HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2014 Calder Trophy prediction

Old
07-11-2013, 12:08 PM
hockeydude1
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Bjugstad or Barkov

hockeydude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Ruston*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydude1 View Post
Bjugstad or Barkov
in 2015? sure

Ruston* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Trae

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
But he wont, he wont usurp Duchene and ROR, not in his first year.

I think he will be a better player than both, but thats in a few years. Not now.
Agreed!

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Sloth Slothersons*

Drouin will be a finalist, if not the outright winner.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:39 PM
blinkman360
Norris

I'd love to see Strome stick with Tavares/Moulson and Drouin with Stamkos/MSL. If that happens I'm assuming they would both be the clear favorites.

TBL fans, how likely is it that Drouin starts on Stamkos' line?

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:55 PM
McDuul

vCash: 50
Klefbom will probably be the best rookie defenceman this coming season.

McDuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 01:58 PM
ALI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I'd love to see Strome stick with Tavares/Moulson and Drouin with Stamkos/MSL. If that happens I'm assuming they would both be the clear favorites.

TBL fans, how likely is it that Drouin starts on Stamkos' line?
Not a TB fan but it would a huge mistake to put Drouin on the first line that line would get ***** defensively. it should like this:

Killorn Stamkos MSL
Drouin Flip Purcell

something like that

ALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
3 Beers 1 Cup

I could see Drouin putting up 55 points if given the ice time and line mates.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:17 PM
GetThePuckOut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
I could see Drouin putting up 55 points if given the ice time and line mates.
65 points.

GetThePuckOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Sventastic47

Sven or Drouin

Sventastic47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Yeah, I'm definitely thinking Drouin will win it.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Mika Hoffmanijad

vCash: 966
Mark Stone

Mika Hoffmanijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2013, 09:52 PM
Weakside Lock
Champions

Strome or MacKinnon. Drouin would be my other choice if one of those two don't win it.

Weakside Lock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 12:56 AM
geoo9

Ristolainen wiil win calder in Finland)

geoo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
This is almost impossible to do without seeing line placement and some of the things that will go on. For instance I don't think they are breaking up St. Louis - Stamkos - Purcell, putting Drouin with Filppula. You want to balance the offense. So right now I would lean toward Filip Forsberg, think he is going to get premium ice-time and told to be an offensive guy. Sven Bärtschi also looks like he will have a pretty good gig.
I like what you have to say all the time is funny. Good to see another detroit fan. I am also tampa fan been here 16 years now but been fan since inception cause knew was coming here.

Enough on that Cooper likes to mix up lines with a big. I think Drouin gets some experience etc.. on power play with Stamkos at times. Drouin is a lot better player scorer with his hands than I thought to be honest after watching a lot of development camp that being said Kucherov might surprise also. They sent weight coaches home with drouin and richard's today and also separately with Kucherov. I dont think we can hold that man down long Palat stats have been amazing last year 0.5 this year 1.0 playoffs 1.5 everyone in syracuse says he is glue to team!! Cooper knows what he knows johnson 1.0 two years in a row.

Again think big purcell might lose first round spot to killorn.

Might be drouin valtteri and purcell
johnson palat and malone
thompson panik connolly or labrie jt brown is many others yet he likes to mix the mixture and have a good guy in front of net at decent size and I do not see that changing until they bring up kucherov.

When that happens kucherov and stamkos will be playing at circles and quarterback will be marty or drouin and honestly from what I have seen of kucherovs slap shot?

He won 3-3 quarterfinals semi finals and finals quaters went into 7 round shootout with his slapper he is sick and another stamkos with big game potential cause his team lost its first three games the day before and kucherov has done this on world stages in past over and over.

So I see that line one day being like kurri messier and gretsky.

Yep plenty of you will doubt that I wouldnt I watched the future this week imo and his name was not drouin whom I think passing wise is next sydney crosby and has more scoring than I thought 100% more scoring with his hands shooting puck etc.. he is real deal drouin but kucherov? Might wind up being stamkos 2.0 just sick.

So I give it this year to baertsch? Think thats how you spell it or Tarasenko if he is eligible see big jump for him sure drouin could hit 50 points though yet doubt it.

Cooper expects two way play. Should limit his time no matter the offensive skill at this point wouldnt even be surprised if doesnt hit weight stevie wanted if doenst come up instantly know you all would be shocked by not me.

We got others stevie is patient our group is ahead of schedule thanks to people like palat and johnson whom moved up way faster than ever imagined etc..

Also wouldnt count out tatar for detroit.

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 01:06 AM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI View Post
Not a TB fan but it would a huge mistake to put Drouin on the first line that line would get ***** defensively. it should like this:

Killorn Stamkos MSL
Drouin Flip Purcell

something like that
We think the same Ali too bad your not a fan

Old
07-12-2013, 01:17 AM
Unfinished Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruston View Post
Barkov is already the most talented center the Panthers have, which is sad. He'll get the big minutes that accompany a 1C at even strength, PPand PK, not to mention, the benfits of playing alongside the reigning Calder Trophy winner. And for those concerned with his adjustment to the North American rinks/style, being 6'3", 200+ lbs. goes a LONG way in that regard. It's not like Barkov is known for being soft.

Seeing as Florida will once again be expected to do nothing, no rookie will be given a longer leash.

If more folks were familiar with the situation in Sunrise, Barkov would be the runaway favorite to win the Calder.
I really liked barkov's special shooting ability he makes shots like dayksuk that seem impossible which takes a lot of practice and trial error? Yet dont feel he has the people to help him enough to win the calder in first year. Just my opinion

Old
07-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Unfinished Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhawk View Post
[/B]

I dont get this.Pirri wont win because he will have Sharp and Hossa on his line,but Drouin will win because he has Stamkos and ST Louis on his???

I'll like Pirri's chances.A little older(22)and more seasoned than the others.Has 2yrs in AHL and led league in scoring last yr.Will be given every opportunity to succeed playing between Hossa and Sharp.He is an excellent offensive player whose biggest knock was his defense.However,according the all the reports I've read,he has improved in this area to the point that,while not a defensive whiz,he is at least competent.Plus Sharp and Hossa are 2 of the best two-way players in the game so they should make up for any deficiencies in his D.I think he's more than a dark horse and has as good a chance as anyone else.

My picks for the 3 finalists right now would be(in no particular order)Pirri,Barkov and Forsberg.
I know pirri has a lot of talent but you dont think bickell earned the shot with that line in stanley cup last year? 17 points? They just gave him 4 million a year? You think he gets Pirri that is any time on power play off the bat? Also have handzus?

Old
07-12-2013, 01:38 AM
CanucksCupHopes*

Schroeder mihht have a little chance

CanucksCupHopes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 1323
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
I know pirri has a lot of talent but you dont think bickell earned the shot with that line in stanley cup last year? 17 points? They just gave him 4 million a year? You think he gets Pirri that is any time on power play off the bat? Also have handzus?
What the hell are you talking about?
Pirri is a center. Bickell is not. Hossa is not, Sharp is not.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 02:26 AM
Godot
Justice is blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydude1 View Post
Bjugstad or Barkov
Not biased at all.

Godot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 05:37 AM
Hedning
A New Beginning

Don't see Barkov as a potential winner. A 18 year old coming from a lesser league (equal to the bottom of SHL & the top in Swedens second tier) and playing on a bigger rink, should not be hold the responsibility to lead a NHL team as a first line center his first year. That would be utterly stupid from the Florida management... Ease him in in the league and don't rush him! (could end in disaster) If he's ready to take a bigger responsibility after a while, then you can move him up the lines.

Anyway, my vote goes to Drouin or Jones.

Hedning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 06:10 AM
Scaleo

Scheifele.

Scaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 08:47 AM
rileymac79

vCash: 778
Strome

rileymac79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16

It's a crowded field this year, that's for sure. Here's a few popular picks that are doubtful:

Seth Jones - very difficult for 19 y/o defenseman to learn the game and put up enough points to win the Calder. Very unlikely.

Jonathan Drouin - Classic case of too good for junior, not enough man-strength for the NHL. I hope they send him back.

Baertschi - Nothing against him, but he'll have no help. Really hard to succeed in that context. He might do as well as Huberdeau did, but the competition will be stiffer than last year.

Grigorenko - I don't see it. At all.

Brock Nelson - He'll be playing a third line role without significant PP time. He won't produce big numbers in that role.

Monahan - Flames fans dreaming.

Here's who I think the real contenders will be:

1. MacKinnon - has explosiveness and some help. Again, physically there. Of all the guys here, he can create most for himself.

2. Trouba - He's got a lot of help, which gives him more freedom. Physically there.

3. Strome - He still has a baby face, but he grew up a lot. Game is built to play left half boards on the PP opposite Tavares.

4. Pirri - Will be able to pad his assist total. Will he score goals?

5. Schiefele - He'll be skating with good players. Big help.

I don't know enough about Nicushkin, Barkov, or Lindholm to comment.

Overall, I like MacKinnon as the favorite.

Felix Unger is online now   Reply With Quote