HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

I as wondering what it would take for us (Leafs) to get T.Ruutu?

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
What's so wrong with my post...my assessment is spot on (it's the same as Drake's; and neither of us are Hawk fans). Stajan having the same amount of potential as Ruutu? You gotta be kidding me. Your offer certainly was quantity for quality. I also find it a rather big coincidence that Antropov and Stajan seem to be in a lot of your (and other Leaf fans') proposals these days...whereas you don't see many Hawk fans posting serious threads about trading off Ruutu. Fact of the matter is, your deal wouldn't interest Chicago in the slightest, and although Bring Back Bucky's counteroffer is unrealistic (from the Leaf point of view) I see it being more of a possibility than the offer you made. That's just the way I see things--I'm guessing a lot of people agree with me as well.
Although I don't agree with that poster's overly optimistic assesment of Stajan, I think some here are underrating Stajan. He is a very valuable young player, and I think it very unlikely that Toronto would ever move him.

That said, I agree with you, Drake, and the others.

Old
06-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Rowley Birkin

Antropov and Ponikarovsky, i mean, those guys could get any one player in the league.

I think the 'hawks should throw in a 1st to make it fair.

Old
06-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Wally112pac

The only way Ruutu leaves town is for another potential franchise player.

Ruutu for Nash
Ruutu for Lehtonen
Ruutu for Staal

Old
06-08-2005, 07:07 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Actually, I could see a deal that might work, but it would have to involve some kind of European-style cash transfer system.

Old
06-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Ruutu will be a pretty good player imo, and he is worth more than what you offered imho

here is my counter-offer as a habsfan

Chipchura, Plekanec annd 1st round 2006

For Ruutu, 3th 2005 and 3th 2006

Old
06-08-2005, 07:24 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
Ruutu will be a pretty good player imo, and he is worth more than what you offered imho

here is my counter-offer as a habsfan

Chipchura, Plekanec, 1st round 2006
I think the Hawks would ask for Ryder as an integral part of the deal, if they were actually contemplating a trade.

Old
06-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Crusher20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned
I think the Hawks would ask for Ryder as an integral part of the deal, if they were actually contemplating a trade.

Counter:

Ryder, 2nd round 2005 and 5th 2006

for

Ruutu, 3th round 2006

again, thats because Ruutu hasnt proved enough.. while Ryder even if some think he had a career year already did had an impressive 63pts as a rookie while showing signs of being a complete player without being flashy.

of course its always for fun hehe

Old
06-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Counter:

for

Ruutu, 3th round 2006

again, thats because Ruutu hasnt proved enough.. while Ryder even if some think he had a career year already did had an impressive 63pts as a rookie while showing signs of being a complete player without being flashy.

I'll be honest, that proposal is laughable from a Chicago point of view.

I don't see how you can say Ruutu hasn't proved enough when measuring him up to Ryder. Ryder's more proven, but really, not a whole lot more proven than Ruutu in the grand scheme of things.

Old
06-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Counter:

for

Ruutu, 3th round 2006

I meant that they would ask for Ryder as one part of the deal. You'd likely have to overpay slightly and that means having Ryder + prospects + roster players you don't want to give up. The Hawks aren't going to give up Ruutu on a lateral deal. They'd want to get significantly better in the short and long term because Ruutu is a potential franchise player -- giving him up would require quite a bit.

Old
06-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Crusher20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned
I meant that they would ask for Ryder as one part of the deal. You'd likely have to overpay slightly and that means having Ryder + prospects + roster players you don't want to give up. The Hawks aren't going to give up Ruutu on a lateral deal. They'd want to get significantly better in the short and long term because Ruutu is a potential franchise player -- giving him up would require quite a bit.
yeah, gotta agree with that.

anyway, its for fun, Chicago isnt going to shop around Ruutu thats for sure, unless Crosby is in their sight.. and still if i would be a blackhawks fan i would be carefull about that.

Old
06-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Counter:

for

Ruutu, 3th round 2006

Ryder's upside is not nearly as high as Ruttu's. I think he is going to be a fine player, and don't thnk that last year was a fluke at all. But, it would take a lot more than Ryder and picks to interest ChiHawks.

Old
06-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
For the person that said he's not Crosby...

I'm sure this isn't a popular belief...but I've got a hunch Ruutu, when all is said and done, will be better.
It was funny that a lot of people around here were saying that about Brule about a year ago. Some were even betting Brule would be drafted 1st.... funny indeed.

Anyway, the Leafs can't get Ruutu. The Hawks are clearly building a team to start competing for real 2-5 years from now and they are doing a pretty good job of it. The Leafs just don't have what the Hawks are looking for.

Old
06-08-2005, 08:41 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie
It was funny that a lot of people around here were saying that about Brule about a year ago. Some were even betting Brule would be drafted 1st.... funny indeed.

Anyway, the Leafs can't get Ruutu. The Hawks are clearly building a team to start competing for real 2-5 years from now and they are doing a pretty good job of it. The Leafs just don't have what the Hawks are looking for.
i do remember that, and i never agreed. however...there's only been a small sampling...but what i saw of ruutu last year showed me a lot. maybe crosby will come in and be just as good in his first NHL season...and i'll happily admit i'm wrong.

I'm just a big, big Ruutu fan.

Old
06-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan

I think these offers are lowball to say the least. If I were the GM of Detroit, and i was asking for Ruutu, I'd expect the 1st word out of the of end of the phone to be Zetterberg.

Old
06-08-2005, 09:38 PM
kruezer

Perhaps Arnason to the Leafs would be more realistic?

I could see Arnason being dealt, especially if the Hawks want to add some experience on the FA market, they already have Ruutu, Calder and Bell to serve as top 6 youth, and Arnason has supposidely had his issues with Sutter in the past.

Old
06-08-2005, 10:46 PM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i do remember that, and i never agreed. however...there's only been a small sampling...but what i saw of ruutu last year showed me a lot. maybe crosby will come in and be just as good in his first NHL season...and i'll happily admit i'm wrong.

I'm just a big, big Ruutu fan.
I will guarantee right now if Crosby plays 82 games in his rookie season he'll blow by 44 points in a flash and win the rookie of the year in a landslide. Having said that,i really like Ruutu (a lot) and i think he will end up on the wing fulltime so he can use his size and strength and could turn out more like a Jarome Iginla.

If Crosby ends up a Blackhawk...look out!

Old
06-09-2005, 03:32 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Would Blackhawk fans consider Brown and Grebeshkov or Cammalleri for Ruutu?

A line of Frolov and Ruutu would be sick.

Old
06-09-2005, 03:42 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn

I dont think they would. At least, if I were a Hawk fan, I wouldnt.

Old
06-09-2005, 03:57 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn

I think that the Hawks won't be interested in either Grebeshkov or Cammalleri. They have enough good prospects on defence and don't really need another one and they may doubt that Cammalleri will ever make it to the NHL.

Tukonen, Brown and maybe a 2nd round (or a first rounder) is needed to get them thinking. But I'm not sure, if the Kings are prepared to give them up. Ruutu's ability to substain and play the physical game increases his stock tremendously not to mention the other parts of his game.

The Kings should try to draft good centers or sign one FA (as you have already done this with Conroy.)

Old
06-09-2005, 06:04 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
M.Stajan,N.Antropov,White,2nd round pick
Can't remember who, but a year or so ago someone made the astute observation that just about every bonehead unrealistic trade proposal made here is somehow justified in the mind of the maker by the addition of a 2nd round draft pick.

It's the classic tell of a ridiculous offer... over and above than the players involved, of course.

Old
06-09-2005, 06:49 AM
Pepper

Crosby will most likely score much more points than Ruutu but he will never reach the complete game that Ruutu plays.

Old
06-09-2005, 07:45 AM
BringGilmourBack

Well, hello every one. I've been reading everyone's post and in my own opinion Ruutu will become a very great player indeed, but as of yet, he has not proved that he will be the esecond coming of Peter Forsberg. I believe he has the potential, but as of now he has only managed to accumulate a point every second game. I understand that he went on a scoring spree 2nd half of the season, but where was he for the first half? Sure, many of you wil say he as making himself accustom to the North American style of play. But as of yet he is not proven. He's not similar in value to Crosby, as Crosby will probably garner interested just like Lindros did when he first came into the league.

Chicago is in desperate of talented forwards. I am aware that they seem to have a number of blue chip defense prospects already so they might not need the likes of White. A package of Stajan, Antropov, White and a second is a decent proposal for a player that has yet to prove himself. If you disagree, fine, you're entitled. But to say it's outlandish or crazy is just proving your ignorance. I never once said that Chicago and Toronto would make good trading partners. This thread was just for fun. I wanted to see what some people may have thought would be an appropriate proposal. Anyways, thanks for all the feedback

Cheers

Old
06-09-2005, 07:52 AM
sveiglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder19
A package of Stajan, Antropov, White and a second is a decent proposal for a player that has yet to prove himself.
So what have those three guys proven? Ruutu showed more in that second half than Stajan and Antropov have shown in their careers, while White has yet to make the NHL.

Old
06-09-2005, 08:08 AM
BringGilmourBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveiglar
So what have those three guys proven? Ruutu showed more in that second half than Stajan and Antropov have shown in their careers, while White has yet to make the NHL.

When did I ever state that they were proven? They would add talented depth to the likes of Chicago. Both forwards would probaly end up on their first 2 lines.

Old
06-09-2005, 08:10 AM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveiglar
I agree the offer is a joke. But the Antropov of 2002-2003 showed alot (2nd line centre, paired with Nolan). Now, if he can only get that confidence back.

I've said it before, I actually think Antropov will become a solid top 6 player in this league. I just think it will happen 1 year after the Leafs trade him. ( ex: Steve Sullivan, Fred Modin, Jason Smith, Alyn MacCauley).

Closed Thread