hype for Morin. Not saying that the kid isn't good but just not THAT good.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2006e.html

Looking at 7 years ago, so many players have never done much in the NHL (common knowledge).

It will take years to evaluate this draft.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:01 AM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post

His puck protection, forechecking, board play, flair and some passing was NHL worthy. Check it out. A beast amongst men.

he looks really ****ing raw, bad puck control and bad skating.. he just looks really awkward. its extremely odd to pick a project like mccaron in the 1st round, we'll have to see how things turn out

TT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:02 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

How about: by the time Morin is ready to be a regular NHL contributor, Chara will either be retired or on his last legs.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:03 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
I hear crying and complaining helps.
your right i feel much better

but just looked on the flyers board and they don't seem to be too happy about picking him...they wanted domi....they seem to believe he's got no offensive ability, which is probabley true but still the defensive side and the fighting....****...owell...we still got tinordi and beaulieu...hopefully we can add another badass to that and that should be enough.....wee need some bad ***** up front too...more badasses...

Old
07-01-2013, 12:05 AM
NotProkofievian

I gave this draft a B as some of the players are simply too hard to predict. It will be interesting to watch McCarron and Crisp over the next year to see how they develop. In a way, I think these two picks are Timmins swinging for the fences. For me, a lot of this draft's success hinges on these two picks, as I believe we'll get a couple NHL players out of the rest at least.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:05 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
How about: by the time Morin is ready to be a regular NHL contributor, Chara will either be retired or on his last legs.
that's pretty good....that makes me happy......the sooner chara is gone the better.

but i'd still like to see him just get beat the **** down once...just once...real ****ing good before he retires. maybe tinordi ccan deliver that fatal blow

Old
07-01-2013, 12:12 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:

Seek medical attention. Seriously.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:13 AM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Look at you guys freaking out like a bunch of baguls in heat. This draft is ok. McCarron was the right pick.

Yes, a bunch of baguls.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:27 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

lol, this is the first thing i see of him, but he looks like a big oaf out there.

hopefully, he pans out

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 12:27 AM
edsqu

Quote:
I gave an A because of what seems to have been Bergevin's PURPOSE going into the draft.

Bergevin said last year's draft was about scoring, this year's draft was about addressing size and character. He wasn't looking for a Zykov or a Mantha, he was looking for guys who complemented Collberg, Bozon and Hudon.

His quote: "Certain players get you into the playoffs, other players get you through the playoffs." I can't say I disagree with him.

I think Bergevin saw that we had a glaring hole in our prospect pool and felt he had to address it. I can't say I disagree with him. With limited number of contracts, I don't see a reason to draft another Collberg when the holes in our lineup can't be filled in UFA. This shows faith in who we drafted last year. I'm really excited that we finally know what it takes to win, that to me makes way more of a difference than one draft.

Our goal was not to draft BPA, it was to draft character guys with the highest upside to complement what we already have.
This guy knows whats up.

edsqu is offline   Reply With Quote