HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

2013 Draft- 5th Round- Saku Maenalanen-RW

Old
07-01-2013, 06:46 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
2013 Draft- 5th Round- Saku Maenalanen-RW

NHL.com ranked #130. He's 6'3" 176 lbs. and had 58 points (23/35) for Karpat Jr. in Finland.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake

Had a down year in his first year eligible for the draft due to experiencing a growth spurt of several inches that he needed to adjust to. Adjusted last season and was second leading scorer on his team. Expected to play for Karpat in FNL next season.

Quote:
Second year eligible winger with good feet, burst, agility who has caught up with to his growth spurt and has shed the awkwardness that was present earlier. He was selected to the roster for the World Junior Under-18 Tournament in April, and it provided him with platforn to show his improvements as a possible NHLer player due to his all around versatibilty. big body that finishes checks, and plays a robust all-in style combined with some offensive upside. He may not project as a high end guy, and needs to get stronger, but he may eventually be able to slide up & down through the bottom nine.

--Bill Placzek
http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/...nalanen/20697/

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 02:49 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
MN fan coming in peace, I like this pick for you. Great upside, I considered him a potential top-75 pick when I saw that he had grown after last year.

Only downside is that his surname will get absolutely butchered by everyone who is not Finnish, because it's not the easiest one to pronounce even for the natives.

It roughly translates to "The one under the hill", and yeah, it's a weird name. I suppose you could get closest by spelling it as "Man'n'Lenin" or something along those lines.