HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Former King Visheau suing Centinela

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2005, 07:25 PM
  #1
Mxpunk
Registered User
 
Mxpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: RPV, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,269
vCash: 500
Former King Visheau suing Centinela

In today's Daily Breeze , there is an article about former King Mark Visheau. Apparently he is suing Centinela Hospital for $30 million in a medical malpractice suit at Torrance Superior Court.
I looked for an article online, but I couldn't find one...Thus, here is my summary:

Visheau is claiming the doctors misdiagnosed his kidney problem by, and told him it may be career-threatening unless he underwent surgery. Visheau claims the surgery ended his career and was misdiagnosed. The doctors are claiming Visheau's career ended with the Kings because no one wanted to sign him & his condition was the result of a birth defect...The case was originally dismissed as a nonsuit because Visheau missed the statute of limitations, but it was sent back to the trial court on appeal because of possible wrongdoing by the doctors.

Mxpunk is offline  
Old
06-14-2005, 11:29 PM
  #2
Dooney
Love me some Carter!
 
Dooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny So Cal.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk
In today's Daily Breeze , there is an article about former King Mark Visheau. Apparently he is suing Centinela Hospital for $30 million in a medical malpractice suit at Torrance Superior Court.
I looked for an article online, but I couldn't find one...Thus, here is my summary:

Visheau is claiming the doctors misdiagnosed his kidney problem by, and told him it may be career-threatening unless he underwent surgery. Visheau claims the surgery ended his career and was misdiagnosed. The doctors are claiming Visheau's career ended with the Kings because no one wanted to sign him & his condition was the result of a birth defect...The case was originally dismissed as a nonsuit because Visheau missed the statute of limitations, but it was sent back to the trial court on appeal because of possible wrongdoing by the doctors.
I though if you missed the statute of limitations on Med-Mal you were SOL, even if the evidence is compelling? Anyone know?

Dooney is offline  
Old
06-15-2005, 10:57 AM
  #3
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooney & Bourke
I though if you missed the statute of limitations on Med-Mal you were SOL, even if the evidence is compelling? Anyone know?
this explains it

http://www.metnews.com/articles/vish012403.htm


This article is short (you have to buy the rest) but has some good info

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/summ...M&referid=2090

 
Old
06-15-2005, 06:12 PM
  #4
Dooney
Love me some Carter!
 
Dooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny So Cal.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
this explains it

http://www.metnews.com/articles/vish012403.htm


This article is short (you have to buy the rest) but has some good info

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/summ...M&referid=2090
Thanks KJ! This helps me alot!

Dooney is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.