HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Hockey/Basketball area

Old
07-08-2013, 06:03 PM

vCash: 50
Hockey/Basketball area

I am looking to setup a hockey/basketball area on the side of the house and figure I can pave an area that is 40' x 20' without having to cut down any trees, if I cut tries I can actually go 40' x 50' but there's a good chance the city wouldn't let me get away with that (they are old growth trees and I have a creek in my backyard (so modifications to the environment are kind of iffy and realistically we don't really want to change the environment too much).

Is 40' x 20' a big enough area for my kids to play 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 hockey with their friends (no ice, I live in metro Vancouver so it really doesn't ever get cold enough for a backyard rink).

Also, if the size is good, I was thinking about getting a roll out mat for the kids to play on, any suggestions...looking for something like a big shooting pad that matches the size of the play area.

Finally, I was thinking about buying my kid a net to play soccer + hockey with, my kid is 4, so I assume a 52' net would be better than a full size, is that correct?

Thanks for any advice.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote