HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VIII

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
If they trade Plekanec over DD, we better get something good for him. We have nobody to play his minutes.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:50 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Sign Lapierre and bring our boy back home.
Sign Scuderi or trade for Klesla, for the love of god we need a d-man.
Trade for Evander Kane, we have futures to spare!

edit: this post came across much more cheerful that I'd figured. I'm mad as hell at Bergevin and that inept braintrust we've got. Just awful at every important asset juncture - on deadline day, draft day and now.
Lapierre is a 4th liner that's not happy being a 4th liner, plus he causes too much drama off ice. He loves playing to the media, something MT and MB surely don't want. Dumont is smaller but has twice the balls and toughness Lapierre has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Talbot for Moen anybody?
That one could go both ways, if Moen is pissed about a poor season and is committed to rebound I'd keep him...but if he thinks he played fine they yes, move him. Talbot is a good character player, but small though(smallish for a bottom 6 guy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
I would like to see the Habs go after Matt Martin and Travis Hamonic for DD and Travis Moen. Hamonic is a young D with good size and played all 48 games and averaged over 20 min. a game and shoots R.
I think DD has more value than people on here give him, but no way NYI give up their top minute eating d-man plus a valuable depth guy in Martin for DD and Moen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
not that i would trade plek for perron, but he does have a pretty sick caphit
http://www.capgeek.com/player/962
Perron fills no need here, I prefer DD as a FA than trading assets for Perron. He is the type of player our prospect pool has tons of plus he is injury prone.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Talbot for Moen anybody?
Sign me up!

Old
07-05-2013, 07:54 AM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
They better not trade him. If Bergevin makes a move it's got to be DD. You signed him find a way to trade him now!
Problem is we may be in a Canucks situation. Luongo has a lousy contract, Canucks apparently looked for too much to get him or they couldn't get anything close to fair value for him, so they end up trading the arguably better goalie because they could get something back that was worthwhile. So the question MB might ask is are we better with Pleks and say a 3rd -5th prospect from another team or are we better with DD and say Bobby Ryan, minus our 2nd rounder.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Problem is we may be in a Canucks situation. Luongo has a lousy contract, Canucks apparently looked for too much to get him or they couldn't get anything close to fair value for him, so they end up trading the arguably better goalie because they could get something back that was worthwhile. So the question MB might ask is are we better with Pleks and say a 3rd -5th prospect from another team or are we better with DD and say Bobby Ryan, minus our 2nd rounder.
Well in that case I have no problem but he better hit a homerun if he trades Pleks

Old
07-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Dont Poke Subban
25th is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I think DD has more value than people on here give him, but no way NYI give up their top minute eating d-man plus a valuable depth guy in Martin for DD and Moen.
At this point, I'd rather lose DD for nothing. I can easily accept that.

Old
07-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
I have a feeling the Rick Dudley connection to Winnipeg (Atlanta) might see the Habs take a long hard look at their roster. Kane and even Byfuglien are quietly being mentioned to be available at the right price (steep).
Byfuglien has major work ethic issues and Kane would cost an arm and a leg and his not made for the Montreal nightlife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I'm not impressed with anything Dudley. I've watched for the past two years as the Jets struggle to straighten out that mess called the Thrashers and it's slowly happening but was it ever a mess.

Maybe he could use his connections to get a better job in another organization, that would be a good use of his talents, imo.

--------------

I think in 5 years from now Plekanec will still be better than Perron or Stewart. Kinda of lose now and lose later type of deal and then lose them for nothing in a few years.
The mess in Atlanta was Waddell, trading Coburn for Zhitnik. Holding on to Hossa and Kovalchuk for too long. Plus their drafting the first few years was terrible.

I agree don't move Plekanec unless the offer is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Did you guys ever watch Chris Stewart at all? Inconsistent player. He will be hated then loved then...
He is, and I'm not a huge fan...but some kind of deal involving Desharnais and picks/prospects would be a good fit on both sides. St.Louis has lots of size but could use DD as a playmaker/distributor, plus he fits better with big wingers. Backes can take tough matchups freeing him up for easier ones.

Closed Thread