HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2014, 06:48 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
No Lemieux is straight up dirty. He's like Cooke.
Haven't see him enough to comment, but he's no chorus child, that's for sure. Labeling him as Cooke seems harsh though.

His father was a dirty player too, so I wouldn't be surprised. He seems to be a gamer though and a guy that will do everything to win. Type of guy you love as a teammate but dread as an opponent.

Old
01-21-2014, 07:05 PM
SquiddFX
#Seanski

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Haven't see him enough to comment, but he's no chorus child, that's for sure. Labeling him as Cooke seems harsh though.

His father was a dirty player too, so I wouldn't be surprised. He seems to be a gamer though and a guy that will do everything to win. Type of guy you love as a teammate but dread as an opponent.
When I was watching the top prospects game the commentators were comparing him to his father. They interviewed him between periods and asked him about the comparison and he said "I model myself after my father. He's my biggest fan and I am his."

Old
01-21-2014, 07:16 PM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:

Definitely a guy I'd look at in the 3rd round. Could definitely use some skilled role players that can do some of the dirty work and chip in offensively.

Old
01-21-2014, 08:45 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:

I've seen enough of him in the OHL. He'll spear you in the nuts, slash your ankle and hit you in the head every chance he gets. Above average puck skills though. If he can learn when to goon, he could be a useful bottom 6 player.

Been impressed with the Youngstown duo Kyle Connor mostly and Letunov as well. Larkin for the NTDP has taken big steps as well.

Old
01-21-2014, 09:32 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 50
Lemieux seems like a 2nd version of Stefan Matteau

Old
01-21-2014, 09:56 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Armstrong View Post
Lemieux seems like a 2nd version of Stefan Matteau
Lemieux is more of a pest than a Power Forward, and I believe he doesn't take as many stupid penalties as Matteau.

Old
01-22-2014, 01:57 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddFX View Post
When I was watching the top prospects game the commentators were comparing him to his father. They interviewed him between periods and asked him about the comparison and he said "I model myself after my father. He's my biggest fan and I am his."
I gather he's the son of Claude and not Mario.

Old
01-22-2014, 01:52 PM
S Bah

Lemieux may not be the poster boy type player that his father never portrayed, he most certainly could be a valuable addition to the Habs arsenal. Another player that could be drafted in the 3rd round is Connor Chatham of Plymouth (OHL), a PWF in the same mold as Lemieux and Connor Crisp. These are the glue guys that teams with SC aspirations need in the new NHL, players that can make room for the slick playmakers, find the front of the net and put the puck into it.

Tryamkin - LD - Behemoth- Russian Jr. Team is another gem that can make life easier for teammates, using his size and skating to make room. That is behemoth not mammoth all though there are similarities in size. The Habs made strides in the last draft towards beefing up, this is another great opportunity to add depth with these players. Injuries happen to big players also and having a bottom six with their particular talents is important. In the playoffs these are the players that allow their teammates a chance to use their playmaking, without being hammered by the goon squads of teams like Tor., Bos., Phi., LA., and St.Louis.

My thinking is the Habs better draft these guys now, so when Buffalo gets Zadorov, Ruotsalainen, Meyers, McNabb and Pysyk in their lineup, Tinordi will have some backup. Do not leave it until all our players are to old or past their prime again!

Last edited by S Bah: 01-22-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old
01-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
What round would Lemieux be projected to go?

Giving wear we will likely draft, Nick Ritchie will be a target the habs look at.

Old
01-22-2014, 03:32 PM
SquiddFX
#Seanski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
I gather he's the son of Claude and not Mario.
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Lemieux may not be the poster boy type player that his father never portrayed, he most certainly could be a valuable addition to the Habs arsenal. Another player that could be drafted in the 3rd round is Connor Chatham of Plymouth (OHL), a PWF in the same mold as Lemieux and Connor Crisp. These are the glue guys that teams with SC aspirations need in the new NHL, players that can make room for the slick playmakers, find the front of the net and put the puck into it.

Tryamkin - LD - Behemoth- Russian Jr. Team is another gem that can make life easier for teammates, using his size and skating to make room. That is behemoth not mammoth all though there are similarities in size. The Habs made strides in the last draft towards beefing up, this is another great opportunity to add depth with these players. Injuries happen to big players also and having a bottom six with their particular talents is important. In the playoffs these are the players that allow their teammates a chance to use their playmaking, without being hammered by the goon squads of teams like Tor., Bos., Phi., LA., and St.Louis.

My thinking is the Habs better draft these guys now, so when Buffalo gets Zadorov, Ruotsalainen, Meyers, McNabb and Pysyk in their lineup, Tinordi will have some backup. Do not leave it until all our players are to old or past their prime again!
Tryamkin is the 6'7" D right? How is his play?

Old
01-22-2014, 05:42 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddFX View Post
Bingo.

Tryamkin is the 6'7" D right? How is his play?
His play in the WJHCs was good enough to be on their 1st pairing, against the best his age group Under 20 and he is 19 playing in the KHL he is also 228 lbs. Russian Factor or not he can skate and pass with the best already in that group. If the Habs draft position allows they could pick Roland McKeown - RD- OHL in the first round, Tryamkin in the 2nd and possibly Connor Chatham in the 3rd.

These three could become vital pieces to a Habs team in 4-5 yrs, with proper development, be ready about the same time Buffalo is a SC contender. PK Subban & Tinordi would be in their primes as a 1st pairing with Price and Fucale all under 30. The Habs would resemble an All-Star team with Galchenyuk leading the offence, @ 24 yrs., Pacioretty & Eller @ 29 yrs.

Last edited by S Bah: 01-22-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old
01-22-2014, 06:24 PM
BrimStone64

Timmins is good judge of skill but wonder on his ability to judge a player's mental toghness. He spent some first picks on guys with questionable demeanors. Leblanc, Kostitsyn, Kritso, Fischer and maybe even McCarron.

Old
01-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Hansman

Going to watch Kootenay Ice next week.Any certain player s I should concentrate on for the upcoming draft?

Old
01-22-2014, 09:34 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansman View Post
Going to watch Kootenay Ice next week.Any certain player s I should concentrate on for the upcoming draft?
Luke Philp is worth a look PPG. RH - Center 49 pts - 48 gms. Eisenschmidt Is another RHC for Medicine Hat that might be worthy.

Last edited by S Bah: 01-22-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old
01-22-2014, 10:38 PM
Et le But

Time to start looking at top 10 picks.

Old
01-22-2014, 11:19 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Time to start looking at top 10 picks.
The way the team is playing right now I wouldn't be shocked if we ended up between 8-14 in the draft...

Old
01-23-2014, 08:50 AM
WestIslander

I want Michael DalColle, Brendan Perlini or Nick Ritchie this year.

Old
01-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Mathletic

Bob McKenzie's rankings tonight 7:30 on TSN

Old
01-23-2014, 09:27 AM
WeThreeKings
Retired.

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'd kill to get Dal Colle. Big kid and an unreal shot.

Old
01-23-2014, 02:32 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'd kill to get Dal Colle. Big kid and an unreal shot.
You forgot his playmaking which is his best asset imo. The only thing I don't like is he doesn't use his size.

Old
01-23-2014, 02:37 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
His play in the WJHCs was good enough to be on their 1st pairing, against the best his age group Under 20 and he is 19 playing in the KHL he is also 228 lbs. Russian Factor or not he can skate and pass with the best already in that group. If the Habs draft position allows they could pick Roland McKeown - RD- OHL in the first round, Tryamkin in the 2nd and possibly Connor Chatham in the 3rd.

These three could become vital pieces to a Habs team in 4-5 yrs, with proper development, be ready about the same time Buffalo is a SC contender. PK Subban & Tinordi would be in their primes as a 1st pairing with Price and Fucale all under 30. The Habs would resemble an All-Star team with Galchenyuk leading the offence, @ 24 yrs., Pacioretty & Eller @ 29 yrs.
The Three prospects above best development possibilities are s follows:

McKeown - A larger fast skating Markov.
Tryamkin - A replica of Chara with better skating.
Chatham - A Backes type forward with bigger proportions.

Old
01-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

Rookie Ehlers Ripping It Up

http://theqmjhl.ca/article/rookie-ehlers-ripping-it-up

Quote:
Even the Halifax Mooseheads couldn’t have expected Nikolaj Ehlers to be this good this soon.
With the sixth pick in last year’s CHL Import Draft, Mooseheads’ General Manager Cam Russell was hoping for an impact player to help lessen the sting of losing Europeans Martin Frk and Konrad Abeltshauser from last year’s Memorial Cup winning team. He chose the Danish-born Ehlers from Biel of the Swiss ‘A’ league and the decision started paying off right away.

Most 17 year-old rookies take a while to adjust to the pace of the QMJHL, but Ehlers isn’t your average first year player. Through his first 43 games, the right winger had 28 goals and 64 points, establishing himself as arguably the league’s top rookie. From his first game in a new league and a new country, it was obvious he has special talent.

Old
01-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

Whoops - made an error on that...my list and not McKeen's I'll post the top 30 in a couple of minutes.

Last edited by Grant McCagg: 01-23-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old
01-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Fozz

I'm intrigued by Adrian Kempe. Said to be one of the better playmaker in this draft, which is something our prospect pool is seriously lacking. Probably more than anything else at this point and time. Also one of, if not the youngest draft-eligible player (1996-09-13).

Old
01-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

McKeen's top 30

Sam Reinhart
Aaron Ekblad
Sam Bennett
Michael Dal Colle
Leon Draisaitl
Nick Ritchie
Jared McCann
Nikolaj Ehlers
Brendan Perlini
Haydn Fleury

Jake Virtanen
Julius Honka
Ivan Barbashev
Adrian Kempe
Nick Schmaltz
William Nylander
Dylan Larkin
Joshua Ho-Sang
Sonny Milano
Anton Karlsson

Alex Tuch
David Pastrnak
Jakub Vrana
Nikolai Goldobin
Kasperi Kapanen
Brycen Martin
Jack Glover
Robert Fabbri
Jack Dougherty
Roland McKeown

I'll be on twitter tonight for a bit if you'd like to ask some draft questions.
@grantmccagg

Closed Thread