HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Richards' future on the NYR

View Poll Results: Keep or Buyout?
Retain his services 16 12.21%
Exercise the buyout 115 87.79%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-09-2013, 10:51 AM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Barring a Hart Trophy season, I can't see Richards coming back for 2014-2015.

I would almost go as far as saying I hope he has some struggles next year just to make the decision that much easier. In his 2nd season he already some serious concerns going forward. Are we really gonna trust him for the final 6 years of a contract with a 6.667 cap hit if he's already showed the possibilities of what lies ahead?

I've been saying for a few months now that Richards would be back for 2013-2014, but not for 2014-2015. I'm sticking with my gut here.

LittleKev6D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 03:38 PM
cagedlion
Rookie User

I really wanted him to be bought out this year, regardless.
Very risky to keep him; no matter how he does......and I am not
very optimistic with his approach to the game, he needs to go! He was an utter disaster and so out of shape. He showed his
colors last year. Don't expect an about face.

cagedlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 04:49 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
Oilers fan coming in peace... would you do Hemsky for Richards and Boyle??? Shorter cheaper contract... you only have to find a place for Hemsky for one year and then he is gone if he sucks... Richards of course will be around a while but Oilers could use him short term to fill in for RNH as he recovers from shoulder surgery

Nash-Stepan-Hemsky
Kreider-Brassard-Callahan
Hagelin-Lindberg-Zuccarello
Pouliot-Moore-Dorsett
I am not sure what to think.

Pro: We add Hemsky and lose Richards. Great deal

Con: If Richards retires, his caphit will come back to haunt us.

This deal is great if you are sure Richards will play for the remainder of his contract.

07-09-2013, 05:48 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I really don't get it, either. I realize the potential ramifications, too. I guess I wanted to see the stigma against Richards after last season. 96% of people are voting to buyout a 33/34 year old PPG forward on a 6.66 mil contract here who just had a good/great playoffs on a team that went to the Finals.
I do not view it as a stigma. I like BR but he has had mostly 60-70 point seasons. If he has a great season in his try out season that will be awesome but does that mean we can expect those seasons until he is 40? If he was a FA at 34 would you want to give him a 6 year deal?

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Aufheben
The jam must flow...

vCash: 130
He would have to be a better player than he's ever been, not just good. How much of that 11% is sarcasm?

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 08:38 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

My so friend who played in Germany last season with the Rosenheim Star Bulls (after playing at Western Michigan University and Stockton Thunder in the ECHL in 2011-12) is currently training over in Europe with other NHL players, including St. Louis, Pacioretty and even Hugh Jessiman. He told me that Brad Richards showed up to the training center, but was so out of shape he did not even last a week there. He said he barely resembled an athlete...my friend will be playing for the Bietigheim Steelers this upcoming season...

I am still speechless after not buying out Richards, and am even more livid after hearing this...I see him starting off the season TERRIBLY and we just end up sending him home and making him a scratch the rest of the year...awful decision making by the Rangers...

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSauer View Post
My so friend who played in Germany last season with the Rosenheim Star Bulls (after playing at Western Michigan University and Stockton Thunder in the ECHL in 2011-12) is currently training over in Europe with other NHL players, including St. Louis, Pacioretty and even Hugh Jessiman. He told me that Brad Richards showed up to the training center, but was so out of shape he did not even last a week there. He said he barely resembled an athlete...my friend will be playing for the Bietigheim Steelers this upcoming season...

I am still speechless after not buying out Richards, and am even more livid after hearing this...I see him starting off the season TERRIBLY and we just end up sending him home and making him a scratch the rest of the year...awful decision making by the Rangers...
I believe you. And it really wouldn't surprise me if Beaver is so out of shape. He was getting tired after 10 seconds of constant turnovers last year.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

lol.

anyone who watched him play last season could tell something was wrong with him physically from an athlete's point of view. Maybe he will sulk by himself for it now.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:51 PM
free0717

I knew it was a mistake not buying out Brad "Don Hood" Richards(private joke)

The guy just couldn't keep up

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:54 PM
free0717

if he shows up out of shape this year, I would waive his ass, send him to Hartford and order Gernander to bag skate his ass every day.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 09:57 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Brad Richards out of shape?

Sky blue? Check
Grass green? Check
Water wet? Check

Stevie Wonder could see the guy was out of shape

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

Quote:

So what happened Beaver stayed a week and then gave up? You know stuff like this really makes me wonder why they are giving him another chance? It must really be Dolan telling Sather to **** off with the buyout, but he must have communicated that it would happen next year anyway, so idk.

These people behind the scenes know more than us but they still give him another chance? Idk if an athlete his age can ever come back to 100% after being out of shape for so long. Makes no sense.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 12:03 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Must be great for the guys at the camp (especially the ones playing in minor EU leagues) to see an NHL guy who makes a ton of money letting himself go that way. These players work their a*s off to get a contract every year and this friggin bum is too lazy to get himself in shape? Come on....

EDIT: Can they fire him for unprofessional behavior or something like that?

@McSauer: good luck to Greg, but is he really sure he will play at all this upcoming season (league/ association issues in GER)?

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 12:23 AM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
@McSauer: good luck to Greg, but is he really sure he will play at all this upcoming season (league/ association issues in GER)?
He's hopeful! Will have to ask him more about it...

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:12 AM
eco's bones

Sorry to hear this if it's true. There is still a couple months for him to get ready. Maintaining some semblance of condition year round is essential for any pro athlete. Not being in good shape not only decreases his chance of rebounding for the coming season--keeping in mind that the team is giving him a chance to redeem himself after a bad season he admitted to--it increases his chances of injury and his chances of retiring early and subsequently screwing a team that has paid him a ton of upfront money for two mediocre years. I'd said before that the Richard's decision was as important if not more important decision as the coaching decision and Glen Sather and his team have obviously made the wrong one here. The ramifications of getting stuck with his contract the next several years will probably cost us a significant player each and every one of those years as each and every year that cap hit will re-occur. The player himself should bear the onus for bad conditioning--he's a sorry SOB if he's just giving up so easily or if he thinks he's got his money--who cares now--or if he's acting out of some kind of resentment because people are ******** on his lackluster effort.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:

I don't think he even went there to train. He was inviting St. Louis to his palace for raw shellfish and grape beverage.