HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Present Future

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-06-2013, 07:36 PM
  #76
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65
 
Patvolcom65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New-Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,207
vCash: 500
Maybe if Murray find a way of trading Smith for Hemsky and the Oilers keep 50% of his salary.


Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Hemsky
Conacher-Zibanejad-Condra
Greening-Pageau-Neil


Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-FA
Phillips-Wiercoch
Gryba

Anderson-Lehner

Patvolcom65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:37 PM
  #77
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 500
Zibanejad-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Michalek
Conacher-Pageau-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

I prefer Zibanejad as a centre, but putting him on the wing is the only way he will get the ice time needed for his development.

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 07:53 PM
  #78
STLBLUES44
The real KLIM SHADY
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 2,348
vCash: 500
I'm a blues fan but ill take a shot at this... Ott's kinda turned into my 2nd favorite team... I may shake it up a little more than the usuall lines i've been watching u guys post.

Zibanejad - Spezza - Ryan
Michalek- Turris - Conacher
Macarthur- Pageau - Greening
Condra- Smith - Neil

Cowen- Karl
Methot- Gryba
Phillips - Weircoch
Borowiecki

Anderson
Lehner

zib and spezza can feed ryan, conacher is a fast playmaker who could feed michalek goin up against 2nd pair defensemen rather than 1st and turris will contribue nicely... for the 3rd line... im thinking pageau and his offensive sense could work well with macarthur's finishing ability and then greenings speed and tenacity could fit in well with those two... I know... it's very unorthodox lines.. but could workout great and spread the scoring all over ur lines. Could also be huge for the development of zibanejad... idk.. just thought i'd take a different approach then most...

Believe me... i know these won't be the opening night lines... sometime down the road? maybe... who knows though

Good luck this season guys... I look forward to watching more senators games and hoping u guys come out of the east. Just take it easy on my blues haha

STLBLUES44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:21 PM
  #79
Nabokov20
Karlsson for Chuck
 
Nabokov20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,717
vCash: 1325
Conacher - Spezza - Ryan
Mac - Turris - MM
Zibby - Pageau - Stone
Greening - Smith - Neil

Kassian, JOB, Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba

Patty

Nabokov20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:30 PM
  #80
N Bahn Ahden
Registered User
 
N Bahn Ahden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,302
vCash: 500
Something like this I suppose;

Conacher - Spezza - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Michalek
Greening - Zibanejad - Pageau
Condra - Smith - Neil

Extras: Hoffman, Kassian, O'Brien

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:33 PM
  #81
burf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 620
vCash: 500
Zibanejad-Spezza-Ryan
Conacher-Turris-Michalek
MacArthur-Pageau-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

Everyone's slotting Zibanejad in on RW, but he's a LW/C, not a RW. Only problem with the top line is all 3 guys love to carry the puck, though they've all got wicked shots too. If Zibby doesn't work out there, can always swap him with any of Greening, Mac, Conacher, or Michalek.

I like Michalek on the 2nd line to spread out the scoring a bit, and to add a bit of veteran presence there.

If Pageau plays as well as he did last year, that third line might be one of the best in the NHL. Pageau and Condra are both defensively responsible possession wizards, and then you add Mac, who's an amazing possession player with a great scoring touch. I REALLY want to see that line sometime next year.

Defense kind of works itself out. Methot-Karlsson, Cowen-Wier, Phillips-Gryba. Replace Gryba with Ceci if he proves himself out of camp.

burf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 08:38 PM
  #82
Smeddy
Intangibles
 
Smeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,485
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by burf View Post
Zibanejad-Spezza-Ryan
Conacher-Turris-Michalek
MacArthur-Pageau-Condra
Greening-Smith-Neil

Everyone's slotting Zibanejad in on RW, but he's a LW/C, not a RW. Only problem with the top line is all 3 guys love to carry the puck, though they've all got wicked shots too. If Zibby doesn't work out there, can always swap him with any of Greening, Mac, Conacher, or Michalek.

I like Michalek on the 2nd line to spread out the scoring a bit, and to add a bit of veteran presence there.

If Pageau plays as well as he did last year, that third line might be one of the best in the NHL. Pageau and Condra are both defensively responsible possession wizards, and then you add Mac, who's an amazing possession player with a great scoring touch. I REALLY want to see that line sometime next year.

Defense kind of works itself out. Methot-Karlsson, Cowen-Wier, Phillips-Gryba. Replace Gryba with Ceci if he proves himself out of camp.

This is probably my favourite one so far. I feel like Zibby is best at centre, but if we can develop him into a good winger, that fits a much better need.

Smeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:07 PM
  #83
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabokov20 View Post
Conacher - Spezza - Ryan
Mac - Turris - MM
Zibby - Pageau - Stone
Greening - Smith - Neil

Kassian, JOB, Condra

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba

Patty
I like where your heads at, id be shocked if the sens don't sign a right handed experienced puck mover for depth. My money is on Gilbert.


Conacher-Spezza-Ryan
Michalek-Turris-McArthur
Greening-Zibanejad-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Neil
Kassian - Condra

Methocalypse-Karlsson
Cowen- Gilbert
Phillips-Wiercioch
Borowiecki-Gryba

Anderson
Lehner

That's a tough team to play against. That third line is HUGE

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:29 PM
  #84
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 15,969
vCash: 500
Greening - Spezza - Michalek
MacArthur- Turris - Ryan
Conacher - Pageau - Zibanejad
Condra - Z. Smith - Neil/Kassian/JOB

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Phillips
Cowen - Gryba/Boroweicki

Anderson - Lehner

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:38 PM
  #85
DJB
Registered User
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,816
vCash: 4950
Ryan - Spezza - Stone
Mac - Turris - Michalek
Greening - Pageau - Zib
Condra - Smith - Neil


Last edited by DJB: 07-07-2013 at 08:33 AM.
DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 10:49 PM
  #86
Sens Rule
Registered User
 
Sens Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
i dont understand why we traded for the kassassin when we could have just called up hugh jessiman . I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. worst move in ottawa senators history from a using ur brain perspective .
Super heavyweight. Jessiman is not one.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:18 AM
  #87
DrEasy
Out rumptackling
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Karlsson View Post
Maybe if Murray find a way of trading Smith for Hemsky and the Oilers keep 50% of his salary.


Michalek-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Hemsky
Conacher-Zibanejad-Condra
Greening-Pageau-Neil


Methot-Karlsson
Cowen-FA
Phillips-Wiercoch
Gryba

Anderson-Lehner
Now this I can agree with. Keeps Ziba as a C, makes room for Pageau (without sacrificing much, because Neil and Greening provide the toughness and the size), and adds skill on the 2nd line. Now of course the problem is whether Smith for Hemsky can happen, even if you add pieces to sweeten the deal.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:30 AM
  #88
Mika Hoffmanijad
Fire Dorrion!
 
Mika Hoffmanijad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Palestine
Posts: 11,215
vCash: 966
Michalek - Spezza - Ryan ( This line should combine for 100+ goals !!!! )
Conacher - Turris - MacArthur ( Complete offensive player in conacher, with a break out turris, and MacArthur adding age and leadership and skill makes it a great second line)
Greening - Pageau - Zibanejad ( Power forwards, Can check, can defend, can score, this line could do it all )
Condra - Smith - Niel ( Minimal minutes, offers leadership from Nieler, can check and hopefully condra learns how to finish, probably the only bad line )

Methot - Karlsson ( need i say more? )
Cowen - Wiercioch ( Iffy line, can cowen begin his rise to becoming a dominant shutdown d? , can wiercioch start his rise to becoming a high scoring d? )
Gryba - Phillips ( this being a third pairing just show how strong our defence is, Gryba a huge defensive d, and phillips with that veteran role )

Anderson - Lehner ( Best goaltending in the league , right here )

Paul Maclean ( Best Coach in the league , for 2012-2013 , and nominated before that )

Cup contender indeed, only thing we need to change is that fourth line, and it is usefull anyways. , I don't see how alfie did not see a cup contender here/

Mika Hoffmanijad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:03 AM
  #89
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
I'm a blues fan but ill take a shot at this... Ott's kinda turned into my 2nd favorite team... I may shake it up a little more than the usuall lines i've been watching u guys post.

Zibanejad - Spezza - Ryan
Michalek- Turris - Conacher
Macarthur- Pageau - Greening
Condra- Smith - Neil

Cowen- Karl
Methot- Gryba
Phillips - Weircoch
Borowiecki

Anderson
Lehner

zib and spezza can feed ryan, conacher is a fast playmaker who could feed michalek goin up against 2nd pair defensemen rather than 1st and turris will contribue nicely... for the 3rd line... im thinking pageau and his offensive sense could work well with macarthur's finishing ability and then greenings speed and tenacity could fit in well with those two... I know... it's very unorthodox lines.. but could workout great and spread the scoring all over ur lines. Could also be huge for the development of zibanejad... idk.. just thought i'd take a different approach then most...

Believe me... i know these won't be the opening night lines... sometime down the road? maybe... who knows though

Good luck this season guys... I look forward to watching more senators games and hoping u guys come out of the east. Just take it easy on my blues haha
Excellent lines for someone who doesn't follow the Sens, believe it or not, this could very well be the starting line-up switch Condra and Greening around though and maybe Cowen/Methot.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:04 AM
  #90
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30,662
vCash: 500
As a couple posters above me have mentioned, McArthur and Pageau could be a terrific duo. Speed and chippy play could cause so much havoc on the third line.

Also, the idea of Zibanejad and Ryan around Spezza is scary. That could be an absolutely imposing line if Zibanejad adjusts to wing.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:04 AM
  #91
The Fuhr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,762
vCash: 500
Ryan - Spezza - Stone

That's going to become a pretty incredible line...

They want Stone with Spezza been saying that for a while and the team opened two RW spots... Stone is now a top six winger on this team.

They scratched Conacher in the playoffs for him to play with Spezza...

Ryan natual LW... Big time goal scorer.

All three players are big... It's a sick NA line.

Ryan - 35-40G 70-80Pts
Spezza - 30G 80-90Pts
Stone - 25-30G 60-70Pts

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:05 AM
  #92
H2O
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,777
vCash: 50
2 natural finishers with Spezza? Yes please!

H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:06 AM
  #93
DJB
Registered User
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,816
vCash: 4950
Are you sure Ryan is a natural LW? Don't get me wrong, I think it would be a heck of a line and I have definately thought about it too. But Bobby shoots right and I thought he was forced to play left because Perry plays right.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:07 AM
  #94
DJB
Registered User
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,816
vCash: 4950
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
2 natural finishers with Spezza? Yes please!
It really is a perfect set up, Stone loves standing in front of the net, and Ryan loves to lurk around in the high slot.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:08 AM
  #95
The Fuhr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Are you sure Ryan is a natural LW? Don't get me wrong, I think it would be a heck of a line and I have definately thought about it too. But Bobby shoots right and I thought he was forced to play left because Perry plays right.
Bobby shooting Right is good... Spezza be setting up the one timers... Spezza is a better playmaker then Getzlaf

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:09 AM
  #96
Micklebot
Moderator
I bee-beard'lieve
 
Micklebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
That's going to become a pretty incredible line...

They want Stone with Spezza been saying that for a while and the team opened two RW spots... Stone is now a top six winger on this team.

They scratched Conacher in the playoffs for him to play with Spezza...

Ryan natual LW... Big time goal scorer.

All three players are big... It's a sick NA line.

Ryan - 35-40G 70-80Pts
Spezza - 30G 80-90Pts
Stone - 25-30G 60-70Pts
Wasn't Ryan a natural RW? I could swear he was drafted as a RW. Anyhow, he has experience on the LW, so that's good.

Micklebot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:11 AM
  #97
The Fuhr*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hamilton,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
Wasn't Ryan a natural RW? I could swear he was drafted as a RW.
Maybe but he played on Anahiem as a LW scoring 30+ a season

He's a natual goal scorer no matter what side of the ice he's on...

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:15 AM
  #98
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators
 
Dysentery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 50
They are all big dudes as well...Beautiful line combo.

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:17 AM
  #99
HousePerseus
Registered User
 
HousePerseus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
I actually really like the idea of this, creates a very solid second line with milo, turris, CMac. As long as he can keep up, im all for this.

HousePerseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:18 AM
  #100
benjiv1
Registered User
 
benjiv1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,938
vCash: 500
He's a natural RW but played the LW because of Perry.
I'm not sure if Stone has played LW before, but it would be in our best interest to keep him on the side he feels he plays better on.

benjiv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.