HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col/pit

Old
07-01-2013, 01:46 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvnm View Post
Given that we have Barrie and Elliott in our system, wouldn't he be a bit redundant for the Avs as well? My only other reservation is that the Avs lack organizational depth on the wings (aided, but not fixed, by the Tanguay trade). I don't see us using O'Reilly as a winger long-term (i.e., one of Stastny or O'Reilly will not be on the Avs by next season), so trading away McGinn might be a bit of a problem. However, if we can find a replacement in FA, the proposal may have legs.
Niskanen is more experienced and has shown he can handle 20+ minutes a night. That would be the appeal, if Colorado valued such things.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:46 AM
YEAHSO
Yer opinion is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
McGinn would be a consistent 30 goal scorer on Crosby's line.
Nah, he'd just hit twice as many posts.

YEAHSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 01:57 AM
zxcvnm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Niskanen is more experienced and has shown he can handle 20+ minutes a night. That would be the appeal, if Colorado valued such things.
Maybe I should have rephrased: the trade would probably make at least one of Elliott or Barrie redundant in our system. Not necessarily a bad thing, because we could potentially move one of them with other pieces to upgrade the team elsewhere.

zxcvnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:35 AM
CobraAcesS

Sorry as an Avs fan I pass, not enough of an upgrade to be honest and McGinn is an RFA so hes under control while Niskanen is a UFA.

If you want to talk about one of Pits left handed defense prospects, sure. McGinn has a lot more value than a pending UFA bottom 4 defender though. The last thing we need is a right handed softer version of Wilson.

If Colorado did this, it would be just as bad as the Neal trade IMO. We'd end up looking stupid in a year...

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Barrie has showed he can handle 20+ minutes a night as well...

Maybe try watching some Avs games before talking out of your ass.
Maybe you should just relax. I meant to refer only to Elliott and forgot. My mistake.

Shouldn't a guy whose team just drafted MacKinnon be a little happier tonight?

Old
07-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Relaxedriley
Slightly Sober

vCash: 203
I have nothing new to add here, I just wanted to post in a reasonable trade proposal.

As an Avs fan I pass, only because I believe the players we have in our system who are close to NHL ready fill the Niskanen role better than the Mcginn role.

We need defense, but it's high end talent we lack; not offensive middle pairing guys. I vote we make a package for a #2 guy (a true #1 is unrealistic) or suck for another year, draft top 10 and then sign a good FA dman for a bit too much cash.

Relaxedriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:51 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Fair value, but we really don't have many physical wingers that can play in the top 6, we're pretty soft after McGinn and Landeskog. Not sure I'd do this deal, but only because of fit

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 03:53 AM
PitPenguin

Interesting

Since the Av's are my favorite team in the West and coming from a pittsburgh perspective. I like this trade on both sides. helps pens shed salary later on too if it didn't work out.

Plus considering Nisky was a throw in from a trade involving Neal, bet if you told Shero then. Nisky would be moved for a player McGinn, he wouldn't believe you lol

However McGinn was one of my least favorite players on the Av's because you saw the potential but never really put it together on most nights. A change in franchise could help that.

But this trade won't happen because it is fair and that doesn't exist in Gary Bettman's NHL

PitPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 05:01 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitPenguin View Post
Since the Av's are my favorite team in the West and coming from a pittsburgh perspective. I like this trade on both sides. helps pens shed salary later on too if it didn't work out.

Plus considering Nisky was a throw in from a trade involving Neal, bet if you told Shero then. Nisky would be moved for a player McGinn, he wouldn't believe you lol

However McGinn was one of my least favorite players on the Av's because you saw the potential but never really put it together on most nights. A change in franchise could help that.

But this trade won't happen because it is fair and that doesn't exist in Gary Bettman's NHL
How is a pending RFA for a pending UFA fair? Especially when it does not fit our needs... We need top four left handed defenders. All in all we need a top 3 left handed defender. Not a fringe #4-6 defender.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 05:16 AM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 0
Avs don't fix their problems by adding more #4 defenders. That just keeps the status quo going, even if it might have a slightly different flavor.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Maybe at the deadline after we've had some time to evaluate our team under Roy. But I'd rather a lefty, so adding for Despres makes more sense for us despite his obviously higher price tag.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:27 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
Definitely a good value trade. Doesn't sound like the Avs fans like it though, which does surprise me. Thought they were after D.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:37 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
Definitely a good value trade. Doesn't sound like the Avs fans like it though, which does surprise me. Thought they were after D.
We are hard after D. But we need first and foremost a top pairing kind of D. Niskanen to me would be highly redundant in Denver.
Certainly would not give up McGinn for him who would blossom in Pittsburgh.

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Spreadin Cheer;Mumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Maybe at the deadline after we've had some time to evaluate our team under Roy. But I'd rather a lefty, so adding for Despres makes more sense for us despite his obviously higher price tag.
Trading the projected partner for Letang on an ELC doesn't make sense for Pittsburgh. Despres is the reason Niskanen is expendable.

Old
07-01-2013, 10:01 AM
BumFortyOne

For those saying they don't want Niskanen because he's right-handed, he has played the left side almost exclusively in Pittsburgh.

BumFortyOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:56 AM
m0ngr31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Fair value, but we really don't have many physical wingers that can play in the top 6, we're pretty soft after McGinn and Landeskog. Not sure I'd do this deal, but only because of fit
This guy says hi

m0ngr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Saving Greiss
#Bortuzzoed

Meh. The Pens could still use Niskanen. Niskanen isn't the type of defender that Colorado needs.

Saving Greiss is offline   Reply With Quote