HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy/2013 Offseason Thread: Part VII: OMGZZZ SATHER DO SOMETHING

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2013, 01:08 AM
  #476
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,503
vCash: 500
trades would interest me, but thats all.

would LOVE to get Burmistrov or MPS....or both.

No idea what it would take to get em, but then you could go with something like...


Richards - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
Hagelin - Burmistrov - MPS
Fasth/Lindberg/Boyle/Asham/Pyatt/etc

thats assuming youre not tearing apart the top 2 lines to make it happen.

Inferno is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 01:09 AM
  #477
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Very good? I disagree. They have no depth at RW or at C. They'll still struggle to score goals mightily. They might make the playoffs.
Wheeler, Little, Frolik and Jokinen, Schiefele, and Burmistrov are bad depth?

Sorry dude, agree to disagree

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 01:11 AM
  #478
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Wheeler, Little, Frolik and Jokinen, Schiefele, and Burmistrov are bad depth?

Sorry dude, agree to disagree
burmis as good as gone.

Inferno is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 01:14 AM
  #479
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
burmis as good as gone.
I've heard he's asked for a trade, but it's interesting to me that he's been mentioned in no trade rumors as of late. KHL flight risk?

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 01:21 AM
  #480
JeffMangum
I'm v
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 58,785
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Wheeler, Little, Frolik and Jokinen, Schiefele, and Burmistrov are bad depth?

Sorry dude, agree to disagree
Jokinen is garbage. Scheifele is an unproven rookie. Burmistrov, as inferno said, is more than likely gone. Frolik is a bottom-6 player with little offensive game.

Look at their right wing depth. It's Wheeler, and no one else. Look at their C depth, especially without Burmistrov. It's Little, who's a better fit as a 2C, and a washed-up Olli Jokinen.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 01:25 AM
  #481
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,321
vCash: 500
Eh, we'll see. I agree that their center depth goes right to hell if they lose Burmistrov to trade or the KHL. They have lots of cap space, would be interesting to see if they pony up for Weiss or Ribeiro then.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 02:02 AM
  #482
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Carcillo can go rot in hell. Do not want him.
Seriously. If he had been on the Hawks, I couldn't have rooted for them this year.

****ing hate that guy

Callagraves is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 02:08 AM
  #483
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,942
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
No trade For NYR yesterday after one happening consecutively for 3 days straight? What is wrong with Sather, is he senile or something?

BBKers is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 02:13 AM
  #484
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 34,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
No trade For NYR yesterday after one happening consecutively for 3 days straight? What is wrong with Sather, is he senile or something?

Gone fishing.

darko is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 03:03 AM
  #485
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Do trades usually happen on the Fourth of July? I ask because free agency begins tomorrow (Friday) and remember how Katie Strang tweeted that a handful of teams were interested in acquiring the rights to Ryane Clowe? Well, today is the last day for that to happen.
At least Clowe is Canadian so he probably doesn't celebrate the Fourth of July . He can negotiate a deal with his new team.

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 04:56 AM
  #486
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Do trades usually happen on the Fourth of July? I ask because free agency begins tomorrow (Friday) and remember how Katie Strang tweeted that a handful of teams were interested in acquiring the rights to Ryane Clowe? Well, today is the last day for that to happen.
At least Clowe is Canadian so he probably doesn't celebrate the Fourth of July . He can negotiate a deal with his new team.
He can now anyway since they can negotiate 2 days in advance. Also yea it will be busy usually ufa s start July 1st and Canadian teams are busy

How about a deal like stempniak and two way contracts for Boyle , Pyatt, powe?

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
07-04-2013, 05:09 AM
  #487
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
trades would interest me, but thats all.

would LOVE to get Burmistrov or MPS....or both.

No idea what it would take to get em, but then you could go with something like...


Richards - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Callahan
Hagelin - Burmistrov - MPS
Fasth/Lindberg/Boyle/Asham/Pyatt/etc

thats assuming youre not tearing apart the top 2 lines to make it happen.
Del Zotto + Pyatt
for
Burmistrov + Postma

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 07:02 AM
  #488
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Blum and Mueller are the guys I'd target. Not enamored with the idea of vets who are well past their prime.
My thoughts exactly...both would be inexpensive, and would fill needs. (Of course, I thought the Rangers would have gone after Mueller last year.)

jas is online now  
Old
07-04-2013, 07:04 AM
  #489
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,372
vCash: 500
I'm fairly certain that Frolik is a RW.

jas is online now  
Old
07-04-2013, 08:49 AM
  #490
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'm fairly certain that Frolik is a RW.
yea he is but he's played C as well in his career

So is Sather going to get a verbal deal with a UFA say Lapierre then come up with a balzy DZ, Boyle, Pyatt deal for a top 6 F and RD?

Thinking that's the only option given the lack of cap space

Vitto79 is online now  
Old
07-04-2013, 09:39 AM
  #491
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,799
vCash: 500
UFAs I'm interested in; on D either Blum, Sratchan (both RHDs) or Komisarek or Kuba on one year budget deals.

Forwards; Raymond, Lapierre, and Akim Aliu (for minor league and project depth....big body).

None of those guys except Raymond would cost much and I'm curious to see what he gets.

Based on both Glen Sather and Gordie Clark's comments, it looks like they're not going to do much and let the Fast, Lindberg, Miller, and now Kristo battle it out for spots especially since Cally and Hagelin might miss time, and once those guys comes back, if the rookies are doing well, they'll take some of the other guys out of the lineup.

If Lindberg makes the team Boyle can go to wing, Miller can play anywhere, and if Fast plays his game there's no reason he can't get PP time. I've mentioned it here before, I'd love for Fast to eventually become Rick Nash's running mate, it would do soooo much for depth.

Even if they sign another Dman like Komisarek and he sits for 3/4s the year and only dresses for Flyers, Devils, Penguins, it's more depth in case Staal isn't 100% and doesn't force McLIrath or Noreau into an uncomfortable situation. If McLIrath is killing it down there and ready, that's a great problem to have.

White Plains Batman is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 09:51 AM
  #492
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,739
vCash: 500
What the heck happened to Blum? A couple of years ago you couldn't have pried him away from them with a crowbar.

Would love to pick him up - still young, fills a need and we all know how Slats likes his reclamation projects...

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 10:05 AM
  #493
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,677
vCash: 500
Yannick Weber is another suitable name for a RHD. If not Mueller, Pouliot might be a good option as well.

Tawnos is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 10:17 AM
  #494
LetterJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Yannick Weber is another suitable name for a RHD. If not Mueller, Pouliot might be a good option as well.
I have liked Peter Mueller since his draft year. That said, he has had concussion issues in the last couple of years. And I remember reading somewhere (when he was with the Avalanche) that his commitment to the game was lacking (because of some religious affiliation.). For those reasons, I think I would pass on Mueller.

LetterJ is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 10:36 AM
  #495
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea he is but he's played C as well in his career

So is Sather going to get a verbal deal with a UFA say Lapierre then come up with a balzy DZ, Boyle, Pyatt deal for a top 6 F and RD?

Thinking that's the only option given the lack of cap space
The point being, he's been predominantly a RW, and given the lack of depth at RW for the Jets, it's likely he's the 2nd line RW, and not a center, therefore he shouldn't be used as an example to claim the Jets are deep at center.

jas is online now  
Old
07-04-2013, 10:37 AM
  #496
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Yannick Weber is another suitable name for a RHD. If not Mueller, Pouliot might be a good option as well.
id love Pouliot on the 3rd or 4th line.. adds more skill than Pyatt and Powe.. big upgrade over those 2

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 10:38 AM
  #497
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
I have liked Peter Mueller since his draft year. That said, he has had concussion issues in the last couple of years. And I remember reading somewhere (when he was with the Avalanche) that his commitment to the game was lacking (because of some religious affiliation.). For those reasons, I think I would pass on Mueller.
Supposedly, so have the Rangers.

jas is online now  
Old
07-04-2013, 10:42 AM
  #498
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!
 
Amazing Kreiderman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 6,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Did Zucc really have 15 pts in 27 games (small sample size though) last season + playoffs? wow.
Yep.

He had 15GP, 3G, 5A, 8P in the reg. season
He had 12GP, 1G, 6A, 7P in the post season

Some people seem to forget he was rock solid his first season with 23 points (6G, 17A) in 42 games. As a 0.5 PPG player he is much better than some of the big contract-guys we've had

__________________
02/11/2015 @ Toronto: Dominic Moore falling down and going face first into the boards = Tanner Glass's entire season point production.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take; I also miss 100% of the shots that I do take." - Tanner Glass
Amazing Kreiderman is offline  
Old
07-04-2013, 11:41 AM
  #499
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 18,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Free Agent Frenzy/2013 Offseason Thread: Part VII: OMGZZZ SATHER DO SOMETHING


Isn't this what we all complain about?

Drury - sucked

Gomez - sucked

Redden - abomination

Gaborik - 2 good years on 5 year contract

Richards - Currently sucks

Rupp, Asham, suck(ed) to lesser degree

No top free agents. All cost more than they're worth. Limited cap space.

Yeah Sather, do something....
I urge everyone (myself included) to seriously think about this, where are we today if Sather does not make the following moves, much debated by alot of people (and no other similar moves):

1. Sign Marian Gaborik.

2. Trade AA, Dubi, Erixon and a 1st for Nash.

3. Sign Brad Richards.

Please backtrack. Answer these questions:
A) What team would we have?
B) How good would that team be?
C) What future would we have?

And so forth.

I think we would look something like this.
Hags-Step-Cally
Dubi-AA-Pyatt
Kreider-Boyle-Prust
Miller-Newbury-Haly
Staal-Stralman
McD-Girardi
MDZ-Erixon
Hank

I think that team is a team that is right around 8-10the in the east over the last 3 years, ie not going anywhere and not getting any high draft picks.

Yes, we would have a good 12m in cap space, but AA and Dubi makes more combined than Nash now and with more prominants

Ola is online now  
Old
07-04-2013, 11:46 AM
  #500
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I urge everyone (myself included) to seriously think about this, where are we today if Sather does not make the following moves, much debated by alot of people (and no other similar moves):

1. Sign Marian Gaborik.

2. Trade AA, Dubi, Erixon and a 1st for Nash.

3. Sign Brad Richards.

Please backtrack. Answer these questions:
A) What team would we have?
B) How good would that team be?
C) What future would we have?

And so forth.

I think we would look something like this.
Hags-Step-Cally
Dubi-AA-Pyatt
Kreider-Boyle-Prust
Miller-Newbury-Haly
Staal-Stralman
McD-Girardi
MDZ-Erixon
Hank

I think that team is a team that is right around 8-10the in the east over the last 3 years, ie not going anywhere and not getting any high draft picks.

Yes, we would have a good 12m in cap space, but AA and Dubi makes more combined than Nash now and with more prominants
And neither Nash nor Richards did much in the playoffs. I don't think either player has made this team significantly better or worse. We have good players, we just don't have enough of them throughout the roster.

GAGLine is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.