HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2 + 2 for Columbus prospect !

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 05:48 PM
The_Wiz

vCash: 500
2 + 2 for Columbus prospect !

A. Nederost got 2 goals and 2 assists tonight.

Thoughts / opinions on him ?

Thanks.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:50 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
I never knew he was a 'prospect'. Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else but isn't he an enforcer?

Old
09-26-2003, 06:01 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I never knew he was a 'prospect'. Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else but isn't he an enforcer?
Nope, he is a fast, mucker. Should be a good third liner for Columbus in the future. I've liked what little I've seen from him.

Old
09-26-2003, 06:37 PM
jacketracket*

He was the last player sent down last year---I think he'll stick w/the CBJ this year, especially if Sanderson can't go at the start.

Nederost hasn't really had a prolonged chance to show what he can do so far---he'd get called up, get a few shifts in a couple games, and then be sent back down. Hopefully, this game opens some eyes, and he stays up to begin the season.

Old
09-26-2003, 07:44 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
He's never been utilized in the proper role before when he's been called up to the big club.

Personally, I see him as a 'second line or bust' kind of guy. He doesn't have top line talent, but in my mind wont make the best checking line player as well. The second line seems like it could be a good fit for him.

Whether he gets a legit shot at it or not this season remains to be seen, but I'm guessing not.

Old
09-27-2003, 04:13 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
He's not going to get many more chances at making the big club. His game has evolved alot in the past three or so years, he throws the body more and plays defense to go along with the sick stickhandling. Against the Rags on Wed, he was busting down the far boards when de Vieres came over and put the clamps on him. Instead of diving or trying to get a call (de Vieres was pegged for the hold), he twisted around and threw de Vieres head first into the glass. He's getting some spunk, some fire into his game. But, like Vickers said, he's a second line guy only. Everytime he's been called up he's been placed on a lower line and you just don't waste that kind of talent down there. Buffalo did that with Sanderson before he became a Jacket. Still, having a ninth round pick be considered a "maybe" second liner is pretty good.

Old
09-27-2003, 05:35 AM
scout46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket
He was the last player sent down last year---I think he'll stick w/the CBJ this year, especially if Sanderson can't go at the start.

Nederost hasn't really had a prolonged chance to show what he can do so far---he'd get called up, get a few shifts in a couple games, and then be sent back down. Hopefully, this game opens some eyes, and he stays up to begin the season.
...and I believe he was sent down only because of the way Pirjeta was playing at the time.

Old
09-27-2003, 05:45 AM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Well, I have always vehemently defended Nedorost on this board, and others as well. He's been my favorite prospect for quite sometime, and I've ALWAYS though the Jackets have misused him at the NHL level. His play is not suited for the 4th line. I'd love to see him on the first line if Sandy isn't ready at the start of the season, and maybe try him on RW on the 2nd line after Sandy comes back.

All I know is that we need to find a place for this guy, because he's a pretty solid player.

Closed Thread