HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

the 93-94 playoff run

Old
06-30-2013, 05:54 AM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

vCash: 500
the 93-94 playoff run

I wish that DVD's existed back then as I would like the best quality version of the series vs Detroit and the next round vs Toronto.

That said, I sure wish I had taped both series on VCR or was able to get it.

I loved the atmosphere at the Tank back then. Plus, it is fun to watch the road games at Maple Leaf Gardens which was so much louder than Toronto's current arena.

tattooedsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Iron Chef

Its so crazy that you posted this thread today of all days. I was randomly thinking this morning how I wish we could go back to the early 90s when we had an actual organist at the Tank. It helped so much with the atmosphere

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:54 PM
68 Z-28

I loved going down to the arena as a kid and watching the AWAY games on the jumbotron with other fans. They had some limited conditions, free parking and the goal horn/song when the sharks would score.

I wish they would still do that.

68 Z-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 02:49 PM
rekrul

That team established the Sharks in the area, totally unexpected going from the worst team of all time to playoff upset masters. 2/3 rd of the famous KLM line, Ozolinsch, Irbe, Norton. They had talent and overcame a 0-8-1 start with a rookie coach to boot.

The Sharks Org should honor them this season with a turn back the clock type of game. Bring back the as many of those as possible to cheer them before the game. Have the current sharks skate out in the old school teal and logo to the 2-unlimited jam. Maybe they should make the original uniform their 3rd jersey, why not it will sell probably again its been a while since they wore it.

rekrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Limekiller

That was the season I started being a fan of the Sharks, actually. Before that, they were kind of a laughingstock. OK, more than kind of. They WERE a laughingstock.

Wasn't really their fault, the expansion rules were really awful at that time. Teams could protect pretty much all of their good players. On top of that, the Sharks weren't allowed to get the first overall pick as part of the rules. That's why we got Falloon instead of Lindros. Of course, Scott Niedermayer was picked the next pick after Falloon, and Forsberg went 6th, so you can still blame the Sharks for a bad draft that year... heh.

Limekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:10 PM
seekritdude

I have all the games on DVD. I know I made some videos from that season and posted other stuff invovling that team on my page including this if anyone cares..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMo...C52BE5&index=9

seekritdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Obsessed Sharks Fan

Send a message via AIM to Obsessed Sharks Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Z-28 View Post
I loved going down to the arena as a kid and watching the AWAY games on the jumbotron with other fans. They had some limited conditions, free parking and the goal horn/song when the sharks would score.

I wish they would still do that.
i did this last time in '02 Sharks vs. Colorado.

...selanne's missed wrap around in the 1-0 loss.

Obsessed Sharks Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 04:49 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekrul View Post
That team established the Sharks in the area, totally unexpected going from the worst team of all time to playoff upset masters. 2/3 rd of the famous KLM line, Ozolinsch, Irbe, Norton. They had talent and overcame a 0-8-1 start with a rookie coach to boot.

The Sharks Org should honor them this season with a turn back the clock type of game. Bring back the as many of those as possible to cheer them before the game. Have the current sharks skate out in the old school teal and logo to the 2-unlimited jam. Maybe they should make the original uniform their 3rd jersey, why not it will sell probably again its been a while since they wore it.
It'd be pretty sweet for them to do something like this. I doubt the team will, but they really should.

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Limekiller

Just bring back Irbe for Fan Appreciation day or something, and the Tank would explode.

Limekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 12:33 AM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
I have all the games on DVD. I know I made some videos from that season and posted other stuff invovling that team on my page including this if anyone cares..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMo...C52BE5&index=9
the videos on youtube are nice but like the few others that have posted, it is 10-20 minutes tops and usually only game 6 or 7 vs Toronto and 7 vs Detroit.

I would love the entire Detroit and Toronto series. Heck, I should have taped both growing up in Michigan and having relatives still there after I moved away for the army and then college. They could have taped the Detroit series and living there made it easy to get the CBC feed for any Toronto games. I kick myself now.

It was that playoff run that made me a Sharks fan.

Old
07-06-2013, 12:35 AM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
Its so crazy that you posted this thread today of all days. I was randomly thinking this morning how I wish we could go back to the early 90s when we had an actual organist at the Tank. It helped so much with the atmosphere

Yeah, just like the old Chicago arena with it's Phantom of the Opera like organist, I think the organ was best. I love Rock n roll just like anyone else but I like that old school organ feeling.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:01 PM
seekritdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsean View Post
the videos on youtube are nice but like the few others that have posted, it is 10-20 minutes tops and usually only game 6 or 7 vs Toronto and 7 vs Detroit.

I would love the entire Detroit and Toronto series. Heck, I should have taped both growing up in Michigan and having relatives still there after I moved away for the army and then college. They could have taped the Detroit series and living there made it easy to get the CBC feed for any Toronto games. I kick myself now.

It was that playoff run that made me a Sharks fan.

Yea well I got a lot of my dvds I think back in the day it was from hockeyetc was the website. And another one and im honestly not sure if they are still around. But if you guys search maybe you can find them and see if you can get them for yourself.

Old
07-08-2013, 03:29 PM
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limekiller View Post
Wasn't really their fault, the expansion rules were really awful at that time. Teams could protect pretty much all of their good players. On top of that, the Sharks weren't allowed to get the first overall pick as part of the rules. That's why we got Falloon instead of Lindros. Of course, Scott Niedermayer was picked the next pick after Falloon, and Forsberg went 6th, so you can still blame the Sharks for a bad draft that year... heh.
Probably a Burke pick.

LeeIFBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Danish Pastry
this is dream!

Damn I think it was garpalov who hit the crossbar in game six ot... My heart sank but damn after the first few seasons that team was so exciting...irbe for president...

Danish Pastry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 05:02 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

That team was the Sharks' best chance to win a Stanley Cup.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:21 PM
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
That team was the Sharks' best chance to win a Stanley Cup.
How do you figure that?

Old
07-08-2013, 10:00 PM
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIFBB View Post
How do you figure that?
Vancouver was very beatable and I think the best players on that team would have matched the Rangers in the SCF.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Phil Connors*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooedsean View Post
I wish that DVD's existed back then as I would like the best quality version of the series vs Detroit and the next round vs Toronto.

That said, I sure wish I had taped both series on VCR or was able to get it.

I loved the atmosphere at the Tank back then. Plus, it is fun to watch the road games at Maple Leaf Gardens which was so much louder than Toronto's current arena.
What? You wished? Just ask man. 2 months on the board and you still can't ask. You made this thread hoping someone taped it. Yes, you did. So just ask. Cut the foreplay and just ask.

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 11:07 PM
tattooedsean
Hockey Maniac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 View Post
What? You wished? Just ask man. 2 months on the board and you still can't ask. You made this thread hoping someone taped it. Yes, you did. So just ask. Cut the foreplay and just ask.

Ha ha, maybe I am asking indirectly or maybe I am just griping a little.

Old
07-09-2013, 10:33 AM
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
Vancouver was very beatable and I think the best players on that team would have matched the Rangers in the SCF.
Moreso than Anaheim and Carolina in 2006?

Old
07-09-2013, 05:58 PM
seekritdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIFBB View Post
How do you figure that?
Sharks were very underrated that year.. After their terrible start they did very well. I dont remember the exact stats off hand but it was either the second half or the last third of the season they were the best team in the 3rd best team in the league. When larionov wasnt injured they were a very strong team. They only won 3 games the whole season with out him.

He also was the best player those playoffs before they got knocked out.

Dont forget as well that the sharks got that far while dealing with injuries. Larionov was injured on and off with random things through out the year. Irbe played those playoffs with a broken foot the whole time. And ozolinsh had a broken wrist. Some say that is why he went from having 26 goals that year, to no goals durning the playoffs. And its why he didnt shoot and passed on the more or less open night to beat TO in those playoffs as well.

Old
07-09-2013, 07:58 PM
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug

What about playing the Rangers in the finals? Team of destiny!