Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster/Trade/Etc Discussion Part IX: Offseason

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2013, 04:36 AM
Finnpin

vCash: 500
Do you guys see Bob trying to go after Filppula? at least to give an offer?

Old
07-02-2013, 04:42 AM
idiroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
He should be trying to sway one of the UFA centers available. Filppula, Weiss, Ribeiro, Bozak, etc. But only for the right money and term.

Old
07-02-2013, 04:56 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by idiroft View Post
But only for the right money and term.
Those words don't match with word UFA

Old
07-02-2013, 05:06 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Not at the prices he'll end up demanding. Also we'd need to move either Hiller or a defenseman in order to afford him.

He'd be a great fit @ $4 - $4.5M as he can play C or LW, is great defensively and should be able to produce at a good rate for us but chances are someone gives him well over $5M.

On a completely unrelated note I was reading allducks.com for the first time in forever earlier and found some interesting quotes from Murray - on allducks they post screenshots of ocregister articles. Murray was told we were on Vinny's shortlist so he made the call to see what terms etc he was after before bowing out. He also commented on Edler - said if someone of that caliber is made available you have to call to see if things can be worked out but that Vancouver didn't have much interest in trading him after the Schneider deal. Thought it was interesting that Vinny had us on his list before we reached out to him - it's good to know players of his caliber are willing to come here.

Most of the info you can find on Stephens' twitter but there are a few quotes I hadn't seen before.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:34 AM
Unagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Thought it was interesting that Vinny had us on his list before we reached out to him - it's good to know players of his caliber are willing to come here.
Remember he has no interest in a big market and since he chose Tampa Bay long term he probably likes the beach. Not representative of the usal big free agents.

Old
07-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Bickell got 4m×4, Bozak wants 5m over long term, forget getting anyone at reasonable term and money.

Old
07-02-2013, 09:13 AM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 133
I would love to see a hiller/allen/souray deal in the next day or two, it would be pretty cool to reunite penner with getz and pears and have ryan be a mainstay on the 2nd line with etem/palms and boner/holland in the middle.

Only take penner on a massive discount,however. Guy only had 2 goals last year.

Old
07-02-2013, 09:28 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Having Penner on that top line at this point would be painful, rather see Beleskey there if we were going that route. At least he's quickish and actually works hard.

Old
07-02-2013, 09:34 AM
CrazyDuck4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Having Penner on that top line at this point would be painful, rather see Beleskey there if we were going that route. At least he's quickish and actually works hard.
Thats actually a great idea... You dont understand.. Penner would dominate with the twins!! Weve seen it before.. They can do it again..

Old
07-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Penner could struggle to get a one-way contact from any NHL team.

Old
07-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDuck4u View Post
Thats actually a great idea... You dont understand.. Penner would dominate with the twins!! Weve seen it before.. They can do it again..
Well, we have also seen Ryan dominate with the twins, and we're not seeing that anymore, so "they can do it again" isn't the best selling point. However, if he's dirt cheap, I would give him a shot. But I think some team will pay him a fair bit still, and we won't and shouldn't just blindly gamble on him working there again.

Old
07-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Ah, the yearly Penner thing...

Old
07-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

My hopes of signing any free agents have quickly been doused since the draft. Simply no room to do it. IMO if one of Allen or Souray was going to be moved, it would have already happened. From that interview Murray had it sounded like he was made aware that we were one of the places Vinny wanted to go. However when he heard about the price and term, he "got out of it". No other Ufa 2nd line center is going to be cheaper than 5 million IMO.

So IMO the "changes" is going to be one bottom 2 lines forward. Typical promises and lies with Murray. Absolutely no reason we should have both Souray and Allen on the team right now. Yeah I know there's still time but IMO, a move would have happened by now so he could be aggressive once free agency starts.

Old
07-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Oh spoke with Bobby Ryan yesterday. I asked him if he gets nervous when all the rumors started up at the draft he said "I was extremely nervous. Just tried to play some golf to ignore it as much as possible."

Also told me that somehow he was aware that they were listening to a few offers but he said that he got a few texts that told him he was safe.

I'm not sure what that means. Whether meaning he was safe for the day or the offseason. I didn't ask him to elaborate.

Just thought I'd share.

Old
07-02-2013, 10:12 AM
CrazyDuck4u

Ducks need a partner for Fowler and Rob Scuderi would be a perfect fit for him!!!! What you guys think?

Old
07-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDuck4u View Post
Ducks need a partner for Fowler and Rob Scuderi would be a perfect fit for him!!!! What you guys think?
I brought him up a while back in the old thread. He plays the left side but I think he'd be a solid addition. Again though, since both Souray and Allen are still here, and we just re-signed Lovejoy, looks like our defense is set whether we like it or not.

Old
07-02-2013, 10:27 AM
quentez
#8 Teemu Legend

As long as we don't deal Hiller or Souray/Allen, I think there will be very little action from our side.

My predictions:
- keep Ryan
- sign Koivu at $3m-ish
- keep Bonino at 2C
- retain the 3rd line together
- 4th line will consist of Beleskey, Maroon, DSP, Laganiere, Staubitz on the wings and a rotation of Holland, Rakell and perhaps Karlsson at C.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Gibson Les Palms

From Friedman's 30 thoughts

Quote:
25. Another summer, another season of Bobby Ryan rumours. All I heard at the draft was, "If he gets traded, it's because you'll look at the deal and understand why.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...er-sheets.html

Old
07-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Old Man Barking

Just because we dropped out of the Vinny sweepstakes doesn't mean we won't make a signing for a center. Vinny is a bit older and I personally don't see him as a great fit for us here. Maybe Bob has his eyes set on another player.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:46 AM
rollingdux

I think we'll see a move by Friday. There's just not enough $ for free agency if we re-sign Palms/Koivu/Beleskey. Plus Selanne is still a ? Maroon will be in Anaheim next season so he could potentially replace Beleskey.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Gibson Les Palms

LeBrun was just on TSN radio in Toronto and said the Ducks had 'a lot' of interest in Lecavalier but weren't willing to go over 2 years.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Theridion

Heres my problem.

Signing sourray and allen for 3.5 mil deals. We could have instead invested 6 mil in a good defender and 1 mil in a rookie playing. And we would be better off.

Same situation this year. If hiller is gone, one guy signed for 5 mil and a 1 mil youngster is better than scrounging up 2 guys for 3 mil.

If it doesnt work out, dumping one contract for 6 mil is easier than 2 crappy contracts at 3.5.

So lets say penner + player x will each sign for 3 mil. Or, lecavalier will sign for 5 mil.

I would take lecavalier and the rookie, over two ufas that no one wants to pay over 2-3 mil for.

Old
07-02-2013, 11:59 AM
rollingdux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
Heres my problem.

Signing sourray and allen for 3.5 mil deals. We could have instead invested 6 mil in a good defender and 1 mil in a rookie playing. And we would be better off.

Same situation this year. If hiller is gone, one guy signed for 5 mil and a 1 mil youngster is better than scrounging up 2 guys for 3 mil.

If it doesnt work out, dumping one contract for 6 mil is easier than 2 crappy contracts at 3.5.

So lets say penner + player x will each sign for 3 mil. Or, lecavalier will sign for 5 mil.

I would take lecavalier and the rookie, over two ufas that no one wants to pay over 2-3 mil for.
I wouldn't mind us paying Vinny 5 mil, but not for 5 yrs. I think BM would have been all over that if 5 mil for 2 yrs would get him.

Old
07-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

If we figure out how to free up a few shekels we better not waste them signing Penner.

Old
07-02-2013, 12:02 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
Heres my problem.

What good UFA defencemen could we of invested it in?

Closed Thread