HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Development Camp (July 3rd - July 7th)

Old
07-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Patches should lend him some of his body parts....they are indestructible!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:13 PM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
A bit misleading to say he was 3rd in scoring, since he was tied with 2 other forwards who played less games than him.

So basically he was one of the least productive top 6 forward on the team.
The glass is half empty, damnit, half empty!!!

Ok, I'm negative too, I shouldn't comment.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Turianel

All of you thank for going there and giving us report! So much better to read them other part of this forum.

Futur is bright, we finished first even with the last bad games... The team is better then what it's told!

Thanks!

Turianel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 08:25 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
McCarron's skating looks fine to me. Agility needs to work on. But the kid isn't slow by any means. He has good speed once his first steps are passed, which he will have to work on. But again, nice powerful skater. Good strides. You will be impressed if you think he's below average 'cause he is most absolutely not.
Okay, so at worst, he makes it to the NHL as a 4th liner.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:00 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 300
The players don't actually get into fights at the dev camp, do they??

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:00 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe Armstrong View Post
The players don't actually get into fights at the dev camp, do they??
Not unless PK Subban is attending

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Kobe Armstrong

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That Ben Maxwell is a dirty son of a ***** haha

Kobe Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

No interviews from the prospect camp ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:55 PM
otto bond

Seems like we have depth on Dman. I like both Tinordi and Beaulieu. Pateryn is groing on me.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 09:59 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Or Plekanec, or Zednik, or Dykhuis

Thread from 2006: What Montreal needs is more fights in practice.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=215169

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 11:08 PM
jedimyrmidon

This thread is like an oasis of calm and peace compared to the frothing madness going on in other places.

Hopefully McCarron is okay after getting the puck in the face.

Last edited by jedimyrmidon: 07-05-2013 at 11:16 PM.
jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:03 AM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
This thread is like an oasis of calm and peace compared to the frothing madness going on in other places.

Hopefully McCarron is okay after getting the puck in the face.
Did the puck survive?

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 04:27 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
Did the puck survive?
He chewed it to pulp

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Top Corner2

Well I guess nobody was there yesterday while Martin Lapointe led the team in the face deflection/character drills.

I was there two days ago and saw the scrimmage until the power went out (just as we signed Briere....coincidence?)

Duffy - I really like this kid & I'm glad we signed him. He works the boards really well and is able to wiggle to the front of the net after protecting the puck down low. I didn't see anything flashy but he was always on the puck and had really good instincts. reminds me of Ben Maxwell back when we used to like him....but he is a bit more desperate. I like this signing a lot.

MacAulay - Big kid knows how to play hockey and use his body. Plays a simple effective game. Had instant chemistry with Vail who also plays a great straightforward game. Doesn't seem overly physical or mean, but goes to the front of the net. Good signing...should be good depth in Hamilton.

Reway - Holy small Batman. This kid makes Colberg look like a giant. Really. Still he get's in there and battles. He often has the puck and his line is often generating chances.....I see why they picked him. Obviously nice hands & smooth skater...plays a more up and down game than I was expecting....

Hudon - Get excited....I love this kid! The next Danny Briere? I think so....very similar game.

more later!

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:30 AM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Well I guess nobody was there yesterday while Martin Lapointe led the team in the face deflection/character drills.

I was there two days ago and saw the scrimmage until the power went out (just as we signed Briere....coincidence?)

Duffy - I really like this kid & I'm glad we signed him. He works the boards really well and is able to wiggle to the front of the net after protecting the puck down low. I didn't see anything flashy but he was always on the puck and had really good instincts. reminds me of Ben Maxwell back when we used to like him....but he is a bit more desperate. I like this signing a lot.

MacAulay - Big kid knows how to play hockey and use his body. Plays a simple effective game. Had instant chemistry with Vail who also plays a great straightforward game. Doesn't seem overly physical or mean, but goes to the front of the net. Good signing...should be good depth in Hamilton.

Reway - Holy small Batman. This kid makes Colberg look like a giant. Really. Still he get's in there and battles. He often has the puck and his line is often generating chances.....I see why they picked him. Obviously nice hands & smooth skater...plays a more up and down game than I was expecting....

Hudon - Get excited....I love this kid! The next Danny Briere? I think so....very similar game.

more later!

Thanks for the report!!! Did we sign Duffy?

EveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

more later!
Thanks a lot! When is later...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Thanks for the report!!! Did we sign Duffy?
Not yet. Only invitations to dev. camp.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:41 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

more later!
Don't say that to this board. They'll say he sucks and is useless due to his size

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

more later!
Thanks for the report, but we didn't sign Duffy, or MacAuley.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Thanks for the report, but we didn't sign Duffy, or MacAuley.
I think you guys are right...there was a report awhile back that we had signed them....but I'm not sure if it was correct:

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3109

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Don't say that to this board. They'll say he sucks and is useless due to his size
Prime Briere didn't suck, only 35 year old washed up Briere.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I think you guys are right...there was a report awhile back that we had signed them....but I'm not sure if it was correct:

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=3109
Yeah. We all thought that, too, but it turned out to be they accepted invites. Gabriel Desjardins confirmed it on his twitter.

Old
07-06-2013, 10:27 AM
That

Just want to say thanks to Whitesnake, Marc, Ryan Madden, Top Corner2, and anyone else who I'm forgetting for taking the time to attend the development camp and report on the players!

That is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:28 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Prime Briere didn't suck, only 35 year old washed up Briere.

Ah ***** up, could you let the guy at least dress up once before calling him washed up?

And you call yourself a fan of this team.... you should be ashamed!!!

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:46 AM
lou

Thanks to all the local guys for posting reports from the camps.

lou is offline   Reply With Quote