HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 Keeper League Dilemma

View Poll Results: What Player to Franchise?
Tom Brady 3 33.33%
CJ Spiller 5 55.56%
LeSean McCoy 1 11.11%
Andre Johnson 0 0%
Darren McFadden 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-02-2013, 12:34 AM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

vCash: 500
2013 Keeper League Dilemma

I am in a 14 team ppr big money keeper league.Scoring is 6 for pass/rush/rec TDs, we start 1 QB,2 RB,2 WR,1 TE,1 K,1D and 1 Flex.1 pt for 10 yd rush/rec,1 pt for 25 yard pass and 5 point bonus at 100 yards rush or receive and 300 yard pass.In August we are voting on expanding to 2 keepers but they must be at separate positions.Assuming that the 2 keepers doesn't pass, which 1 of these players should I keep?

Tom Brady
CJ Spiller
Darren McFadden
Lesean McCoy
Andre Johnson

I automatically figured I would keep Brady at the conclusion of last season since he has been in the top 5 for my league scoring each of the last 3 seasons but after losing Welker,Lloyd,Woodhead,Gronk having 2 major surgeries this off-season and Hernandez getting cut I am not so sure Brady will still be a top 2 QB anymore.

I also think McCoy will lose a lot of touches to Bryce Brown next year so I am leaning towards keeping Spiller.He had the best fantasy points per touch last year.Andre Johnson is a top 5 WR but that position is not as valued as RB or QB.I listed McFadden since I picked him 1st but I will never draft this bum ever again.

So keep Brady until he retires and don't bet against him?Or do I go with Spiller and make him my keeper and let go of one of the best players in NFL/Fantasy history?

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Keep Brady. I'd rank them:

1. Brady
2. Spiller

3. McCoy
4. Johnson

5. McFadden

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Evincar
HFBoards Sponsor

Spiller is the only one worth keeping imo.

Evincar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 08:19 AM
BGDDYKWL

In a 10-teamer QB isn't as critical cause there are 10 really good ones, but in a 14 teamer having Brady could be a significant advantage. If you're looking at like Dalton, Freeman, Rivers etc. being available then I think I'd keep Brady. You should still have some pretty solid RB options in the draft. But that said, if Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3, Luck, Stafford aren't kept then I'd be tempted to keep Spiller and draft one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck View Post
Keep Brady. I'd rank them:

1. Brady
2. Spiller

3. McCoy
4. Johnson

5. McFadden
Agreed.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
If you're looking at like Dalton, Freeman, Rivers etc. being available then I think I'd keep Brady. You should still have some pretty solid RB options in the draft. But that said, if Kaepernick, Wilson, RG3, Luck, Stafford aren't kept then I'd be tempted to keep Spiller and draft one of those.
Put me down for this as well. Have to make a guess as to who other owners are keeping as well.

Old
07-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Snipeshow

I'd keep Spiller. Brady is Elite, but he's getting up there in age and his weapons are diminishing. While I believe he made Welker, I don't know how good Edelman and others will be if Gronk misses time.

This could be the beginning of the end for Brady.

However, Spiller still hasn't handled a full workload and he's actually older than McCoy.

If McCoy wasn't coming off the injury, I'd say him without question. I'd still seriously be considering him actually.

1. McCoy
2. Spiller

3. Brady

4. Johnson

5. McFadden

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 11:48 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

McCoy #1 zero doubt...

do not even hesitate for one second. Keeping Brady over him is absurd considering the amount of depth at QB you will have to pick from. You will have an opportunity to snag a solid QB that will put up solid QB1 numbers as your second or 3rd pick depending on who is kept from other teams.

top tier running backs are harder to find each and every year, McCoy had some issues and didn't tear up the league like hoped, but his value is there and should be kept.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 11:51 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I am in a 14 team ppr big money keeper league.Scoring is 6 for pass/rush/rec TDs, we start 1 QB,2 RB,2 WR,1 TE,1 K,1D and 1 Flex.1 pt for 10 yd rush/rec,1 pt for 25 yard pass and 5 point bonus at 100 yards rush or receive and 300 yard pass.In August we are voting on expanding to 2 keepers but they must be at separate positions.Assuming that the 2 keepers doesn't pass, which 1 of these players should I keep?

Tom Brady
CJ Spiller
Darren McFadden
Lesean McCoy
Andre Johnson

I automatically figured I would keep Brady at the conclusion of last season since he has been in the top 5 for my league scoring each of the last 3 seasons but after losing Welker,Lloyd,Woodhead,Gronk having 2 major surgeries this off-season and Hernandez getting cut I am not so sure Brady will still be a top 2 QB anymore.

I also think McCoy will lose a lot of touches to Bryce Brown next year so I am leaning towards keeping Spiller.He had the best fantasy points per touch last year.Andre Johnson is a top 5 WR but that position is not as valued as RB or QB.I listed McFadden since I picked him 1st but I will never draft this bum ever again.

So keep Brady until he retires and don't bet against him?Or do I go with Spiller and make him my keeper and let go of one of the best players in NFL/Fantasy history?
my other question is what kind of chimps are you playing with where you landed McFadden, McCoy, Brady, and Andre Johnson in a 14 TEAM LEAGUE???

From the looks of things your competition isn't that knowledgeable when it comes to these guys so I wouldn't sweat the small stuff if that is the core you assembled last season. Yipes.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2013, 03:02 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
my other question is what kind of chimps are you playing with where you landed McFadden, McCoy, Brady, and Andre Johnson in a 14 TEAM LEAGUE???

From the looks of things your competition isn't that knowledgeable when it comes to these guys so I wouldn't sweat the small stuff if that is the core you assembled last season. Yipes.
The league is extremely competitive and there are zero "chimps". This league has been running since 2002 when it originally was 12 teams but expanded to 14 a few years ago due to so many of the commissioners (my cousin) friends wanting to get in.

Oh yeah I didn't even make the playoffs last year with that team, I was 6-5 going into the last two weeks and lost the last 2 games and lost out on a stupid tie breaker on the last spot.I have won the league title once in 2008 and out of the several leagues I join every year this is by far the toughest league. Waiver moves cost $2 bucks each and every GM is on top of their team. There is no idiots who draft the hometown players with their first 3 picks or any of that garbage, if this was an easy league I wouldn't have asked.

As for assembling this team it really wasnt anything crazy. Brady was my keeper, I took McFadden with the 1st overall pick (technically the 15th pick since 14 guys are already off limits regardless he was a bust), I took Andre Johnson with my 2nd round pick and I nabbed CJ Spiller in the 5th/6th round.

I traded for McCoy halfway through the year by trading Michael Turner and Mike Williams for him (the commish had him and he already had Arian Foster and Doug Martin at RB) And I got literally 2 games out of McCoy before he got hurt and missed the rest of the season.

Personally I think I'm keeping Spiller and praying I get a top 3 pick and can ensure I can get Brady again. Spiller had an amazing year even with an idiot coach refusing to give him the ball. Going into the last game of the season he had a 6.4 ypc. Honestly I think Spiller is easily a top 4 RB/player in fantasy.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote