HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs trade Danny Kristo to NYR for Christian Thomas

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm concerned about Beaulieu's status in the organization now.
Well absolutely. We did get rid of Archambault who had some questions regarding his work ethic and "character". We also claimed that it was because he was small but CLEARLY that's not a problem. Then Kristo, though I would believe his character is overblown, though Montreal who has contacts says it is a real problem. And Beaulieu will have to be next if it's always about that. Though, you read of how great of a student he was in the AHL so the "character" issue might not be that big.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:14 PM
charlie

So I have still been wondering what the proposal was to move up in the draft........getting a lot clearer now.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
If that is true fine... But why not use him at the draft or trade bait for a physical player that can play now.... Kristo for Clutterbuck and a 2nd from Minny?

let him stay in Minny and we Clutterbuck...or Chicago for Bolland ....timing is curious...could have been used as leverage two days ago??
This.

Really upset with MB work so far.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:15 PM
Nedved

I wonder what timmins thoughts are on this trade...

and I also feel he wasn't totally in control at the draft. I'm starting to dislike mb.

cole
dd
bouillon
moen
gorges
subban

Old
07-02-2013, 08:15 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Like the rest of the clowns on this site you just don't get it.....

Bergevin FEELS that Thomas is a better ASSET which is why he made the trade. If that is too difficult to understand then let me introduce you to the ABC's and finger painting.

Thomas was drafted higher, is two years younger, has an impressive resume, and looked considerably better than Kristo in his first stint in the AHL.......did I mention that he is two years younger?
So if we are all clowns why do you bother coming to this site.... Kristo played 12 games in the AHL.... How do you judge a player moving up a league in 12 freakin games.... Using your logic the lightning should have called Stamkos a bust after his 30 games because he really strugglesd.

And you are a real piece of work if you think you know more than any of us on this board...no please go back to YOUR pathetic existence.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:17 PM
TheGoalJudge

Anyone post that video of Thomas' huge fight in the AHL?

He fought someone! We should like him right?

Old
07-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Never been a fan of Kristo.

Welcome to Montréal Chris !

Old
07-02-2013, 08:19 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't know, maybe Grant could shed some light on this.. maybe they felt that it was possible that Andrighetto brings the same skill-set (at roughly the same size) to the organization right away and that by moving Kristo for Thomas, they got a guy who has proven he can somewhat produce in the AHL.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

One thing though people...we have to stop with "But he was drafted sooner".....That's just good in their draft year. How they develop after has no relation to where they were picked. Totally irrelevant as far as I'M concerned.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

We're fine. He speaks french.

https://twitter.com/cpt27/status/352219855266652161

Quote:
Very excited for a fresh start. Je suis tres fier de porter le bleu, blanc et rouge, les Canadiens de Montreal !

Old
07-02-2013, 08:21 PM
HomaridII

Christian Thomas ‏@cpt27 1m
Very excited for a fresh start. Je suis tres fier de porter le bleu, blanc et rouge, les Canadiens de Montreal !

Old
07-02-2013, 08:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
35 points in 72 AHL games at 21 shows more than being a 23 year old NCAA star.
I don't agree there.

Here's some Hamilton rookies first pro season,

Ben Maxwell- 73 22 36 58
Alex Perezhogin- 77 23 27 50
Matt D'Agostini- 63 21 28 49
Chris Higgins- 67 21 27 48
*Andrei Kostitsyn- 64 18 29 47 (20 year old-2nd season)
Kyle Chipchura- 80 12 27 39
Christian Thomas- 73 19 16 35
Max Pacioretty- 37 6 23 29
Louis Leblanc- 31 11 11 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Does this have anything to do with Kristo's contract? Doesn't he have only 1 year basically and then we have to pay him some real money, like 2-2.5M? And maybe Thomas is on entry level for more years?
yes, Kristo is an RFA after next season, but there's nothing that says he would get 2-2.5M as he could end up in the AHL all year and wouldn't come close to that kind of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Stormin Norman ‏@Stormin1Norman 1h
I was just reminded by a NHL person that Danny Kristo was someone who did not want to play in Montreal #NHL life goes on
makes sense, doesn't want to play here but signs a contract with the Habs anyway. That's one way to show em you don't want to play there. Although if it were me, that's not the direction I would chose, if I didn't want to play there I would just not sign there.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:22 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
If that is true fine... But why not use him at the draft or trade bait for a physical player that can play now.... Kristo for Clutterbuck and a 2nd from Minny?

let him stay in Minny and we Clutterbuck...or Chicago for Bolland ....timing is curious...could have been used as leverage two days ago??
Exactly.

Moves like this make me think that Bergevin is just Gauthier 2.0

Relying on knee-jerk moves for the sake of making moves instead of truly working on managing assets for the benefit of the Canadiens.

Kristo for Thomas accomplishes nothing of benefit for the Habs in the forseeable future.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:23 PM
charlie

For a team looking for size I thought for sure when I seen the twitter (not knowing who Thomas was) that we had traded Kristo for you know,,,,,,,,at least a bigger player........

Old
07-02-2013, 08:24 PM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Exactly.

Moves like this make me think that Bergevin is just Gauthier 2.0

Relying on knee-jerk moves for the sake of making moves instead of truly working on managing assets for the benefit of the Canadiens.

Kristo for Thomas accomplishes nothing of benefit for the Habs in the forseeable future.
Exactly and he for one said he will not do sideways moves............now Im worried cause this was that.

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

This off season is ****.

Old
habshound247

I understand the frustration that is generated from this trade after waiting for 5+ years to get Kristo ready to tryout for the team. The McDonough/Gomez trade also has to be factored in, as in once bit twice shy. But let both of them at least get to the NHL before deciding if this was a bad deal or not. Shouldn't Thomas at least be given a chance to fail before he is branded a failure?

Old
07-02-2013, 08:25 PM
angry pirate

Quote:

Only on the Habs board could we make Danny effing Kristo more valuable than Nino Niederreiter.

Give our heads a shake, Kristo was a fringe prospect that people are overly attached to because he's been in our system for so long.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
So if we are all clowns why do you bother coming to this site.... Kristo played 12 games in the AHL.... How do you judge a player moving up a league in 12 freakin games.... Using your logic the lightning should have called Stamkos a bust after his 30 games because he really strugglesd.

And you are a real piece of work if you think you know more than any of us on this board...no please go back to YOUR pathetic existence.
Actually, I do know more than most of the posters on this board....

Posters like Grant McCagg and Montreal are the reasons that I come here. As of right now, I know for a fact that Grant and Marc Bergevin agree with me.....who is in your corner?

Your Stamkos comparison just hi-lites your lack of rational and logical deduction. You are trying to draw a comparison between an 18 year old in the NHL and a 23 year old in the AHL. Why stop there let's compare his batarang throwing skills with Batman.....

Old
Bleu Blanc Rouge

Height 5.09 -- Weight 162

Old
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
I understand the frustration that is generated from this trade after waiting for 5+ years to get Kristo ready to tryout for the team. The McDonough/Gomez trade also has to be factored in, as in once bit twice shy. But let both of them at least get to the NHL before deciding if this was a bad deal or not. Shouldn't Thomas at least be given a chance to fail before he is branded a failure?
Decent chance Thomas might not even get to the NHL. That is why people are upset.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Losing Kristo is NOT going to hurt the team. Omfg! The reaction here is ******* ridiculous.

We have until september to sign and trade players. Its not the end of the world.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:28 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm concerned about Beaulieu's status in the organization now.
I feel the same about Beaulieu that I felt about Kristo: not good enough at what they do to be valuable players at the NHL level. Kristo is a top-6 or nothing player that doesn't have top-6 upside, and Beaulieu is a pure offensive dman that won't be good enough to play on a first PP pairing, or reliable enough to play meaningful 5 on 5 minutes in the NHL.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:28 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Bergevin is a dumb-ass, period. He's another of those well connected clowns with no education and he would be the manager of a McDonald's if it weren't for hockey. Plus, he can't even speak french correctly anymore.

Old
07-02-2013, 08:30 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Would have liked to evaluate Kristo for at least one year in the pro but people are overreacting there.

Don't know a lot about Thomas but I've heard many good things about him.

We'll see!

Closed Thread