HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks-Islanders

Old
07-02-2013, 01:23 PM
islanderfan64

vCash: 500
Ducks-Islanders

Ducks get: Poulin. Petrov, de Haan

Isles get: Hiller

Isles get starter, Ducks get good backup, mid level defense prospect and NHL ready forward.

islanderfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:28 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanderfan64 View Post

Isles get starter, Ducks get good backup, mid level defense prospect and NHL ready forward.
No. Poulin might be better than Hiller now. The guy isn't that good. And you want a Bernier type package. Get lost

LotteryForLife* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Macch

Quote:

That package has more value to the Isles than any other team.

No reason to overreact for a goalie....yet

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
No. Poulin might be better than Hiller now. The guy isn't that good. And you want a Bernier type package. Get lost

Poulin isn't close to Hiller right now.

Petrov may never play in the NHL and De Haan's shoulders are currently being held together by duct tape.

This is a horrible deal for Anaheim.

07-02-2013, 01:32 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Petrov has zero value.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:32 PM
boredmale

Quote:

An NHL ready forward who will probably spend the rest of his career in the KHL

I don't really want Hiller and the one year left on his deal but I am guessing Anaheim would be looking for more then a hodge podge of b-level prospects

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Petrov has zero value.

I disagree. I think he does have value. Maybe a 5th or 6th rounder, because he still might come over.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:45 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Poulin is unlikely to ever be as good as Hiller. Hiller is an average to above NHL goalie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Poulin isn't close to Hiller right now.

Petrov may never play in the NHL and De Haan's shoulders are currently being held together by duct tape.

This is a horrible deal for Anaheim.
Even with the injuries, I think De Haan has as much value as Hiller. He is still a promising young defenseman, and Hiller is only signed for 1 more year. With a deep crop of goalies available (Miller, Hiller, Halak, Nabokov, Bryzgalov, Thomas, Khudobin, Emery) I doubt Hiller gets much more than a 2nd.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:46 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Poulin better then Hiller? Yeah, no. Hiller is still a NHL starting goaltender.

Onto the package, we're not trading Hiller or Fasth to acquire another goaltender in the trade, a trade of Hiller/Fasth would indicate that Anaheim believes Andersen is ready for NHL duty. And there isn't much need for an AHL goalie as we have a Gibson/Bobkov tandem next season assuming Andersen is in the NHL.

I don't know a whole lot about Petrov admittedly, but Anaheim doesn't have a very good track record with Russians, and trading for one where judging by this thread could well stay in Russia rather then come over doesn't sound like a great plan for Anaheim at all.

Calvin de Haan could be potentially useful for the AHL team, but he likely wouldn't be very high up on the defensive depth chart, especially with the likes of Vatanen and Lindholm in the pipeline, and that shoulder injury is a big worry IMO. But of course he does still have time on his side, but I'm not too sure on his potential at this moment.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Wow this is brutal.

Poulin - Didn't inspire too much confidence last season
Petrov - Throw in with zero value
DeHann - His trade value is something around a 3rd round pick IF THAT. Who know's what his shoulder is like right now.

For Hiller?

Not gonna happen. I'm not saying Hiller's trade value is all that high either, but it's above the garbage package the OP suggested.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 02:18 PM
redbull
springtime hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Poulin better then Hiller? Yeah, no. Hiller is still a NHL starting goaltender.

Onto the package, we're not trading Hiller or Fasth to acquire another goaltender in the trade, a trade of Hiller/Fasth would indicate that Anaheim believes Andersen is ready for NHL duty. And there isn't much need for an AHL goalie as we have a Gibson/Bobkov tandem next season assuming Andersen is in the NHL.

I don't know a whole lot about Petrov admittedly, but Anaheim doesn't have a very good track record with Russians, and trading for one where judging by this thread could well stay in Russia rather then come over doesn't sound like a great plan for Anaheim at all.

Calvin de Haan could be potentially useful for the AHL team, but he likely wouldn't be very high up on the defensive depth chart, especially with the likes of Vatanen and Lindholm in the pipeline, and that shoulder injury is a big worry IMO. But of course he does still have time on his side, but I'm not too sure on his potential at this moment.
this is sensible.

Looking at the Ducks roster, prospect chart, salary cap number - I don't really know what they'd be looking for?!

Possibly a second line centre? A tough winger who can play a solid all-around game?

I don't think the Isles have what the Ducks need. Unless they're willing to move a Strome/Nelson which I'd think is off-the-table for Hiller, on the last year of his deal and who lost his job to Fasth.

I don't think the Isles would trade Nielsen (who everyone wants) or Cizikas/Martin either - other names that are probably on everyone's "ask list"

I don't see a love connection among the Islanders and the Ducks!

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 02:20 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
DeHann - His trade value is something around a 3rd round pick IF THAT. Who know's what his shoulder is like right now.
With Dipeitro gone, De Haan might take over his reign as the injury king of the team. Sort of sucks we drafted him so high then he turns out to get injured alot

Old
07-02-2013, 02:21 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
You haven't watched Hiller. And that statement clearly shows that. When he is on his game and healthy he is a to p10 goalie in the NHL.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
EarlGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
You haven't watched Hiller. And that statement clearly shows that. When he is on his game and healthy he is a to p10 goalie in the NHL.
Rinne, Lundquist, Quick, Raask, Bobrovsky, Anderson, Niemi, Luongo, Schneider, Crawford, Ward, Miller, Varlamov, Howard, they are all better than Hiller.

Hiller is about the level of Halak, Brodeur, Holtby, Neuvirth, Smith. Glimpses of greatness but overall average. Not a goalie that will steal you a playoff series.

I'd say his trade value about a late 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder (+ maybe decent prospect).

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Something else to think about from a Ducks perspective is if they decided to trade Hiller I doubt they would want/need a goalie in return. Andersson would probably be given the backup position, allowing Gibson to get the majority of starts in the AHL.

As for the rest of the package, not much interest to the Ducks IMO. I don't think the talent coming back had to be NHL ready, or a top prospect, but a player who may never come over to NA and an injury prone player who hasn't developed simply because he hasn't played wouldn't really wow Ducks management.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Rinne, Lundquist, Quick, Raask, Bobrovsky, Anderson, Niemi, Luongo, Schneider, Crawford, Ward, Miller, Varlamov, Howard, they are all better than Hiller.

Hiller is about the level of Halak, Brodeur, Holtby, Neuvirth, Smith. Glimpses of greatness but overall average. Not a goalie that will steal you a playoff series.

I'd say his trade value about a late 1st rounder or a 2nd rounder (+ maybe decent prospect).
Top-10 isn't really wrong, given that there's a big tier of goalies ranging from around 7 to 15 that are rather interchangeable. Hiller is firmly in there. Bobrovsky has had two elite months - in a fraction of an NHL season that can be worth a Vezina, but it doesn't make you a lock as a top-10 goalie on a sensible list. Anderson and Crawford are in the same group as him, as well. Neuvirth hasn't been on his level, Smith only has been one season (behind Tippett, no less). Varlamov has done little this year to pass him by. Ward has been similarly questionable as Hiller. He's getting quite underrated by many Ducks fans, these days. However, in spite of those disagreements, I am with you in regard to the value. Both those options seem accurate to me. But at this point, I'd expect a trade to revolve around a roster player, more likely. But who knows.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:16 PM
SaintTavares

What about something around Mayfield and Poulin, maybe throw in a mid pick? Mayfield is probably more of the type of defensemen you guys are looking for than de haan is.

SaintTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:18 PM
xECK29x

1st, Nielsen, Grabner for Hiller, Ryan

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:30 PM
EarlGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Top-10 isn't really wrong, given that there's a big tier of goalies ranging from around 7 to 15 that are rather interchangeable. Hiller is firmly in there. Bobrovsky has had two elite months - in a fraction of an NHL season that can be worth a Vezina, but it doesn't make you a lock as a top-10 goalie on a sensible list. Anderson and Crawford are in the same group as him, as well. Neuvirth hasn't been on his level, Smith only has been one season (behind Tippett, no less). Varlamov has done little this year to pass him by. Ward has been similarly questionable as Hiller. He's getting quite underrated by many Ducks fans, these days. However, in spite of those disagreements, I am with you in regard to the value. Both those options seem accurate to me. But at this point, I'd expect a trade to revolve around a roster player, more likely. But who knows.
I may be biased when it comes to Hiller. He really regressed after his vertigo issues and he doesn't strike me as dependable anymore. I get a tight knot in my stomach every time the opposing team is firing on our net.

Not sure the Ducks will trade Hiller for a roster player. We are really tight up the cap, trading him for a draft pick makes sense to me.

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
What about something around Mayfield and Poulin, maybe throw in a mid pick? Mayfield is probably more of the type of defensemen you guys are looking for than de haan is.
Mayfield is exactly the type of dman the Ducks would be interested in. Mayfield and a pick gets it done from my perspective. But what do I know, I just some guy midday messaging from work on a hockey message board.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:38 PM
SaintTavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor John Frink View Post
Mayfield is exactly the type of dman the Ducks would be interested in. Mayfield and a pick gets it done from my perspective. But what do I know, I just some guy midday messaging from work on a hockey message board.
I would do Mayfield, Poulin, and a fifth for Hiller. If Poulin is taken out for a higher pick, I can understand, but I'd want to trade him and groom Nilsson as our backup.

Old
07-02-2013, 03:43 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Yes to Mayfield. Lets make a deal.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2013, 03:44 PM
SaintTavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
If only we could...

Old
07-02-2013, 03:54 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Personally I would take my chances De Haan overcomes his injury woes then Mayfield pans out to anything more then a bottom pairing guy

Old
07-02-2013, 04:02 PM
PhoenyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post

Somebody didn't watch the 2009 playoffs.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote